Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Ski Baja
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 03:48 PM
Frankos replies

Every time I see a new one, it puts a smile on my face. Thanks Franko.

It's time for a return to Addams Family values!
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 04:34 PM

De nada.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 04:47 PM
In spite of our quibbling

Pacificos n Ice Cream on me in the wilds!:lol:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 04:53 PM
hey mateo... out of all the stupid stuff on this

pointless self serving to many thread... yours was the only one worth reading... tooo funny amigo, you rock!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 05:07 PM

Jeez, what would you all do if there was no internet?

:?:
Chris Holmstead
Banned

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 06:25 PM
Pulling my head out

Wow! I've been told to shut up by a senoir nomand can I get out of time out when I am one too, (what does it take), I'm afraid it won't do any good though, by that time Ski Baja will probably promote himself to a Saint Baja. Is it too soon to kneel lt at his feet.

I have seen the light or maybe it was just the glow of Ski's sunny personality?

What the hell I'm bored and for some reason I just thought of this:
It was 1988, my first time going as far south as La Paz, we stopped at a gas station just outside of the city on the right. A boy tried to climb up the front of my new campervan to wash the windows. I didn't want him to scratch it so I held him up while he did his thing, and gave him a couple of bucks, and he asked in Spanish and pantomime to see the inside of the van. He was impressed, he petted the dog and put his hand on my two year old daughter's blonde head for good luck he told me. I only rembember this because after the second time I met him I looked back through my journals.

Skip to 1993, the same gas station, a young man starts washing the windshield and asks me in pretty good Enlish if I remember him. I say "No." He says, "I remeber you as he motions at the rig. He remembers the big red dog and the little blonde girl, after cleaning the windshield we went inside for him to say hi again. I was impressed, asked him about himself. His father ran the station and he was putting himself through an english speaking high school so that he could get a good job and help his younger brother and sisters through school. I asked why he wasn't in school that day? he told me he had run out of money, when he had it he would finish, I asked how much? it was two hundred dollars. I gave him a couple bucks for washing the winshield, and two hundred to get his ass back to school, my wife was furios. I asked him about going to college, he shrugged, "Maybe who knows?" I gave him my address and told him to write me if he ever needed help for school.
I recieved one letter from him, he didn't need my help because an organization of retired Americans living La Paz had selected him and he was going to college thanks to them, but he was still washing windows to help his brother and sisters go to the English school.

There is no large point to that, that I'm trying to make, some of the things that people here have said about all the good Ski does and what the rest of us are not doing just got me thinking about what I have done. Is it enough? I've brought clothes a few times, had one bad experience where the person I handed them over to took them and then sold them to the people I wanted to have them. One year I piled the top of my truck with kid sized moutain bikes that I had bought for ten or twenty dollars a piece, others were donated by friends. I passed them out at one of the tomato picker's schools and was sad when there wasn't enough to go around. I asked them to share, who knows if they did or not. I helped place a 14 year old orphan, living with an aunt in San Flippy, with a Mexican American family in Salt Lake City so that he could go to high school, and possibly college, but he didn't last long because he said he could make more money selling Jewelry on the beach, and found his way back to SF.
So I've done my little part, the question again is; is it enough? I hope so, because it isn't in me to devote my life to it. I go to Baja for my own mental good, I don't cause any harm, have been known to pick up other people's trash, there and state side. Almost every one that I know that goes down does some little thing.

All of these little things add up, at least I hope they do. SKibaja may do more as an individual, but he's not the only one, just the only one telling me to shut up and pull my head out. Hopefully some day that will happen. I've been trying for forty seven years and I am committed to that project, I want to get there before I die. Ski gives me inspiration, if he's done it then I certainly can.
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 06:51 PM
Hey Ski

I have read all these posts and believe it or not, I admire your spirit and drive to help the Mexicans, bringing relief after the hurricane etc. One fellow posted that he responded to your request of hurricane aid, came down and met you and said he now has a friend for life. I believe it!

I agree with your actions and agree I HAVE met some of the people you describe, BUT I do not understand your anger towards ALL of us since few of us even remotely fits your hostile descriptions.

You never answered my last inquiry whether you would go to the Baja Bash at Cielito Lindo. Even those that have gotten frustrated and fed up with you are mostly sweethearts and would much rather get to know you and be your friend than bicker with you.

How about a group of us organizing neighborhood drives to gather bikes, sporting equipment, clothes school books etc. so we can caravan down, Ski can show us his favorite distribution sites, we can go to dinner, camp, party, just have a great weekend. I think many friends can be made. There are a lot of new people on this board I would love to meet.

How bout it J.R?
M
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 07:19 PM
M

You know what's wrong with this board, I can't see all of the posts after I hit reply so I can see them when I am replying. Doug ? Any solutions ?
M, again I see what a truly caring Human Being you are.
As far as accusing all of you, I apologized for generalizing a number of times ( I am very bad about that) and explained if the Huarache fit, wear it, if anyone understood. Obviously, it wasn't hard to find many that wear that size as you know if you read all the posts. :lol:
I will tell you a little secret since most of us are now beginning to chill. I believe in what I say in my heart. That's why I am unfaltering with my beliefs and statements. My personal beliefs unfortunately include the majority of the people I am talking about so I generalize.
Now, the reason for that Baja/Disneyland post had 2 reasons.
1. To raise awareness of certain issues.
2. To see exactly who on here could wear above mentioned huaraches.
As far as these went, I had a complete success.
As far as raising awareness goes, I have already read comments on other boards using comparisons to my ramblings.
As far as selling my Huaraches, I seem to have a booming business. hahahahahaha:lol::lol::lol:
The Baja Bash: Depends on whether I am North or South but if I am up here, I already replied to someone about it and would love to go.
Nevertheless, our neighbors have trailers down there so I am set up for sleeping. Now, if I can just work out the $5.00 meals !
As they say in the good ol U.S., "Peace out Dudes".:light:

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 07:24 PM

Hey nice rainbow!

I hear, I know. I see, I remember.
I do, I understand.

Confucious say.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 07:40 PM
Chris and Mike

Not once have I asked for praise or said one word about what I have given these people. I take donations from true human beings and deliver it to others that need things.
I may or may not contribute things to these people but that really doesn't matter. And again, when I do take things down, I look like a beaner mobile and get about 5 miles to the gallon for 800 miles.
I enjoy doing it so I don't care about that and I am doing many other things down there as well so that really is insignificant.
But, I would much rather see all of everybody doing the same things that I do when you all are down here. Sounds like you are already doing that in a huge way Chris and I think what you have done is awesome. Now, if everyone does that, my whining will have a major effect, won't it?

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 07:42 PM
Thanks Gato

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 08:59 PM

i've read the post and have had my turtle soup so its time for bed, good night.:coolup:
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 09:17 PM
Turtles

Could you save me a "to go" bag? I have yet to try it.

Chris Holmstead
Banned

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 10:46 PM
I think

I started doing it way before you started whining, and what I have done is not awsome, it's been things we don't need up here in my little town; our throw aways, and it's been a pain in the butt sometimes hauling it down there. But the kick I got got from the kids over the bikes was grand. A friend of mine that owned a bike shop tuned them all up and slimed the tires. It's too bad that Dean didn't g4t too see the kids peddling away.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 11:10 PM
Could you please run through your list

one more time. If you are so experienced at this dude, why are you asking what to do with it on the Travelers board.
Why don't you just drop it and carry on with your good deeds?:light:

Chris Holmstead
Banned

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 11:26 PM
Simply put

I heard that there were people that could get it to the neediest. I had grand ideas like you of doing the most good. Sorry, didn't mean to step on your toes.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2004 at 11:50 PM
I already told you where to take them

so, what's the problem ?

Chris Holmstead
Banned

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 12:19 AM
To the point

I don't trust you :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::O:O:O:O:mad::mad::mad::mad:::lol::lol::lol::lol::light:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

".....You have obviously succumbed to the need to tidy up opinions and to prune humanity to an accepted range of behaviors. It makes me think of how it is the fate of those who think and act outside of the box of accepted thoughts and actions to fit themselves into the gaps between noisier, blunter lives, where they are gradually squeezed out by small and mean people like yourself....."

Wow...I don't... at all... like what you said but I loved the way you said it!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 1-10-2004 at 11:52 AM

Faith: Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel .

Bierce
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.