BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: What Harm has been Done?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 08:23 PM

CaboRon, Truth as in "Fact".:yes:
CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

eureka.gif posted on 6-3-2007 at 08:26 PM

Oh, Because to be politically uncorrect is truthfull, and a spontanious expression which is possibly genuine truth .... more so than the implied untruthfulness of being Politically Correct which is socially sanctioned mis-speak. Yes, 1984 has come and gone and "Truth-Speak" is the dictated law of the land. :?::?::?: CaboRon

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 08:36 PM

Reality might be a better word.:)
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 08:59 PM
Gee Skeet -- read the posts below your post and know why some here post to read their words only.

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Lee: No You start It! I have done enough Harm for One Thread.

I have never yet had those two Words Defined: Maybe that we have smeone who can Try.

Skeet

No thanks. No interest, no time, don't care much for what's being said.... like other's have said, why bother? Debating the merits of PC vs. Non-PC is basic stuff. It'll take awhile for these guys to catch up with the rest of us.

:cool::cool:
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-3-2007 at 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Lee: No You start It! I have done enough Harm for One Thread.

I have never yet had those two Words Defined: Maybe that we have smeone who can Try.

Skeet

No thanks. No interest, no time, don't care much for what's being said.... like other's have said, why bother? Debating the merits of PC vs. Non-PC is basic stuff. It'll take awhile for these guys to catch up with the rest of us.

:cool::cool:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE -- no teasing.

:cool:

Ya Lee it's going to take some of us a while to catch up with you alright.
LIKE NEVER!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2007 at 01:49 AM

In my forty years of travel in Mexico the worst I have experienced is some petty theft and harassment in places I knew better than to be in. My experience here in the USofA with Mexican's is the same.

The illegal immigration issue is very complex and will not very easily be resolved.

Diver makes a very good point when he addresses the reality of class seats and social services being used by people who are here illegally and the cost of those services are paid out of the public coffer. I think that these problems would not be as significant were it not for the fact that class sizes have increased in the past twenty five years and funding for public health has decreased. Therefore we all are left to fight for the scraps from our public wheel. This pits social class against social class and the bigger picture is lost. I believe that this may be why this issue is now being placed so prominently before our eyes. Perhaps we are not supposed to be looking at a bigger picture. It is much easier to have a scapegoat to blame for social ills, the Jews have played that role for centuries, the Italians and Irish also served this purpose in earlier times.

I am not denying that problems exist, or that they have worsened. We have allowed our borders to be permeable for decades and have under funded education and social services for decades. We have under funded our national infrastructure for decades. We have under funded our National Guard for Decades and now have sent them off shore to substitute for a standing army.

Our nation’s values have been to wage war rather than to make choices to spend our resources on national health care for all, decreasing class size, fully fund education and build public infrastructure like Public Health, FEMA etc. So the increased population of Mexican immigrants, legal and illegal, taxes all of our public services including education and health care.

Our borders have been a joke for decades and this problem has never been adequately addressed because there are powerful vested interests in having a cheap labor supply. The Military/Industrial Complex, that Eisenhower warned us about, has a powerful vested interest in having perpetual ongoing war. This cost has driven this country from a surplus to record deficits in the past seven years! These deficits create a situation where it is impossible to provide adequate funding for education, public heath, safety and social services.

The Insurance/Pharmaceutical Lobby has a vested interest in seeing that the only Health Care System that we will ever have is one that provides them with vast profits each year. The fact is that forty five million of us do not have medical insurance and we have one of the most costly health care systems in the world. Add to this mix an influx of even more people who do not have medical insurance and you further tax an already overburdened and failing system.

It is not the Mexicans that are causing these problems as Bernie and others have so well said.

"Look not at the sliver in your neighbor's eye, but the mote in your own eye" Jesus said something like that. I think he would spin in his grave......metaphorically speaking.......if he saw how we treated the poor these days!

Iflyfish
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2007 at 07:03 AM

IFlyFish: That is a Good Post!!

I often wonder through, where would we be if all of the Excess Money was spent to eliminate the Poor?? It appears to me that we have done much Better in our Country than many others.
The need for the Production of Wealth is Great, some people have that desire and Work toward their Goals, some do not Work and do not have that same Desire to Produce Wealth.
Somewhere along the Way, I learned that I did not want other peoples leavings, only that which I produced from my on Abilities- Think I learned that when I was a HObo riding the Rails at 17 years Old.

It does appear that in todays Culture it is Easier to "Blame" others for our own Shortcomings, than to Stand up and Fight, we it comes from the Education System, The Govt., the Mass Media.

Skeet/Loreto
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2007 at 08:20 AM
fishback defends his deplorable bahavior? Muchacho malo!

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
While I really feel Fishbuck's comments are deplorable ..... I absolutly support his right , no, his duty to express his views ........ CaboRon

I'm not alone fish. And I do defend your right to civil liberties. This forum isn't a democracy, though. Abuse your priviledges to post and you pay the price. Guess you haven't quite crossed the line. Wanna play the race card again?

Hee hee hee. That really rubs you the wrong way, doesn't it? And I suspect Cabronito (affectionately, Ron) has similar issues too. Work up Norte for the PC crowd then decide that anything goes down South. I see it alot. Americanos Feo. Muy trieste. Rebelling against authority figures is something that generally get's worked out in adolescence. We all did it.

I'll defend you guys when you're in line. When you step out, well.... the gloves are off. You like it that way, don't you?

Mexican women (in the USA) are ''throwaways." Am I quoting you correctly?

Ah, yes, a cool Pacifico with my tacos desayuno.

:lol:
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.