Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Ice crystals in my Pacifico
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 06:11 AM

Quote:

Eating or drinking ice cold anything affects taste because cold numbs the taste buds and inhibits release of aroma.

Had some ice cream last night--didn't numb my taste buds...of course the alchohol in the beer might do that;D
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 09:15 AM

"Ice" crystals are bringing down our society!
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
I was told by a German friend years ago that Americans drink their beer too cold and it adversely affects the taste. After heeding his advice and drinking my beer at a cool, but not cold temperature, I became convinced he was correct.

MrBillM... I did not post here until now, Because you said it all.
Now with Mexitron post, that I believe he was jesting, I am confirming what you said.
Ice Cream is a great example. When you start eating a ice cream the flavor is powerful. Soon you are just consuming it and taste little, wasting the ice cream and you only get the calories. Just stop once and let your mouth warm up and you can taste the greatness again. This works on all levels of temperatures. Someone started chilling white wines years ago.
I believe it started with wineries with foul tasting wines chilling them at tastings at wineries and convinced people this is the only way to drink white wine. Chilled white wine sucks.
The flavors are very mellow, why would you want to hide them:?: I drink little white wine, because of the mellowness.

IMHO 60-70 degrees is perfect for all beer and wine. If your beer/wine taste foul at this temp. You should consider a better quality drink. This enjoyment does not happen over night. If you want everything out of a beer/wine give it a chance. You will thank me later.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

cool.gif posted on 10-31-2006 at 10:52 AM

I just think it is a matter of prefering QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.
If i want to wash down a LOT then TASTE isn't an issue.
If I'm up for a good TASTE - then too cold is a contradiction.

Wine or Beer or Food has to have the RIGHT temperatur for the most ENJOYMENT. And it has to do with taking the TIME for it!!
CHEERS and BON APETIT :biggrin::dudette:

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 10:57 AM

Farasha..
""If i want to wash down a LOT then TASTE isn't an issue.""
Life is short why would you ever do that:?: Slow down:biggrin: The only washing I do is with water.:lol::lol:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
Summanus
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 11:09 AM
Frozen beer. Good or bad?

Easy..any beer is good. HOT...Cold....warm...cool. The key word is AVAILABILITY.

For the true beer lover, here is what frozen Budweiser beer crystals look like. Okay, so Bud is my choice either, but this is the only photo I could find...I would imagine Pacifico looks Oh-so-much-better!

- frozen Budweiser under microscope -.jpg - 20kB

Summanus....ancient Roman Nightly Thunder God. He liked refrieds too.
FARASHA
Senior Nomad

tongue.gif posted on 10-31-2006 at 11:10 AM

THAT was meant with a TOUNGE in CHEEK Albert!!
AND wasn't pointed in your direction :biggrin: anyway.
I would never wash down a lot either - my tummy can't take much. I can either DRINK or EAT, never both at same time!

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 11:14 AM

There are more reasons that just taste for drinking beer.

I'd say the difference in temp preferences between Germany and Baja are about 30 degrees............the average difference in daytime highs between most places in Baja and most places in Germany on any given day.

You wont find me drinking only cool-to-lukewarm beer in the heat of Baja. Germany, maybe, but not Baja.

My main reason for drinking beer is for refreshment. I dont like most all sodas. And if I want a buzz, beer is just too filling to accomplish this.

With white wines, there are times when I keep them chilled for as long as the bottle is open. Other times, I want the wine to warm. It all depends on the wine itself. Generally, if a white has too much fruit and oak for my palette, it's best drunk real cold cause it will only get more prominent as it warms.

[Edited on 10-31-2006 by Hook]
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 11:16 AM

Sorry Farasha...That is what I get for having my tounge hanging out.:lol::lol::cool:

Albert G

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
There are more reasons that just taste for drinking beer.

I'd say the difference in temp preferences between Germany and Baja are about 30 degrees............the average difference in daytime highs between most places in Baja and most places in Germany on any given day.

You wont find me drinking only cool-to-lukewarm beer in the heat of Baja. Germany, maybe, but not Baja.

My main reason for drinking beer is for refreshment. I don't like most all sodas. And if I want a buzz, beer is just too filling to accomplish this.

With white wines, there are times when I keep them chilled for as long as the bottle is open. Other times, I want the wine to warm. It all depends on the wine itself. Generally, if a white has too much fruit and oak for my palette, it's best drunk real cold cause it will only get more prominent as it warms.

[Edited on 10-31-2006 by Hook]

How right your are and I know I did not cover all situations.
When I do want a cold beer on a very hot day, I usually choose a weak beer like Corona and of course beer in bars are cold. White wines stale easily and should be refrigerated, but allow to warm be fore use. I do not drink much white so adjusting temp for taste sounds good.
I never drink for a buzz, but it happens. I usually hide as I am afraid of saying something I did not mean. At my age I get confused easily as it is.
Boy, am I getting thirsty:lol::lol: What time is it????:biggrin:

Albert G

FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 12:15 PM

AL G - ALWAYS THE RIGHT TIME FOR A well tempered beer.
AND there is a difference in drinking habits in Germany and Austria!! Austrians are more for the Quality in beverages and Food, germans are rather seeking Quantity.
Austrians too have for every kind of Beer and Wine a specific temperature. And we would never drink a beer lukewarm :P , but never use chilled/frozen glasses either.
A warm beer is refered to as tasting p**like or as VARNISH.
And we would rather die, then to drink a WARM beer or a warm white wine ( against etiquette !) White wine as well as Red wine have to have a specific given temperature, to BREATH, depending WHAT KIND of wine it is.
A good restaurant has his own Sommelier who looks after all this.
Back to Beer:
Vienna for example has 23 Districts - in some districts we have up to 3 breweries. each one creating at least 3 to 4 different kind of beers!!( Lager, Bock, Pils, etc..) Not all are sold in Bottles, some you can just get directly off the brewery's own Cantina!!
So each one needs a different temperature for developing the best taste!
SO - Cheers to all Beer Lover's - This is paradise here for you!
You can spend quite some time to get through our sortiment of beer alone in Vienna - now this goes through all Austria!! Imagine that!!!! :P:P:P
And you won't believe my FAVORIT beer is still a CORONA - it's light, doesn't make me drunk so easily, not to bitter, not too sweet. Makes me think of BAJA!!!!:yes:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 01:09 PM
Al

the time is.......five o'clock.....somewhere
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 01:41 PM

OK You talked me into it. Now I must make a hard choice...I know, I will have one of each:biggrin:

Albert G

FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 01:45 PM

AlG - you better plan a loooooooooong time on the loooooo also :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 01:58 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Albert G

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by FARASHA
And you won't believe my FAVORIT beer is still a CORONA - it's light, doesn't make me drunk so easily, not to bitter, not too sweet. Makes me think of BAJA!!!!:yes:

GOD I'm thirsty!

:cool:
Al G
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

GOD I'm thirsty!

:cool:

Join Me I'm half way through my first and thingink about who is next.:biggrin:
Hope I make it to see all the trickster:lol::lol:

Albert G

FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2006 at 02:29 PM

Just got myself one out of the fridge, sliced a lemon, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM , OPPS - anyone heard that burp??:rolleyes:

Dave
Elite Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 11-1-2006 at 12:28 PM
You've just lost all my respect

Quote:
And you won't believe my FAVORIT beer is still a CORONA -

You probably like Maccabee, too. ;)

Jeez...And coming from an Austrian :rolleyes:

FARASHA
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2006 at 12:48 PM

Maccabee was okay, still Corona is more my taste - although I'm Austrian - I'm a Cosmopolit too.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.