Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Flying to Baja
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 05:33 PM

Von, could not have said it better. I will repeat, Mike, Buck, Sheet.....will fly with you anytime. Can you come and pick me up? Von, wanna go! We'll have the Baja experience of a life time!:D
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 05:41 PM

mike flew me to la paz and back on thanksgiving day!!!

totally professional:saint::saint:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 06:06 PM

Lancairdriver, you seem like a sensible guy if I judge you by your posts in the past.

Help us see who you and the other pilots really are. What, if I choose, as my board handle, Big Swimming Pool owner, or Big House Owner, or Really Tricked out SUV owner/driver/painter racer I'm badder, better than you are guy. Are you following me so far? Lancairdriver? Is that you? Who will you be when you sell the Lancair and buy a Cessna? Cessnadriver? Big expensive Cessna driver? Maybe later, "I'm rich and better than you other people who are Volkswagon drivers"
cabobaja
Nomad

Mood: Smiling

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 06:37 PM

Von, could not agree with you more. July I drove 12 hours from Elias Calles to fish with Juan and enjoy his and Shari's hospitality. I would rather fly with Mike, Buck or Skeet and save 9 hours. If one of them will will fly here and pick me up, do you want to come with us?:D
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 06:56 PM

A blurb from this link explains what a coatlallope is. Watch out "no one who treads on snakes"!

http://www.catholic.org/about/guadalupe.php

"Call me and call my image Santa Maria de Guadalupe".
It's believed that the word Guadalupe was actually a Spanish mis-translation of the local Aztec dialect. The word that Mary probably used was Coatlallope which means "one who treads on snakes"! Within six years of this apparition, six million Aztecs had converted to Catholicism. The tilma shows Mary as the God-bearer - she is pregnant with her Divine Son. Since the time the tilma was first impressed with a picture of the Mother of God, it has been subject to a variety of environmental hazards including smoke from fires and candles, water from floods and torrential downpours and, in 1921, a bomb which was planted by anti-clerical forces on an altar under it. There was also a cast-iron cross next to the tilma and when the bomb exploded, the cross was twisted out of shape, the marble altar rail was heavily damaged and the tilma was...untouched! Indeed, no one was injured in the Church despite the damage that occurred to a large part of the altar structure.
Coatlallope
Banned

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 07:50 PM

Boy, these threads sure do go South in a hurry.
:lol:
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Lancairdriver, you seem like a sensible guy if I judge you by your posts in the past.

Help us see who you and the other pilots really are. What, if I choose, as my board handle, Big Swimming Pool owner, or Big House Owner, or Really Tricked out SUV owner/driver/painter racer I'm badder, better than you are guy. Are you following me so far? Lancairdriver? Is that you? Who will you be when you sell the Lancair and buy a Cessna? Cessnadriver? Big expensive Cessna driver? Maybe later, "I'm rich and better than you other people who are Volkswagon drivers"

A lot of pilots remember an airplane before a name or face. ie;"Oh yeah- you were the guy flying the 182 at Serenidad." Thus the handle LancairDriver, OK?(Incidently, there are a lot of airplanes flown to Baja that are a lot more expensive than a Lancair. I see a lot of handles here identifying off roaders, as well as pictures of really tricked out obviously expensive rigs, so I'm not in a peeing contest for who has the most bucks or what you may choose to spend it on. Like most Nomads, I'm mainly interested in what is happening in Baja and enjoy the wealth of information people such as David K and many others have to generously and with class, offer to those of us who haven't had the time or opportunity to spend nearly enough time in Baja. I am disappointed to see a thread that has the beginnings of an honest request for information or contribution turning into a name-calling diatribe that adds nothing.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 09:50 PM
A lot of wisdom for a Junior Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
Quote:

A lot of pilots remember an airplane before a name or face. ie;"Oh yeah- you were the guy flying the 182 at Serenidad." Thus the handle LancairDriver, OK?(Incidently, there are a lot of airplanes flown to Baja that are a lot more expensive than a Lancair. I see a lot of handles here identifying off roaders, as well as pictures of really tricked out obviously expensive rigs, so I'm not in a ******* contest for who has the most bucks or what you may choose to spend it on. Like most Nomads, I'm mainly interested in what is happening in Baja and enjoy the wealth of information people such as David K and many others have to generously and with class, offer to those of us who haven't had the time or opportunity to spend nearly enough time in Baja. I am disappointed to see a thread that has the beginnings of an honest request for information or contribution turning into a name-calling diatribe that adds nothing.

You are so correct,
I have tried to stay out of this after it took such a nasty turn.
I guess there is some envy out there toward those of us who chose to fly.
Certainly my handle relates to the tire brand we ran on our competition truck,
I could just as easily have called myself "Cutlassdriver" since I flew a Cessna retractable for years- IFR and all.
My daughter could have been called "LadyUnitedJetDriver" and I guess that would have been too pretentious.
Ah me,

Back to the track,

Fishbuck, come on up to Oakdale, pick me up and let's go fly the Baja.
If Skeets wants to come along I will pay his share.....

Now can we cool it?
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 10:43 PM

Quote:

Geeze it must be that time of month or something.

I think Osprey is misinterpreting what a Lancair is; I know a couple of guys who built Lancairs in their garages since they were EXPERIMENTAL planes and very inexpensive if you built it yourself.

Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2008 at 10:50 PM

As far as I'm concerned the FAA keeps pretty bad records and besides, I would trust Skeet over the FAA on anything.

Why, because Skeet is the "real deal" and the FAA is a bunch of brainless clerks, as are some new members on this board.

Part 91? part 121? CFI charging for instruction not legal in Mexico? Not legal....not legal.....come on dude work on getting a life.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 05:49 AM

great story skeet...

it's really scary how you can look up owners of planes by the faa number and actually get an address:o

you'd think there would be stalking laws that apply here like car plates:o

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 09:03 AM
so right LancairDriver

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
How in the hell does a simple offer for an airplane ride to share fuel expenses degenerate into name-calling, personal attacks on so many individuals?
To bad this discussion doesn't take place in some bar in Baja where it could be continued outside. On second thought, without the safety of hiding behind the keyboard, the discussion would undoubtedly be more civil.

so much for nomads helping nomads. this site is full of nitwits. compare it to the BBP for instance. if people there attacked like they do here just for their own bemusement Jack would simply ban them. nomads is such a worthless joke so much of the time. why are so many vindictive - and what else? jealousy?? the guy was asking to share rides for fun and he gets trashed, Skeet gets trashed, airplanes get trashed.
for those of you who were postive in your INITIAL responses thanks for your maturity. and i am 1st to admit that i went negative but not before being provoked.

baja is 1st and foremost to me a PILOT'S paradise and has a long history to prove it. those who hate little planes and are jealous of those who love and use them can continue to drive for days to get there. i'll continue to enjoy my time machine and always have seats for those who wish to share the adventure.:biggrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 09:05 AM

Capt Mike... well said my friend!
Bob H
oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 09:09 AM

Just like one big campfire.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 10:48 AM

Thanks Capt Mike...

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 11:02 AM

Our misfortune is another mans' joy.

Yes mike it's a sad state of affairs when your misfortune is greeted here with contempt and malice. Lieing and spreading mierda for their own personal satisfaction.
There was a day when a civil air resided here. Now I find myself being hammered by mean spirited people.

That does not mean that some very decent and kind people don't reside here. In fact we've been fortunate to get assistance and important knowledge from a couple of Mulege area residents.

They owe us nothing yet they have been much more helpful than those charged with our affairs down in Baja. You might be surprised who it is.

From my wife, my children and myself, a huge thank you of appreciation.

The conundrum now I face; should I refrain from the regular beatings or hang in there knowing there are good people here with good intentions?

The joke may be on us for loving a place so tenuous. It's humbling at the least. Just getting tired of salt poured into our wounds. I feel remiss sharing any personal or semi-personal information these days.

I really miss Gene. He really helped control the vermin.

Please please please try to love thy neighbor. Can you?

Reply not necessary, I don't see the humor.

Bueno suerte mi amigos.

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-3-2008 at 02:16 PM

Sharksbaja, "Viva Mulege"!:)
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 10:05 AM
Just for the Record!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Coatlallope
As I was reading through this thread, a number of things people said caught my eye as just being downright BS. First of all for Skeeter, who said he had more than 2,000 hours flying in Mexico. That was really interesting. Even in an old and slow taildragger that does 100MPH, that adds up to over 200,000 miles -- just in Mexico. That's a lot of miles, too many to possibly be true. Over the 40-years you claim to have been flying, you would have to have done about 5 roundtrips per year. Every year for 40 years. So, I took the liberty of looking you up. You signed a lot of your posts "Skeeter Haggerton". The FAA pilot database only has one Haggerton who is 77. Unfortunately, the FAA says you do not have a current medical, as you say you do. The last one you had was issued in the year 2000. You also only have a single-engine land license. No IFR, no commerical ratings, no instructors ratings. 6,000 hours on a private ASEL rating? The last straw is that you say you have been flying in Baja since 1967. The FAA says they didn't give you a license until 1972 I was looking through my old Log Book and Found my Original Pilots Certificate #1707067 issued 08-11--66 received at Po Box 467 Bishop Calif. part 91. Part 91 are the general operating and flignt rules. Airlines operate mainly under Part 121.

The other part about a private pilot sharing expenses was just about correct, as long as you are operating in US airspace. Has anybody checked what the Mexican Aviation Regulations say about a private pilot collecting money from his passengers for their share of the operating costs for operating in Mexico? The FAR's do not apply in Mexico. It just so happens that Mexico is a signatory to the ICAO, so it recognizes your US pilot's license as valid, as well as your US airworthiness certificate for the aircraft.

As for Fishbuck, to be legal to go to Mexico and pay your instructor to sit with you, which makes it a commerical flight, you need a written permit five days in advance of the flight from DF. And yes, I know nobody does it.

Os
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 10:09 AM

I mixed up the Quote:

Found my original Certificate #1707067 issued 08-11-66 mailed to and received at P.O. BoX 467 Bishop, Calif.

Please send my $10,000 To my present Address> Otherwise I shall see you in Court.

Skeet/Loreto
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 9-9-2008 at 10:17 AM

Atta Boy Skeets! Give em hell! :)

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.