Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Armed car jacking
BajaDove
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 12:08 PM

If you need help on the script the writer's group in La Paz will welcome you.

If its not where it is, its where it isn\'t.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 12:33 PM

If the road is totally blocked by someone other than marked police or military; and if it is not a BAD BAD accident causing the blockage then it is probably someone up to no good. If you have no escape route to either side of the problem you either do a U-Turn if the situation permits and haul butt or as a last resort because they are probably going to rob and kill you anyway if they get you stopped, you engage your vehicle into a high speed battering ram and go for it. They may move their vehicle in time before impact if they see what you are doing or they may not and in that case everyone probably dies. At least you took some of them out before they could get away with murder!

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 12:46 PM

There are wonderful people in Baja and on this board. Thanks Pam and Shari for the real scoop. Knowledge is power and I appreciate the Nomads for sharing their knowledge with us all.

Iflyfish
bajabeachbabe
Nomad

Mood: Loving life

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 03:42 PM
It's happening everywhere

I was shocked to hear about the carjacking south of Loreto, but this happened yesterday in my neighborhood less than 2 miles from my house. People are getting desperate.

Police chase ends in I-5 collision

06:51 PM PST on Saturday, February 14, 2009

By CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News

SEATTLE – A police chase involving a Kirkland carjacking suspect ended Saturday afternoon with a collision on southbound Interstate 5.

The collision blocked all lanes of southbound I-5 in downtown Seattle, which was already clogged by construction. It caused traffic to back up for miles.
Related Content

The incident started a few minutes after noon. Kirkland police say a man in his late 50s or early 60s was sitting in his car at the Totem Lake park- and-ride when a knife-wielding man approached and demanded the car. The victim handed over the keys and the suspect fled.

A Medina police officer saw the stolen blue Jaguar and chased it westbound on SR 520 and then south on I-5.

One report suggests the suspect was driving more than 60 miles an hour through a stretch of I-5 already backed up by traffic and active construction.

Police say a carjacking suspect fled across 520 and onto southbound I-5 before crashing into two vehicles Saturday afternoon in Seattle.

The suspect finally clipped two other cars and came to rest on I-5 north near the Denny Bridge.

Police and medics pulled the suspect out and rushed him to Harborview Medical Center, along with one of the other injured drivers.

The suspect's identity is unclear.

The carjacking victim, who lives in Kirkland, was not injured.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 04:35 PM

One never knows when and where random crime will occur. We should always be paying attention to our surroundings. But in fact, there is no vaccine to totally protect anyone. Anywhere.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
One never knows when and where random crime will occur. We should always be paying attention to our surroundings. But in fact, there is no vaccine to totally protect anyone. Anywhere.

-------Hmmmmmmm(??)-----my .41 magnum goes a long way towards fulfilling that "vaccine"----------at least in the USA. In Mexico, or Canada, well you are on your own. (which is why I seldom go to either place anymore)

Barry
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 05:07 PM

You can add much of the industrialized world to you off-limits list.
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
Police and medics pulled the suspect out and rushed him to Harborview Medical Center

Hmmm..... I'd have let him rot. Odd to hear myself even say that, but . . . . I guess age and a life full of experiences and observations has "changed" me.

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
BajaDove
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 06:01 PM

Carry a gun any where, turn you back, and a criminal has a gun.
You may give a virgin his chance to fire a weapon.

If its not where it is, its where it isn\'t.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDove
Carry a gun any where, turn you back, and a criminal has a gun.
You may give a virgin his chance to fire a weapon.

--------that'il be the day, podner!!!! :spingrin:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 07:12 PM

Take Karate lessons. Then the guy with the gun will laugh himself to death while you strike a pose like a peeed-off chicken.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 08:00 PM

I think it would be rude to shoot a virgin.
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 08:32 PM
found on road

What type of media would we have with the two men in ski masks found shot dead on the highway? Would there be any intrest in finding the bandido?

<martino>:fire:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2009 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by msawin
What type of media would we have with the two men in ski masks found shot dead on the highway? Would there be any intrest in finding the bandido?

<martino>:fire:

Now THAT is/would be a story worth reading. Barry
oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 10:15 AM

This was posted today on Loreto Trip Advisor by "Geo172" from New Mexico. It is her first and only post on that forum.

Hi,

This story is actually about me and my husband, although we haven't posted anyting on the internet ourselves. Many of the details are correct. However, the gunmen's car was going slowly out of Nopolo, so we passed them. They had no license plates and dark-tinted windows, which seems pretty typical for Baja, so we noted it but didn't think anything of it. They trailed us at quite a distance until we got to the steep winding section of the highway, at which time they caught up to us, passed us, and immediately stopped in the road in front of us (at a slight angle to block the other lane a bit). By the time we realized they were coming to a complete stop, our car was much too close to pull around them, and backing up or turning around would have been very difficult on this windy shelf road. I actually thought it was road rage until the passenger got out with a 45 semi-automatic pistol.

Thanks.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oxxo
This was posted today on Loreto Trip Advisor by "Geo172" from New Mexico. It is her first and only post on that forum.

Hi,

This story is actually about me and my husband, although we haven't posted anyting on the internet ourselves. Many of the details are correct. However, the gunmen's car was going slowly out of Nopolo, so we passed them. They had no license plates and dark-tinted windows, which seems pretty typical for Baja, so we noted it but didn't think anything of it. They trailed us at quite a distance until we got to the steep winding section of the highway, at which time they caught up to us, passed us, and immediately stopped in the road in front of us (at a slight angle to block the other lane a bit). By the time we realized they were coming to a complete stop, our car was much too close to pull around them, and backing up or turning around would have been very difficult on this windy shelf road. I actually thought it was road rage until the passenger got out with a 45 semi-automatic pistol.

Thanks.

And what happened next???
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 10:54 AM

They must have returned to New Mexico. How?

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 04:31 PM

Perhaps an elderly couple driving a U-HAUL truck gave them a ride north....
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2009 at 04:53 PM

Just an additional odd entry to what has been an odd thread. One would only think that if people had lived the experience fleshed out here over many posts, they would really want to tell the world. Unless something very embarrassing happened.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.