Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: SOLD!!! Bahia de los Angeles House for Sale/$54,900
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2013 at 02:24 PM

OK, I'll probably get by there in a day or 2 and will post some pics. Really windy here now. I am a retired San Diego firefighter so I know what your freind is about to get into. Tell him that all that baloney they give you about how great retirement is, is just that baloney. It is so much better than that. I retired 20 years ago and still haven't figured out how I had time to go to the fire house 10 times a month.:lol:
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2013 at 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
OK, I'll probably get by there in a day or 2 and will post some pics. Really windy here now. I am a retired San Diego firefighter so I know what your freind is about to get into. Tell him that all that baloney they give you about how great retirement is, is just that baloney. It is so much better than that. I retired 20 years ago and still haven't figured out how I had time to go to the fire house 10 times a month.:lol:
Larry
I retired from San Bernardino County 3 years ago after 33+ years. Even as much as I loved the job I haven't missed it for a single second. I am loving retirement. I have friends that haven't transitioned so well. I try to explain to them that they need to show the same dedication and committment to their retirement that they gave to their communities all those years.

Pics of the ramp would be nice but not necessary. I am assuming you launched your boat from it. Pangas are so narrow they typically sit between the trailer tires so they are nice and low. My boat sits over the tires. Took my boat to Gecko one time because Doc told me he had a ramp. Strategically placed stones was a better description :lol: Had to turn around and go to Daggett's and launched at Guiermo's

[Edited on 2-24-2013 by Alan]

In Memory of E-57
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2013 at 09:09 AM

When I retired I still knew for 6 months after I left the job whether I should be working that day or not. Finally I lost track. Like you I enjoyed the job and miss the guys alot but never once have I woken up and wished I was going into the firehouse. I have had a few dreams about it over the years though, usually the dreams are about being on duty, getting a run and not being able to find my turn-outs.
I don't think Abraham has repaired the ramp since you were there, the stones aren't as stretigic anymore. My house is about a kilometer south of Gecko. No wind yet today so maybe I can get a few pics.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2013 at 04:21 PM

Here is a shot of the cement ramp

Here is another shot of the house and the guest house

baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 3-1-2013 at 12:21 PM

Larry one thing you haven't mentioned yet is the fishing on that beach of yours,I'm very familiar with it altho we fished around the mouth of the estro up to your place,its probably the best stretch of beach for fishing at BOLA.

Around the mouth is the best,we caught a few small Roosters,Halibut, Corvina some nice size all kinds of stuff:biggrin: wish I was a bit younger I would take that off your hands in a min.
Rob
This pic is near you place,a good friend hooked up with something,love that beach.

[Edited on 3-1-2013 by baitcast]

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-1-2013 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
I have had a few dreams about it over the years though, usually the dreams are about being on duty, getting a run and not being able to find my turn-outs.

i have the same dreams Larry! WTF?:cool:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-2-2013 at 10:52 AM

You did good Frank... I envy your ability to do this, while still raising the twins... good for you, and enjoy it!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-2-2013 at 11:08 AM

Quote:

Dr.
..... As far as the goat being edgy, I don't know what that means or how to respond to it. What is an edgy goat?
Larry

Larry,
This might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0

Don't believe everything you think....
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 08:44 AM

Baitcast
The fishing has always been good in the southbay of BoLA. The beach you are on is where we walk down to, to catch halibut. Really good fishing certain times of the year.

Woody, In my dreams someone else is looking for their turnouts also, is that you?

Frank
I knew you would get the hang of the retirement stuff pretty quickly. Lois and I just got back from Mexico, Tasco, and Cuernavaca. I thought about trying to look you up but it was such a whirlwind trip that we just didn't have time. Maybe next time.

Ged,
Thanks, I needed that.
Larry

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 06:59 PM

We flew down to Chiapas and went to Palenque (sp?) and then on down to Guatemala border to see another Mayan ruin down there. Awesome, we loved it.
Larry

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Retirement is, well, AWESOME! I can't believe the guys that I worked with that are maxed out on their benefits, keep staying on and losing more benefits and just keep working because their box is their comfort zone..... can't ever get time back!

Gad, this is sooo true.

I concluded long ago that the people who do this at my former place of employment SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. They are too afraid to live life to the fullest; too afraid to seek out new experiences.

So, they will die, earning a few thousand more per month than me.........but never having had the time to do even half the things a person with unlimited time has done.

And when they do retire, they are often too limited, physically, to do fun, active things. They're relegated to cards and Mexican train. What a bore to have that be the highlight of your retirement!

Dont get me wrong; I love playing Texas Hold em and Mexican train. But not as the center of my social life.

Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 07:24 PM

Just interupting to say that I LOVE hearing you guys enjoying your retirements! I'm sure looking forward to being as old as you guys are so I can have fun too!;D
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2013 at 06:35 PM

I only have a few months to go, and you could not keep me working for one extra day. I do not hate my job, but for $1000 or so a month, why??

Oh yeah, good luck on the sale. It looks really nice. Bump
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-5-2013 at 09:16 PM
Larrys pad

If I could sell my place in Punta Banda I would down there in a Heart Beat Thats my favorite Place in Baja.:yes::yes:
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
If I could sell my place in Punta Banda I would down there in a Heart Beat Thats my favorite Place in Baja.:yes::yes:

JP
When I bought the new place down here back in May '08 there were literally people actively looking to buy places and putting money on places sight unseen, so to sell my other place didn't seem to be a problem. I advertised here on Nomad and that same weekend FannieMae and FreddyMac folded up. I feel like I single handedly brought down the economy of the world.:tumble: How many of you can claim that, or want to?
Larry

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 08:32 PM
R.E. market

Know what you speak of I invested in a bad Buisness and went broke. If it wasnt for my R E holding I couldnt have bought a sick chicken a worm. but luckly I was able to cash out and get set up here in Baja. If I dont ever leave here it's ok. but one can still dream cant we.

I did listen to some of what pop told me. He said over and over to ms Dont never Ever Hock your Home.

[Edited on 3-7-2013 by J.P.]
ChcaLca

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 10:56 AM
Still for sale?

I assume it is since it is still posted, but realized that you have had it for sale for some time. My husband and I are looking for a place to buy in BoLA. We were down there a couple of weeks ago and will be back for Labor day weekend. Would love to take a look at this place when we are there (we will be seeing Beach Bob's place in camp Gecko too).
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 01:16 PM

Chcalca
Yes it is still for sale. I have full time renters there now so the place is maintained and everything works. unfortunately I won't be back to the Bay until early October. my place is about half a mile south of Beach bobs. you can walk down and have a look if you want but no one will be there to let you in, cause the renters are up north during that time. Let me know if I can answer any questions.
Larry

JohnMcfrog
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 02:57 PM

I need more houses.
ChcaLca

[*] posted on 7-27-2013 at 07:06 PM
Just read through everything...

Quote:
Chcalca
Yes it is still for sale. I have full time renters there now so the place is maintained and everything works. unfortunately I won't be back to the Bay until early October. my place is about half a mile south of Beach bobs. you can walk down and have a look if you want but no one will be there to let you in, cause the renters are up north during that time. Let me know if I can answer any questions.
Larry

I see you have had lot's of interested people, but no bites yet. Can't believe it.

We have questions about the garage space. My husband likes to tool around and needs space for that and we are wondering about storage for toys other than the boat and truck already there. Are there pics to send of that stuff as well as the inside of the guest house? Also, what is the current lease on the land?
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.