BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: What Harm has been Done?
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 03:57 PM

Humor is truth without the seatbelt

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 04:29 PM

What are you people doing?

You slobber and cry about how mean we are to the illegal community in our country. How terrible we are because we don't understand and have no heart and soul because we don't treat them like lost puppys who need a home.
According to you, we fail to understand the issue because we wont understand their culture and their needs. Not to mention how wonderful they are.

Hey, Lee my friend.....

Fishbuck shouldn't go anywhere just because you don't agree with him. He should stay right here and express himself, more, in my opinion.
Where do you come off telling people how they should express themselves?
Is that the American way you espouse? My way or the highway?
What insulting crap. I'm surprised it came from you.

Bernie ----

It's all about us trying to accomodate a group of people who don't want to be accomodated. You know this.
How many times in your life have you heard about the Mexican community, as a whole, being concerned with the feelings of the OTM [ other than Mexican ] element in their life?
They couldn't care less.
They need jobs, they need money. They don't need, or want, us. Not even in our country.

Our future will be better served when this is understood.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 04:54 PM

Gentlemen, Scholars:
I was Hoping, just Hoping that my Topic would generate some interest of a personal Nature that might give us all a True inside on this Problem.

Well it did for a Awhile, some very good Posts. I thank you for all of your Positive Posts.
There has been many good and Great things that Many of the Mexicanos coming to the States have brought to our Society.
And yes there have been some very Negative Things Also.
The change and Division in our Country has brought out the Worst in our own People.
I have Faith that it will be solved in the Future. It maybe be that the Natl. Guard will have to be Called, it maybe that we will have to suffer some Deaths and Destruction but at the End I think our Nation will come togather to treat the Hard Working Mexicano Familys with Dignity.
We Must come to gather to Survive.

Skeet/Loreto
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 05:09 PM
Lee/Dennis

Lee, I agree with your sumation of fishbuck's offensive remarks about women---you do forget that his motivation as stated is to stir things up---There are many things that I disagree with on the board but I don't believe censorship is the answer-------Lord know the Mexican and American Government practice it to the detriment of their own citizens all of the time. I believe all of us (yep! even me) post things that irritate others.........but we seldom do it 'just to stir things up' because we realize that behavior accomplishes mostly nothing.

Dennis, I believe what you say about the Mexicans as a people can be said about any group of people in the world. What I do take exception to is the Mexican governments overt actions to encourage their citizens to violate American law and become a drain on our national treasury. AND I object, very vocally away from this board, at the American governments refusal to enforce our laws and protect our citizens........We get tossed in jail in Mexico and our consulate smiles and forgets about it. A Mexican gets tossed in jail in America and his government goes so far as to threaten to go to the International Courts, not necessarily to protect the criminal, but to see that 'their' laws apply.

Most folks all over the world are very basically good people...it is normally the government that mucks things up in spite of the people.

Remember what JR used to say about 'humans' and how mad he (and I) got when Americans attempted, wholesale, to change the Mexican culture and impose theirs.

It is so d amn simple....people need to obey the laws of the host country.....period........and if they can't or won't do that they should be sent home............as Mexico does with its illegals from all over Latin America.

One last thing.....The Mexican Federal law against slander and liable have been done away with.....BUT the laws against same are still on the books in Baja and many of the things being said here--if said in Baja--could get folks deported or jailed.........or both.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

It maybe be that the Natl. Guard will have to be Called Skeet/Loreto

Good idea. What's the area code for Baghdad? That's where they are.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 05:17 PM

Well Bernie, I won't be silenced by fear.

Thanks for your last post. It means more to me than your epistles. I may print it and read it, from time to time, on the couch instead of the bathroom.

Thanks again.
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 06:17 PM

Soooooo........ Dennis....... what happened after I cut in front of you at the jetty?? Did we meet at Woodys Wharf and talk about Baja or did you find me in Blackies???. That spot was my home away from home and what a great view. Just like Baja.....??? Its all just a state of bieng. ++C++
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 06:24 PM

Crusoe ----

You be talkin my turf, Bro.
I was a bartender at the Alley West , and Sids and other places.....

[Edited on 6-1-2007 by DENNIS]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 07:00 PM
read it and weep friends....or not!

and to clarify - this is re: illegals.

According to ImmigrationCounters.com, here are some of the realities that
Flake-Gutierrez would airbrush out of the picture:

Number of Illegal Aliens in the Country

Money Wired to Mexico City since January, 2006
$22,213,001,672.00

Cost of Social Security Services for Illegal Aliens since 1996
$397,450,739,563.00

Number of Children of Illegal Aliens in Public Schools

Cost of Illegal Aliens in K-12 Since 1996:
$13, 965,063,431.00

Number of Illegal Aliens Incarcerated

Cost of Incarcerations Since 2001
$1,398,127,429.00

Number of Illegal Aliens Fugitives

Skilled Jobs Taken by Illegal Aliens

Figures can trick your eyes. Take particular note that items 2,3,5, and 7
reflect BILLION not millions of dollars -- and that item 3 exceeds
one-third of a TRILLION dollars.

Can you imagine how much it will cost taxpayers if we triple the number of
Illegals entering this country!!

Subject: What's in a Billion?

Granted................. this is from the US!
The next time you hear a politician use the word "billion" in a casual
manner, think about whether you want the "politicians" spending your tax
money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency
did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its
releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
>;D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our
government is spending it.

F. Multiply it by 2.7 and you have the amount Scrushy stole....remember!

While this thought is still fresh in our brain, let's take a look at New
Orleans . It's amazing what you can learn with some simple division . . .

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently asking the Congress for
$250 BILLION to rebuild New Orleans. Interesting number, what does it mean?>
a. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of New Orleans (every man,
woman, child), you each get $516,528.

b. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans , your home gets
$1,329,787.

c. Or, if you are a family of four, your family gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D.C. ... HELLO!!! . Are all your calculators broken??

This is too true to be very funny

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 07:03 PM

It saddens me that these facts and figures will be read by so many blind eyes.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 07:37 PM

How can we be concerned with those figures that are a drop in the bucket when our government is spending Mega bucks more on useless endeavors.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 08:04 PM

It's downright mind-boggeling.:o:o
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 08:22 PM
Dennis

They are not blind they just refuse to see................A trillion bucks is absolutely not peanuts and I have never seen a bucket that large. As long as folks believe that then there is no hope for our grandchildren or their grandkids.

Both countries are in the process of decline and for the reasons stated in this quote:
"Luxury ruins republics; poverty, monarchies." Montesquieu, Charles De

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 08:31 PM

Quick! I have heard that the American Indians have extended
amnesty to those illegal aliens that entered their country,
overstayed their welcome and over ran their land.
Act now to be legal members of the Mayflower Society.
I am not sure if the penalty can still be paid in beads and
trinkets.
As an immigrant coworker once whispered to me "You know
what is wrong with this country? Too many foreigners!"
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 09:20 PM

capt. mike

as you may know I'm sort of a numbers guy and your post with all those numbers is mighty suspicious. For example:

Number of Illegal Aliens in the Country: 20,807,645

Now how do they know that? Tell me. You sure it's not 20,807,646?

That statement alone makes me think that all the data you presented can't be believed.

At 15 million the number of illegals is 5%. That means 95% are legal. Relax folks, we may be spending a few % helping folks that are here illegally, but we're spending a whole lot more killing, well I won't go there.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
It harms my eyes that the women are mostly short, fat and ugly.
I guess they keep the goodlooking ones in Mexico.
If they would just share some of their hotlooking women I think that would help Us/Mexico relations alot.
We get the throwaways.
Okay I've got to go put on my asbestos suit because I know I'm going catch heat for this.

If there is truth in every jest -- and I believe humor disguises many things -- then these words about Mexican women is disparaging and unnecessary. Guess fishback has a problem with short, fat and ugly women -- and for some reason, I don't. I love them too, along with whatever physical attributes a woman has been blessed with.

To address Mexican women as ''throwaways'' insults all women -- pretty or not, Mexican or not.

I read this post wondering where the humor was and wondering why someone would write such callous things on this board. And I was hoping someone would ''report" this post and have it removed.

I'm not looking to promote sensitivity training here, or points for who is the most politically correct. God knows I stick my foot in my own mouth from time to time and go off on a rant.

Sexism and racism is the same coin, in my opinion, just opposite sides. If you cast racial slurs at someone, or degrade a woman by pointing out how her looks offend you, then someone needs to address what this stuff really means -- that someone is probably taking offense, maybe not saying anything.

Hey fishbuck, you need to go out of your way NOT to offend people here. As much as I can still shake your hand and drink beer with you considering what I think of you favoring Grassfire, your comments about Mexican women here is over the top -- and as I see it, serving no express purpose but to hurt women, generally.

Just my one opinion, as I see no one else as said anything.

Lee :cool:

Finally some attention! Thank you Lee.
I'm surprised that no one besides OldHippie even commented.
But I'm not surprised that it was Lee because he seems to like calling me names. That's okay. Please exercise your right to free speech whenever you like.
And I'll shall do the same.
You don't need to agree with me or like what I say. You don't even have to like me. That is your right. It's called freedom of association.
I also have the right to pursue happiness. And it makes me happier to look at good looking women than short fat ugly ones.
In fact I saw a beautiful asian lady today and decided that I will make a petition to replace all the short fat ugly mexican ladies in West Costa Mesa with hot looking asian ladies from Thailand, Phillipines and Viet Nam. Maybe GrassFire can help me. After I'm done there I'll start on Baja. I don't see many good looking native girls there either. And I've been looking. And OldHippie, pros in strip clubs don't count.
When I said we get the throwaways I mean that we certainly don't get the winners from mexican society we get the losers. Anybody successful(or the beautiful women) stay in Mexico. We get the ones who Mexico doesn't make a place for.
So I stand by my right to like beautiful women instead of ugly ones(they hurt my eyes). And Lee feel free to call me a racist or sexist or any other derogatory words you can think of. It's your right.
God Bless America!

[Edited on 6-1-2007 by fishbuck]

[Edited on 6-1-2007 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 10:48 PM

I take it you're not "short, fat & ugly" :biggrin:

I agree about eye-candy value. Most men wouldshould like it, duh!:lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2007 at 11:54 PM

I'm not sure what the purpose of this post was meant to be.

I guess that if something ILLEGAL doesn't affect you personally then it's OK ??

Personally, I've never been raped or murdered (illegal things) so I guess it really doesn't HARM me, personally.

Is that what you're looking for Skeet ?

Or more like;
My kid's schools are fighting to keep their heads above water partly due to illegals (non-tax paying) occupying almost 40% of the seats.
Our social services programs constantly run short of money, partly due to the huge strain of non-tax paying ILLEGALS.
Our roads and other infrastructure improvements are underfunded due in part to the huge social services outlay for ILLEGALS.
Unfortunately, 90% of the names on the police blotter in our area are mexican - every month !
(with only 25% max in the local population.)

Don't get me wrong. There are many, many things that I enjoy about the Mexican immigratiion. It just needs to be done legally and at a pace that our economy/infrastructue can handle.

[Edited on 6-1-2007 by Diver]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

eureka.gif posted on 6-1-2007 at 04:34 AM
yes OH - you are right - very observant of you.

Quote:
Originally posted by oldhippie
capt. mike

as you may know I'm sort of a numbers guy and your post with all those numbers is mighty suspicious. For example:

Number of Illegal Aliens in the Country: 20,807,645

Now how do they know that? Tell me. You sure it's not 20,807,646?

That statement alone makes me think that all the data you presented can't be believed.

At 15 million the number of illegals is 5%. That means 95% are legal. Relax folks, we may be spending a few % helping folks that are here illegally, but we're spending a whole lot more killing, well I won't go there.

that extra guy in the count walked over the AZ border whilst i were typing!

i now have vowed to give em back some of their medicine!
i am sneaking into baja, and will hang until i am caught!:bounce:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
oldhippie
Banned

Mood: muted

[*] posted on 6-1-2007 at 06:35 AM

Fishbuck,

Somebody said somewhere on this website that there are 2 categories of Americans in Mexico, the wanted and the unwanted.

Maybe vice-versa is also true? ;D

Tortillas and frijolies refritos do make for pudgy people, as do big macs.

Capt. Mike, sneaking into baja? Are you going to walk south through the desert? Please swim south around the fence at Imperial Beach into Tijuana so I can take a picture.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.