Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Stolen Truck in East Cape
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
i kind of doubt he "runs the ring." (nukid does have a way with exageration at times) but isn't it the same in every town? you want results, you offer a commission or pay for performance. people offered pay for performance are very good at their jobs.

I'm sure you're right although I doubt part of the procedure is to take it to the World Wide Web. Tact isn't a lost art with Gnu. He admits to using it when he approaches the sweaty, immoral comandante and the pig appreciates it. I doubt he would appreciate being outed on the internet.
That was my only point.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Haha You guys are great, so funny. Way to distract from the real issue...

You make an accurate illustration of whats wrong with the American spirit. We laugh hard at you guys too you know. We laugh at the failed American spirit, the silly dolts who blame each other and fail to see their enemies for who they are.

Do you think the bankers are working to bail you out? Do you think border agents are protecting you? Do you believe Obama is really in charge of anything? Do you really have faith in the Mexico Plan? Do you really believe there is an epidemic of H1N1 flu ripping apart the country? Do you really believe there is a threat from Iraq or Afghanistan?

And you really want to focus your attention on me and not the real issues? What happened to you guys? Where did it go wrong? When did you give up the ability to think for yourselves? When did you begin to follow like sheep lacking the ability to see what it is right and wrong?

There's meds designed for your advanced paranoia, Gnu. You seem to be sinking.

By the way....You refer to Americans as the "you guys." Are you not one of us? I was under the impression that you were. Don't know why....I was just assuming I guess.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 06:51 PM

And just how many years did you live in Mexico.. hint much of your bio is on the internet

Quote:
Originally posted by udowinkler
Quote:
Haha You guys are great, so funny. Way to distract from the real issue...

You make an accurate illustration of whats wrong with the American spirit. We laugh hard at you guys too you know. We laugh at the failed American spirit, the silly dolts who blame each other and fail to see their enemies for who they are.

Do you think the bankers are working to bail you out? Do you think border agents are protecting you? Do you believe Obama is really in charge of anything? Do you really have faith in the Mexico Plan? Do you really believe there is an epidemic of H1N1 flu ripping apart the country? Do you really believe there is a threat from Iraq or Afghanistan?

And you really want to focus your attention on me and not the real issues? What happened to you guys? Where did it go wrong? When did you give up the ability to think for yourselves? When did you begin to follow like sheep lacking the ability to see what it is right and wrong?

I have to defend gnukid on this one.[/]

All of us that have stayed or lived in Mexico for many years, know the power of politics; the power of knowing the right name; the power of knowing the right person; the power of knowing the right drug dealer; the power of knowing the right cartel leader and keeping your mouth shut; and in this case, the power of knowing the right cop! Whether we like it or not, being well connected gets one much more than rants
and raves to the authorities.
Gnukid suggested speaking with the PD commander discreetly. Pehaps taking him to lunch. You can bet you last peso that the PD commander knows who does what in his town.
Here, North of the border, I fraternize with many Mexicans of all walks of life, and I have experienced first hand what connections do for a person. I have also experienced first hand what kidnappings do to a family and how they feel when a loved one's finger or ear is sent to them, and how financially devastating a kidnapping becomes. You can bet my IPHONE has many well connected and encryped names and phone numbers.
Gnukid is not the problem.........you can bet he is well connected. We should be looking at him for guidance.:bounce:

Phew!:P this is as political as you will ever see me on this board.:bounce:{/i]

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by udowinkler]
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 07:13 PM

Your intuition is correct, rts551. After 44 years of driving to and from Baja, I have never lived there for more than 4 weeks at a time, but I have made numerous friends as well as well connected friends on both sides of the border.
Additionally, as many Nomads already know, charity in Baja is well rewarded.
Yes, I know about my internet bio, 551; I'm not a low profile individual. One thing they missed was my time in the TJ & Ensenada jails.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

slimshady
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 11:00 PM

I am taking my truck to LB thid summer to leave at my vacation house. You better believe that I am hooking up a GPS tracker locator on it. For 29.99 a month you can locate your vehicle anywhere in Northe America on a Google Earth map.

Who needs the the police when you can locate your vehicle within 10 feet on Google Earth. Also You can check the location of your ride when you are in the states by just logging on.

Oh ya, the burroes tha took your ride will not even know the ride is baited since it will be will hidden. Just show up with some of your rancher buddies and problem will be solved on scene.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-8-2009 at 11:38 PM

Quote:
One thing they missed was my time in the TJ & Ensenada jails.

I just knew there was something we had in common...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:
One thing they missed was my time in the TJ & Ensenada jails.

I just knew there was something we had in common...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I figgered you'd chime in on that one, compadre!:biggrin::biggrin:

Udo

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by slimshady
I am taking my truck to LB thid summer to leave at my vacation house. You better believe that I am hooking up a GPS tracker locator on it. For 29.99 a month you can locate your vehicle anywhere in Northe America on a Google Earth map.

Who needs the the police when you can locate your vehicle within 10 feet on Google Earth. Also You can check the location of your ride when you are in the states by just logging on.

Oh ya, the burroes tha took your ride will not even know the ride is baited since it will be will hidden. Just show up with some of your rancher buddies and problem will be solved on scene.

Now about these remote locator things: Can you only receive information using these devices or could you transmit information to your truck such as to operate an incendiary device?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Now about these remote locator things: Can you only receive information using these devices or could you transmit information to your truck such as to operate a remote incendiary device?

I think you could do that with a cell phone.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Now about these remote locator things: Can you only receive information using these devices or could you transmit information to your truck such as to operate a remote incendiary device?

I think you could do that with a cell phone.

There you have it. We have the tools to start working on a possible long term remedy to this nonsense. I'm not too familiar with C-4. What would be the next step to make this work?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 09:21 AM

Is it really that hard for any of you to use a club and ignition switch? At a cost of less than $100. It will stop anyone from driving your car away.

Its a far better solution than $360/yr for a gps locator which doesn't help you stop thieves.

Except that 'Dennis, DK and Dave' would prefer to talk about murdering people...? At this point the only crime we know of for certain is the conspiracy to commit murder by the 'D-Gang'. Sad.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Except that 'Dennis, DK and Dave' would prefer to talk about murdering people...? At this point the only crime we know of for certain is the conspiracy to commit murder by the 'D-Gang'. Sad.

You didn't mention me and my idea with the C-4.
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 09:29 AM

I have Revelco ignition disabler, 3 million installed no car thefts.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg

Do you have a link or more info on Revelco???

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 09:37 AM

Quote:

Take your meds. I never said anything about killing anybody.
Are you and your ward buddys still designing a house that locks up like a rat trap when an unauthorized guest breaks in?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg

Do you have a link or more info on Revelco???

Yeah....I'd like to see that as well.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 10:02 AM

http://www.ravelco.com

Udo

Dave
Elite Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 5-9-2009 at 10:34 AM
Maybe gunkid is a mind reader?

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Take your meds. I never said anything about killing anybody.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 11:23 AM

$450??? Think I'll stick to the club.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2009 at 12:36 PM

I think $450.00 is somewhat expensive also. However, when you see a Mexican vehicle with a Club on it, there generally are two Clubs on it. And pehaps even the Club that has a lever to one's brake pedal.
Another alternative is http://www.tirelock.com that carries a variety of tire locking devices. This would be something new in Baja and probably not within the capabilities of a vehicle thief.

Udo

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.