Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  6
Author: Subject: SOLD!!! Bahia de los Angeles House for Sale/$54,900
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2010 at 09:32 PM
Larry-still for sale?

Hey Larry & Lois

Place still for sale? We will be going down in April and hope to see you then. How is everything going?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-6-2010 at 10:23 AM

hell - i should join you.
would be fun if just to get away.
might do the April Sams trip too.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 08:50 AM

Price reduced again, I realy need to sell this place, and at this price it should go quickly. There is a new plastic water tank, new paint, landscaping on the water front, and a new metal roof on the front guest house.
The air strip has been closed so no fly in oportunities here anymore.
For more photos check this site out:http://members.cox.net/bahiabaja/index.htm
Happy to show it to any interested parties.
Larry
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 09:28 AM

Too bad on the air strip.... No more pilots there or the hassle of flying into Mexico or fear of plane theft too great, perhaps?

A couple images looking south and one looking north (the group of houses at the bottom is Camp Gecko):

[Edited on 3-16-2011 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 09:59 AM

probably no one wants to eat the DGAC/fed's annual licensing fee.
not to mention the cost to maintain.
from my last pass over i would not attempt to land there.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 11:15 AM

Tnx for the great pics.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 01:35 PM
Questions

I am having trouble visualizing your exact location. Can you describe where you are in relationship to Camp Daggett's? Do you have a septic system? Approximately how far is the house from water's edge? What direction does the main house deck (above the garage door) face? Thanks Ron
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor
I am having trouble visualizing your exact location. Can you describe where you are in relationship to Camp Daggett's? Do you have a septic system? Approximately how far is the house from water's edge? What direction does the main house deck (above the garage door) face? Thanks Ron

I posted three satellite images plus mentioned the houses in the first image at the bottom were Camp Gecko...

This is at the far south end of the bay where the beach curves at the bottom end. This is in the property of the late Captain Francisco Muņoz... Baja's most famous pilot... who built that runway for when the winds were too strong at the one in town, as a backup for his passenger air service in the 1960's. Erle Stanley Gardner wrote much about him in several of his books in the 1960's.

The bottom left corner of the bay.

[Edited on 3-16-2011 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by absinvestor

Ron
As david said this house is at the south end of the bay. Probably 5 miles on the other side of town from Daggetts. One of the advantages of down here is that the lot sizes are generally larger. This house has about 50 meters of beach front and sits about 25 meters from the waters edge at high tide. Another advantage is we don't get the severe west winds down here as much as they do north of town. The main house faces north east. Yes there is a septic system, and real flush toilets just like the rich people have. ;)
If you have access to Google earth, the lat and lon are: N 28/53/41.67 and W 113/31/37.17 If you put the cursor at those co-ordnates the cursor will be on the house.
You can see the proximity of the air strip, beach and how close the neighbors are.

Hope this helps
Larry
PS David, thanks for posting the google shots.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 03:19 PM

Thanks David and Larry. To Larry- I am stuck in Seattle helping get a 92 year old aunt sell her house and get settled into a long term retirement facility. I hope to be in your area in a month or so. I will u2u ahead to make sure the house is still available but if it is I travel in a 32ft motorhome and I tow a car. Is the road to the house fairly well marked and is it accessible in the motorhome? (If not, I'll just camp at Daggetts and bring the tow car.) Thanks Ron
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 04:30 PM

Hi Ron,

The 4-5 mile road from town to Larry's house is a 2WD graded road... but as you know, it is Baja... and in a motorhome, that could take you an hour to drive.

Here are three satellite images of Larry's place:

It is about the next road left (east) past Camp Gecko's driveway.

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2011 at 09:37 PM

Thanks for the great map and directions. Ron
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 08:39 AM

Ron
The road south from town to my place is a little rocky, and while your motor home would not have a problem, it would be a more comfortable ride in your tow car. Once you get to Bahia, call me on a marine vhf radio, channel 68, "Rancho Pacifico", and I will give you directions or even meet you somewhere and show you the way.
Good luck with your aunt.
Larry
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 10:06 AM

Thanks Larry. I will be in touch. Ron
Bajalover
Nomad

Mood: Strongly - Missing Baja

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 06:21 PM

Ron, Larry: Great place. Is a partnership still on the table? Let me know. Many thanks. Rudi

Sometimes you really do question; why you are and where you are.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2011 at 08:11 PM
Munoz airstrip

Really too bad the runway won't be available. From what I know, it isn't so much as paying the DGAC as it is dealing with the Munoz kin as they don't seem interested in bringing back old times.

If I could get the kin to agree to signing over the runway, I would put in the time and money. Not likely to happen.

What a shame to let such a good airstrip wither away.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 08:09 AM

Rudi
Normally I would advise against partnerships, but if a partnership was going to work it could work here. This place has 2 completely seperate residences. The only thing shared are the utililities, gas, water, and power. No shared bathrooms or anything like that. Full time guard on the premisis and it is right on the water. The annual lease payment is only $1100 a year. I have renters in there now so, if a new buyer wanted to let them stay in one of the places then it would be income property.
Larry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
Really too bad the runway won't be available. From what I know, it isn't so much as paying the DGAC as it is dealing with the Munoz kin as they don't seem interested in bringing back old times.

If I could get the kin to agree to signing over the runway, I would put in the time and money. Not likely to happen.

What a shame to let such a good airstrip wither away.

given that the original land owner died in last few years, how can you be sure the kin will honor leases? are the kin arguing over estate?

doubtful the govt would permit 2 rural airstrips so close to each other. of course, now that both permits have lapsed, the anti-narco military foces should probably plow both strips and get rid of the potential for nefarious activities. whoever owns the strips should get their permits in order or risk losing the strips forever.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2011 at 09:20 PM

Rudi- I lean more towards buying it myself without a partnership but with the two dwellings, who knows? My wife and I are completely retired but we visit my mom in Washington State and our kids in Colorado a couple of times a year so we're not in Mexico for most of May and June or November and December. (We're also looking at a home in the Mulege area.) I will U2U you after looking to let you know whether a partnership might be worth exploring. We currently live in Colorado- what part of the US/Canada do you live? Thanks for asking about a partnership. Ron
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2011 at 01:25 PM

A better shot of the guest house.

[Edited on 4-8-2011 by larryC]
 Pages:  1    3    5  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.