Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Need a job
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 01:37 PM

Thanks guys for all the advise. I like all the different perspectives actually. No opinion is unhelpful. Don Jorge, I like your idea alot. How do you put an idea like that into action?

Oh, and I dont ever plan on using wellfare or SS because there wont be any SS when im 65.

I remember JR had his bamboo farm and I thoguht that was a cool idea as well.

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by pascuale]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Come on....cut him some slack. Better yet, offer him a job.

OK...I will. Just as soon as I need a Nazarene with a business degree and car rental experience. After all, this is the time of year for Nazarenes, is it not? I can see him now, standing by the off-ramp with a sign saying, Pascuale Of Nazereth. Will Work For Food. No Loaves Or Fish Accepted.

Just havin' fun with you Ethan. I hope you realize that. Keep asking here for what you're looking for and it will eventually come up. Good luck.

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by DENNIS]
pascuale
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 02:32 PM

Just curious, but what do you do Dennis? I didnt ask for a job from anyone first off. Im not Nazarene, I just went to school there. Guaranteed Ive been more places on Earth than you. Im sure I have more friends around the world. I know Ive caught more fish than you. And im not an old grumpy fart who ***** up peoples posts.

But Im just kiddin around with you and hope that you find your way to the old people home soon. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

OK...I will. Just as soon as I need a Nazarene with a business degree and car rental experience. After all, this is the time of year for Nazarenes, is it not? I can see him now, standing by the off-ramp with a sign saying, Pascuale Of Nazereth. Will Work For Food. No Loaves Or Fish Accepted.

Just havin' fun with you Ethan. I hope you realize that. Keep asking here for what you're looking for and it will eventually come up. Good luck.

:lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by Hose A]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 02:32 PM

SDGE is hiring linemen. Union, high pay. Job security. Chance to work outdoors. Good place to work.
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 02:58 PM
observant

Quote:
Originally posted by pascuale
Just curious, but what do you do Dennis?
Quote:
Originally :

ciao ... think of this site as a virtual 'old-folks' home and you'd be not far wrong.
Occasionally you'll be able to glean some handy baja info, but you're on the right track. All the best
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 03:14 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Dennis,
I just learned on the "Hijack" thread that Jeezus is dead. :wow:

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 03:53 PM

The Border Patrol! Good pay! Benefits! And you get to drive all over the boonies on the clock in a company rig. :D:
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 03:54 PM

Pasucuale, what about becoming a firefighter. Great outdoor work and sometimes really hot indoor work too! You will have to go back to school, but the JC classes you will need and the fire academy work will be easier with your previous education under your belt. That's what I did. I got my Econ degree at Cal and decided to go in another direction. Glad I made the choice I did. And your BA comes in handy when you want to promote.
It was a great run at the City and I got a lot of enjoyment helping people in their hours of need. They are really glad to see you coming. You earn a decent wage and the retirement system is wonderful. Oh, and the work schedule allows for lots of time off and associated trips to Baja.
Here I am 55 years young and already retired in Baja almost three years. You can't beat that.
I'm proud of what I did and it was fun. I highly recommend it. Good luck.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Just curious, but what do you do Dennis? I didnt ask for a job from anyone first off
Yes, you did. You came here for a response to your request for a job.
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 04:44 PM
I Second EL JEFE

The Fire Service can provide good pay, good benifits, and lots of time off. I spent 37 years with NLVFD. Worked about 80 to 90 24 hour shifts a year. Several years I spent more days than that fishing, hunting, and relaxing in Kino Bay. Heard once a Firefighter Paramedic was the most respected career in this country. Good luck.:cool:

[Edited on 12-10-2007 by Sonora Wind]
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 05:00 PM
Education is the key

Several years ago I set up our recruitment testing. We stopped accepting applcations at 6000. We rented a convention hall and tested 2000 every two hours. No one with less than 96% got a opportunity to take the physical agility test. We only hired 4. Three were experienced Firefighters from other Departments. Comptition is very tought for these high paying, highly skilled jobs. BUT IT'S WORTH IT:yes::yes::yes::cool:

[Edited on 12-11-2007 by Sonora Wind]
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 05:13 PM

Sonora and the other FF's speak the truth. The pay in Las Vegas for FF's is great, the benefits are great, the respect for your job is off the chart.

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 05:19 PM

marry a rich chick, and you won't have to be a fire fighter for 20 years before going on the dole.
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 05:46 PM
Being a FF for 20years is not something you have to

If your very very lucky ( IT'S SOMETHING YOU GET TO DO ) Uncle Sam would love to get his hands on well funded well invested PERS retirement accounts in this country.:cool:
mexicoman6969

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 06:35 PM

I bought my TimeShare in Cabo from youg a fellow in his twenties. He did alright. Believe thery make 10% of the seeling pirce. Had a nice Senorita girlfriend who lived with him. She worked as a waitress in Cabo. Just an idea.
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mexicoman6969
I bought my TimeShare in Cabo from youg a fellow in his twenties. He did alright. Believe thery make 10% of the seeling pirce. Had a nice Senorita girlfriend who lived with him. She worked as a waitress in Cabo. Just an idea.
I have a friend in Vegas and his lady friend sells TS in Vegas. She does 6 figures +. Good Idea;D:yes::smug::cool:
gibson
Banned

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:41 PM
what?

Quote:
Quote:
Just curious, but what do you do Dennis? I didnt ask for a job from anyone first off
Yes, you did. You came here for a response to your request for a job.

"job ideas" sir. He asked for job ideas! go get some fresh air.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gibson
sir

Good boy. Never forget to respect your elders.
pascuale
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2007 at 10:57 PM

FF, Time share, Dennis's handyman?

Keep em comin. I like the sound of time share sales alot. Im pretty good at finding common ground with most people and can talk to anyone for a while. I think id be good at sales. I couldnt live away from the beach because im a fishing fanatic.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.