BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: Border Patrol Continues to Hassle Us Pilots!!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
You know full well this is discussion is about the US 4th amendment rights of the individual pilots who have been subjected to aggressive action with guns drawn pointed at the lawful citizens under no suspicion and the question of unlawful search and seizure without 'probable cause'.

hey newkid,
the cbp is in many ways expempt from 4th amend when it comes to inspecting border crossers.
why are you defending cry baby pilots? in this case the pilots are clearly wrong and simply whining due to their false sense of entitlement.

Aha I say, there you have it! You claim that the 4th ammendment rights of the US Law and Constitution are somehow not applicable, only as you see fit in violation of the US Law? Hmmm and your newly assigned targets are these distracting lawful Pilot guys targeted as a great risk to you, while the true thieves are apparently shielded, because why? Puesporquepues?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
You know full well this is discussion is about the US 4th amendment rights of the individual pilots who have been subjected to aggressive action with guns drawn pointed at the lawful citizens under no suspicion and the question of unlawful search and seizure without 'probable cause'.

hey newkid,
the cbp is in many ways expempt from 4th amend when it comes to inspecting border crossers.
why are you defending cry baby pilots? in this case the pilots are clearly wrong and simply whining due to their false sense of entitlement.

Aha I say, there you have it! You claim that the 4th ammendment rights of the US Law and Constitution are somehow not applicable, only as you see fit in violation of the US Law? Hmmm and your newly assigned targets are these distracting lawful Pilot guys targeted as a great risk to you, while the true thieves are apparently shielded, because why? Puesporquepues?

i already told, dude, that i trust neither pilots, cops, firemen or soldiers. all are human, so 1/3 are morally challenged or psychopaths.
why do you maintain they are "lawful pilots?" are you stupid? do you not know human nature? pilots are prone to crime same as car and boat drivers.
airmech
Nomad

Mood: Expeditionary

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 05:36 PM

Ok Goat, now you really have my goat. The current method of stopping pilots that announce their intention to cross the border is ludicrous. It is legal to stop AFTER the inspection and then pick up the "contraband" if that was the intention of the flight. Stopping these announced flights does as much good as stopping cars randomly at a stoplight in San Diego. But it does pee off lawabiding pilots that are supposed to have their mind on the flight ahead and not thinking about the a**hole that was just pointing a gun at them for no reason.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

— George Bernard Shaw
airmech
Nomad

Mood: Expeditionary

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
the bottom line is being "allowed" to leave the country is not REALLY what's happening. you are being tracked in and out of the country. "they" don't want any unknown planes flying over the borders at all hours of the day and night.

you may call it losing freedom. the devil is in the details. when "they" start requiring me to tell "them" when i'm leaving to drive to work i'll understand, but until then piloting a plane is a priveledge (sp?) and i find it within the narrow confines of reality that "they" might want to ask ?'s before you take-off.

Just by writing this its obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. For one, Single engine VFR aircraft can't fly to mexico at night by mexican law not ours. Second, the US border patrol never let us just "freely" cross the border to the US during all hours of day and night as you think. The CBP can "ask questions" of me all they want without guns. You should stay out of the conversation until you get a clue.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to the society. The optimist invents the aeroplane, the pessimist the parachute.

— George Bernard Shaw
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2009 at 10:32 PM

The level of ignorance here warrants a comment on the "cry baby pilots" that apparently has stirred more than a little bit of jealousy.

To mention just a few voluntary services. These "cry babies" donate time and money flying medical and dental help to those who otherwise would have no access to health care in remote locations throughout Baja. They also fly accident victims, provide food and water and supplies in floods such as occurred in Mulege and on the mainland last year. Also search and rescue missions when asked. All of this is done at their own expense which they ask nothing for.

Every private airplane flying into Baja for years has had to file a flight plan with the FAA with their route of flight to Mexico and their intended Mexican port of entry. The Mexicans are notified by the FAA that the airplane is coming and they better show up as scheduled. If not there is some explaining to do.
They are then subject to a search similar to "secondary" at every airport by Mexican authorities.

The Mexicans then require all passengers to buy the tourist permit and file a flight plan, each of which must be purchased. Although the tourist permit is the same as with ground travel and good for 180 days, it must be surrendered upon leaving the country even if you leave the next day. You must buy one each time you enter Mexico. How would the ground travelers like that? Or file a travel plan to each of your destinations?

Every time you stop for fuel or go to a different destination you must pay for another flight plan. At each destination you will be met by Mexican Military, and flight plan and papers will all be checked.

The latest requirement by CBP simply adds another unnecessary step to the process and makes it that much more difficult to fly to Mexico. If the Mexicans think money and guns are being flown into the country then why haven't they found any private planes smuggling since they have always had first shot at inspecting incoming airplanes? Every private airplane has always had to check back into the US under very strict rules and under radar control incoming from Mexico.

I know, I know, the same ilk knocking pilots will still think those elitists deserve all of the harassment that can be mustered.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 12:02 AM
Class E & G Airspace: STILL NOT a Constitutional Right!

Basic reading and comprehension skills aren't your strong suit, eh, plsscan?

Reread my post. I said ''Federal Airways'' -- as in Controlled Airspace --

Take your TROLL attitude back to OT. Your insults and name calling don't belong here.

Quote:
Originally posted by beercan
Your knowledge of "controlled and uncontrolled
airspace" is lacking ---you may fly across this entire country without "permission or any contact with the feds. No inspections as you cross state lines, or permits required.No flight plans are necessary.
Quote:
by leeky
Is there a problem, Officer? Yes, I thought it was my Constitutional Right to fly in Federal Airways
beercan
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy to be in Baja

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 07:32 AM
G.....??? You forgot F , boy !!!

Quote:

e-CFR Data is current as of July 9, 2009 Title 14: Aeronautics and Space PART 71—DESIGNATION OF CLASS A, B, C, D, AND E AIRSPACE AREAS; AIR TRAFFIC SERVICE ROUTES; AND REPORTING POINTS Browse Previous | Browse Next Subparts F–G [Reserved]

* libs, all about choice until you choose different
* B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
* Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
* Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
* Lets win the War on Terror
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
The latest requirement by CBP simply adds another unnecessary step to the process and makes it that much more difficult to fly to Mexico.

how is an inspection "that much more difficult?"
really, you sound like you are still crying. are you collicky?

p.s. i like your self-desried sainthood. wonderful ego you got there

[Edited on 7-11-2009 by mtgoat666]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 04:45 PM
Boo hoo...

Quote:
When I think of those soldiers who are sent to war and have lost their lives fighting for what they believed was the defense of our way of life and the constitution and then you see this guy Lee who would use any distorting tactic imaginable to take away those rights to destroy the US and its citizens, arrogantly for the benefit of a few as opposed to the whole, it really is disgusting and pure evil.

Someone here is delusional. It ain't me.

Me arrogant?

Tell me again why you started the name calling?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 05:35 PM

I said that your comments were "Hypocrite", I think that's pretty weak as charge really.

I asked you to consider that point and your oath to protect the constitution and protect and serve the people, but you have dodged the pertinent questions. Why?
grmpb
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 07:04 PM

great! an online version of pro wrestling! i love it!:P
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2009 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grmpb
great! an online version of pro wrestling! i love it!:P

Yeah, Man..........Lots of step-over toe holding taking place in this thread.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 07:10 AM

Well Said LancairDriver!!

the Goat and others like Lee will never get it - why bother.

i'm gonna go fly for an hour right now. For those that don't enjoy the thrill of private recreational flying... too bad - you're missing out on a level of grand adventure like no other.

And Beercan is right as usual. there is enough uncontrolled airspace across the USA to fly coast to coast and border to border without restrictions except those routinely applicable under part 91 we have to follow no matter what.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 07:53 AM

With all this venom on this peaceful web site, I expect a dead turtle, Ramuna, Olivia and Mike to post shortly.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 08:30 AM
What's to get? Majority of pilots accept New Rules -- old pilots whine a lot and talk about the OLD DAYS

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
the Goat and others like Lee will never get it - why bother.

Maybe YOU don't get it.

It's a known fact nomads don't like rules. That's why nomads like Mexico. Make the rules up as you go.

Maybe nomad + pilot is a bad combination? Fly by the seat of your pants, under radar, answer to no one. Like the old days?

There's a reason airspace is heavily regulated. Go no further than 5-10-20 years to know that.

Until last week, I didn't know that planes leaving US airspace did NOT check in with customs. My first thought was why has it taken so long for that to happen?

Everyone want's tighter borders, less drugs, guns and money coming and going, but nomad pilots want an exemption? Less rules? More rules but leave pilots flying South alone?

I'm missing something here -- I'm sure General Chicken Hawk will have the last word.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 11:33 AM

These cases of CBP within the interior of the US harassing lawful citizens is not about personalities. It is not about guilt by association nor stopping illegal contraband.

The issue that was raised is about the proper use of policing, so please stop making this legal discussion personal or personality based.

[Edited on 7-12-2009 by gnukid]
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 11:43 AM

The next step will be for all land based travelers to check in with CBP before being allowed to drive into Canada or Mexico.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 01:07 PM
I fought the law, and the law won

Quote:
These cases of CBP within the interior of the US harassing lawful citizens is not about personalities.
[Edited on 7-12-2009 by gnukid]

It's clear that there are many here who don't like cops, Mexican and otherwise.

This thread started because a pilot claims being ''hassled'' by CBP. That hasn't been proven and I don't believe that happened.

You are wrong that it isn't about personalities. I'm guessing this pilot had an attitude at the time of the search and the CBP officers saw it. Tsk. Tsk.

I think a cop with an attitude is disrespectful to a civilian -- but it's not unlawful.

Quote:
The issue that was raised is about the proper use of policing, so please stop making this legal discussion personal or personality based.

Allegations of harassment IS a legal issue and since you claim ''proper use of policing'' is the real issue, maybe you can define what ''proper use'' is? You sound like you're an expert on law and CBP search procedures.

'Supp with that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeeters
These two CBP officers had some bogus info on us and they seemed determined to find something in our possession.

So, Skeeters doesn't explain why CBP had ''bogus'' info. He does know they had info -- and that info warranted a search. Sorry about that.

He claims CBP was ''determined to find something..." Looks like thorough police work.

Obviously, nothing was found, Skeeters was free to go an hour later, and there might be a question as to what will happen next time. More searches? More ''bogus'' information?

I could be wrong here. I'm guessing that Skeeters didn't like the CBP officers and that they didn't like him.

Stay tuned.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 09:02 PM
Lee and the others are still clueless!

Lee- You are doing a lot of guessing as to what happened to me that day!! You will never know. So until you have the facts, just shut up.

This is my last post on this thread as it is being taken over by idiots, marooons and TROLLS who are truely clueless.

[Edited on 7-13-2009 by steekers]
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 7-12-2009 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
This is my last post on this thread as it is being taken over by idiots and marooons who are truely clueless.

That's a triple redundancy. Kind of like saying a "dead, lifeless, cadaver."

No soy por ni contra apatía.
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.