Author: Subject: visa's at the border...impt info
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-7-2007 at 06:51 AM

you can...but you pay the fine$$$:wow:

you can also get them in santa rosalia with the fine$$$:wow:
no problem...:yes:

remember guerrero negro is an hour earlier from the west coast and they close early...

everytime i go by (normally) they are closed

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2007 at 01:21 PM

Thanx Bob, that is an issue particularily if'n you are doing it in one leg.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2007 at 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joel
I came through in June around midnight during the week and found the Tijuana visa office at the border closed.

Next day I went to the office at the port in Ensenada where I had to pay the one-day fine mentioned above 50 pesos plus to have the girl in the next door office fill out my paperwork at $7 per person. There was no one in front of me and it still took 45 minutes.

It wasn't the end of the world, but it felt pretty lousy. The guy at the counter wouldn't believe the visa office in TJ was closed.

Hey Joel-

If the office is closed which is normally the case when I cross at 4am, you need to go to the old office. It is located next to the pedestrian entrance into Mexico.

In other words, if you are facing the immigration office go south (left) and then through the walkway. Turn right and walk north towards the US. You will see the office just before the gates. It's about 3-400 yards away.

Hope this helps.

Zac

QuePasaBaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2007 at 09:52 AM

I have personally never heard of Validating an FM3. Unless you got it in the states, and then entered Mexico with you. You have to have it stamped at the point of entry.

I have traveled from Rosarito beach to Cuba 3 times with mine, and it has NEVER been stamped or " Validated "

Each trip took me through Monterrey.

Maybe someone in Baja is pulling a fast one on some of you.

Have a Baja Day

QuePasaBaja
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.