BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: What Harm has been Done?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 03:01 PM

howat: Good factual information. thank you.

I would only take exception that they are damaging our Culture as it use to be. True in some ways, but from my view, and age, the most damage being done to our culture has been from within not Without.

The lack of teaching our Children Respect and Responsibility etc. has created a Culture of Blame , If it feels good, Do it, mentality, which in my mind creates Weakness of the Individual.

I have Faith in the American Way, and Hope that this next Generation will get Sick and Tired and start to Change into a Responsibile Society. a Society that will accept such as the Hard Working Mexicano People as well as others, and develop the Strength to Fight those that wish to destroy our Way of Life.

I think it would surpise many People if they learned of the many Mexicanos that are now serving our Country in the Military.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 03:27 PM

Skeet ----

Yeah..... It would surprise me. How many?
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 03:52 PM

Gee, judging by some of these posts, Mexicans heading north (legal or otherwise) have been responsible for a general societal crime wave, the distortion of a the world's largest free-market economy, the trashing of the price curve, the deterioration of the family, and maybe even global warming. Seems like they're being giving credit for far more influence than any group of human beings deserves.

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 03:57 PM

Harm? To me? Personally?:?:None. But......!!! Just because I haven't been raped, murdered, or mugged doesn't mean others have not suffered from those offenses.:o
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
To all Posters:

What Harm has been done to you Personally by the Mexicanos coming to the States????

You mean other than my wife? Well, a couple of nephews have been sort of a pain in the ass...:lol:

I wish others would stick to the question,i.e.; "Personally" and quit skewing the thread to the vague abstract. As for me, there have been very few direct impacts of a negative nature. A ******* shadetree mechanic once did a brake job on a Karmann Ghia without putting the proper torque on the hub, resulting in the wheel coming off, loss of the vehicle, putting my wife in the hospital and killing a puppy, and more recently a cabinetmaker stiffed me for $180 without delivering the shelves I ordered. But, those could just as well have been gringos. Fellow countryman have done worse to me over the years.

On the other hand, I've been rewarded with many wonderful friendships, have known many straightforward, honorable people and know several countrymen who have had successful businesses that would not have been possible without "cheap labor".

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 05:02 PM

Tequila!! Talk about the damaging influence of another culture! And what about those boat anchor burritos? I'm wider than I am high (as in height) because of those things. And do you know how much money I've blown on the sweetbread stuff, what do they call it? Panocha?

And to the guy that complained about the ugly latinas. I'll give you a tour of TJ some night. WOW!! There's this blond chichona from GDL that, well.....nevermind.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie

And to the guy that complained about the ugly latinas. I'll give you a tour of TJ some night. WOW!! There's this blond chichona from GDL that, well.....nevermind.

Old Hippie,

With that you'd be cutting into Fernado's territory. Or, you could become partners?:lol:

Ken
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 05:13 PM

Oldhippie ----

Would you give us a tour of Adelitas? I don't think it's on fdt's itenerary.
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 06:06 PM

Sorry for you Skeet.......You are way off base again...Especially on this one!!!! Whether or not you are aware of whats going on... or not aware.... does not make any difference to you because of where you live. The reality is that there is a social class war going on in So. Cal.. Its between the have's and the have nots..... Alot of the very impoverished hispanics( almost all illegals) are constantly robing and beating and stealing and even raping victims from wealthier areas. My son lives in an upperclass neighborhood in Irvine and the theives are crawling through the locked windows at night.(his). They send out young wiley very fit runners as snoops looking in windows of occupied homes while people are wathing tv or whatever in the evenings when lights are on and they can see.... and they are carrying two way radios to communicate with cube vans parked in the neighborhood close by with as many as 6 to 8 other theives and plan and execute their crimes. Very organized.They can empty out a 4000sq. ft. house in less than 10 minuets. My son hangs out with alot of policeman and is constantly hearing and relating some of the most wildest tales to me. My daughter in law has been stocked twice by strange men of Mexican origin( or so she thought).. The police try to play down the illegal activity as not to shake the confidence of the general population.Its really to bad, but there is alot gong on we do not hear about. Some of it very grizzly. It affects everyone.Bill M said it right....."Go try surviving a night in Santa Ana or Fullerton" after dark?....Obviusly its only a small part of the hispanic population, but as the gap widens and the population increases so do the ceimes. Law enforcement is at an impasse.++C++
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 09:12 PM

I have been benefited greatly. I have made friends on both sides, and have even hatched very elaborate plans to bring people to the otre lade so that I could employ them in various sundry tasks. They have done the same for me! I agree with that 'ole codger skeet that our culture has been harmed more from within than without (but we won't argue details here!). Now listen up - I worked hard to make my money, and no one is going to tell me how I can spend it, and if I want to give it to some of my friends in exchange for them being oh so helpful, then I will, and the rest of you can go bugger off! Why is it that my money is transparent across borders but my friends aren't? OK, here comes the rant - if capitalism is such a good thing, why isn't labor allowed to cross borders freely as does capital?!?!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 12:54 AM

Because years ago it was learned how to capitalize on illegal or immigrant laborers.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 06:15 AM

Thanks for your Posts;
Crusoe: I am well aware of what is going on in Orange County, Don"t feel Sorry for me.
I agree 100% with what you are saying. The Wars Contuine.

It was very much the Same in South Central/East La/ and even Compton{Had the Largest Population of Ex-Cons in Calif.} but on a much smaller Scale}

Maybe it will take some Citizens to start taking things into their own Hands to stop the Outlaws.
During the Years driving South, I felt saver in Baja than I did on the Los Angeles Freeway

Is it all Gang Activity, Mexican, Black, Asian etc. or is it Mexicanos alone??

Skeet.
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 06:54 AM

skeet !0 years ago , 2 illegals broke in my stepfathers home in colton calif, killed him and stolealmost everything in the house and his truck ,he had been a nice guy and hired them to paint his house , and was letting them stay in his camp trailer, they were caught in san diego.
also see them up here in colorado building houses piece work , doing slipshod work can't speak english, so sure as hell can't read blue prints

[Edited on 5-31-2007 by jimgrms]
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 07:17 AM

Skeet you initiated this thread.....Its not about asians or blacks... Its about Mexicans coming across our border and helping or harming inocent people.Or is it not?? What are you fishing for??...Stop worrying and be happy and alive. ++C++
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
To all Posters:

What Harm has been done to you Personally by the Mexicanos coming to the States????

Well, during my last 5 years of teaching high school, every so often a jerk who was Mexican, or Mexican American would disrupt my class. Then when I would throw him or her out, sometimes they would call me a racist --- the only reason I was throwing the student out was because he/she is Mexican. :yes:

But, since I was teaching in Calexico, 99% of my students were Mexican or Mexican-American. The other students would just roll their eyes and laugh. :spingrin:

They were some of the greatest teenagers around. So much to learn from all cultures, and border culture is unique. It enriched my life.

However, there were a few of the Mexican and Mexican American teachers who really disliked all gringos and taught hate in their classrooms. They were harmful to everyone --- most of all, harmful to the students.

Diane

[Edited on 5-31-2007 by jdtrotter]

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 11:02 AM

Crusoe: My intention was for your Opinion on the Area South of 405. Is it entirely Mexican lawbreakers and Gangs??
Interesting about Colo.. Here in the Texas Panhandle the Mexicanos are doing Good Work in Roofing, Bricklaying, Lanscaping. It is hard to find other labor as many have gone to the Oil Patches and as you know Cowboys only want to Work Cows at $100 For Day Work, then Play at the Midnight Rodeo the rest of the Week end.
Skeet
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter

However, there were a few of the Mexican and Mexican American teachers who really disliked all gringos and taught hate in their classrooms. They were harmful to everyone --- most of all, harmful to the students.

Diane

[Edited on 5-31-2007 by jdtrotter]

They're the ones who should be on their knees begging for amnesty.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 01:17 PM
Skeet

You know that your question could have just as easily been asked about what the Japanese or the Germans did to 'harm' you personally before and during WWII. Very few of our citizens had any contact with those folks so they could not be personally harmed.

The question, in my mind, is what impact have the Mexicans coming to America had on the American culture and how did that negatively effect you.................My answer would be simply and #1 Gangs!

Forget the fact that many of us have Mexican members in our family's, that they have a great culture, that we (I) love them.........that they are our (my) friends. Bottom line is how do they impact the culture in which we live when we are in America..........then I would still say gangs.....abuse of hospitals, welfare....................

Ah! nuts! Society and culture are what bind us together and allow us to survive and when they are attacked or deminished then we as individuals suffer.....

To steal a quote from 'amir' on another post.......

"We are practicing 'La Reconquista' in California." (for those who don’t now— it is Conquering)
- Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 03:42 PM
Guess this one got by -- but I still took offence at attitude and words written

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
It harms my eyes that the women are mostly short, fat and ugly.
I guess they keep the goodlooking ones in Mexico.
If they would just share some of their hotlooking women I think that would help Us/Mexico relations alot.
We get the throwaways.
Okay I've got to go put on my asbestos suit because I know I'm going catch heat for this.

If there is truth in every jest -- and I believe humor disguises many things -- then these words about Mexican women is disparaging and unnecessary. Guess fishback has a problem with short, fat and ugly women -- and for some reason, I don't. I love them too, along with whatever physical attributes a woman has been blessed with.

To address Mexican women as ''throwaways'' insults all women -- pretty or not, Mexican or not.

I read this post wondering where the humor was and wondering why someone would write such callous things on this board. And I was hoping someone would ''report" this post and have it removed.

I'm not looking to promote sensitivity training here, or points for who is the most politically correct. God knows I stick my foot in my own mouth from time to time and go off on a rant.

Sexism and racism is the same coin, in my opinion, just opposite sides. If you cast racial slurs at someone, or degrade a woman by pointing out how her looks offend you, then someone needs to address what this stuff really means -- that someone is probably taking offense, maybe not saying anything.

Hey fishbuck, you need to go out of your way NOT to offend people here. As much as I can still shake your hand and drink beer with you considering what I think of you favoring Grassfire, your comments about Mexican women here is over the top -- and as I see it, serving no express purpose but to hurt women, generally.

Just my one opinion, as I see no one else as said anything.

Lee :cool:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
It harms my eyes that the women are mostly short, fat and ugly.
I guess they keep the goodlooking ones in Mexico.
If they would just share some of their hotlooking women I think that would help Us/Mexico relations alot.
We get the throwaways.
Okay I've got to go put on my asbestos suit because I know I'm going catch heat for this.

If there is truth in every jest -- and I believe humor disguises many things -- then these words about Mexican women is disparaging and unnecessary. Guess fishback has a problem with short, fat and ugly women -- and for some reason, I don't. I love them too, along with whatever physical attributes a woman has been blessed with.

To address Mexican women as ''throwaways'' insults all women -- pretty or not, Mexican or not.

I read this post wondering where the humor was and wondering why someone would write such callous things on this board. And I was hoping someone would ''report" this post and have it removed.

I'm not looking to promote sensitivity training here, or points for who is the most politically correct. God knows I stick my foot in my own mouth from time to time and go off on a rant.

Sexism and racism is the same coin, in my opinion, just opposite sides. If you cast racial slurs at someone, or degrade a woman by pointing out how her looks offend you, then someone needs to address what this stuff really means -- that someone is probably taking offense, maybe not saying anything.

Hey fishbuck, you need to go out of your way NOT to offend people here. As much as I can still shake your hand and drink beer with you considering what I think of you favoring Grassfire, your comments about Mexican women here is over the top -- and as I see it, serving no express purpose but to hurt women, generally.

Just my one opinion, as I see no one else as said anything.

Lee :cool:

Thank you Lee---you said it all. :yes:

Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.