Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Mexico Event in San Diego
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 06:33 PM

Mexico Promotional Event
Saturday, November 14, 2009

All Discover Baja members are invited to the Mexico Promotional Event this Saturday, November 14th from 10:30am to 4:00pm. Admission is $5.00 but show your Discover Baja membership card and admission is FREE. Parking is also FREE. The event is at the Liberty Station (former NTC) Conference Center, San Diego. For specific directions and information check out www.themexicoevent.com.

The purpose of this educational show is to provide information to the U.S. consumer and tourist on travel, tourism, business, culture, and real estate in Mexico by bringing together Mexico-based organizations, businesses and government officials with U.S. tourists, buyers, travel & real estate industry professionals, and the media.

In addition to the exhibitors, a series of complimentary 25-minute presentations on tourism, culture, real estate, tours, business, the environment, and more will be offered with question and answer sessions. There will also be entertainment such as traditional Mexican dancers and music. Chances to win raffle drawings for prizes which may include round trip airline tickets, hotel stays, tours, publications are available to all attendees. In addition Tequila Fortaleza has teamed with a local Mexican restaurant/cantina (Cantina Mayahuel) to have a great booth serving both tequila samples and authentic food samplings. Come join in the fun. Don't forget to stop by booth 26---THE DISCOVER BAJA BOOTH and say "hola". See you at the EVENT!

Hugh and Carol

Discover Baja Travel Club
(619) 275-4225
(800) 727-2252
(858) 458-0722 Fax
www.discoverbaja.com

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2009 at 10:31 AM

IT is TODAY... Hope Udo or other Nomads take some photos if I don't make it... !

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2009 at 12:19 PM

Looks great...... Here's the schedule from Ted's link:

Event Agenda - The Mexico Promotional Event

San Diego Presentation Times & Prize List

On November 14th, The Mexico Promotional Event will open it's doors at 10:30am to the general public, travel and real estate industry, and the local media with exhibitors from over 20 Mexican destinations exhibiting and promoting accommodations, tours and activities, real estate, and business services, as well as information on various cities, regions, and states in Mexico.

During the day, we will present six 25-minute seminar presentations with 10 minute question and answer sessions. Plus all attendees will have the opportunity to enter into random drawings for various door prizes to be given out throughout the day.

Complimentary Seminars Presentations
This list will be updated as presenters commit:

11:15am - Baja Sol Television
Your adventure through sand and sea to the soul of Baja California, Mexico - Baja Sol

12:00am - The Next Level of Luxury Living, Cabo Riviera, Los Cabos, Mexico
Where you can Dock Your Boat in Your Own Backyard - Cabo Riviera

12:45pm - Video presentation of Baja California
The Baja California Secretary of Tourism will show and speak about a magnificent video of Baja California's five destinations; Ensenada, Mexicali/San Felipe, Rosarito, Tecate & Tijuana - Baja California Secretary of Tourism

1:30pm - Baja Reality Check by Hugh & Carol Kramer
This presentation will focus on safety and security issues: drug cartel violence, response of Baja officials, measures to ensure a safe trip, importance of insurance, etc. - Discover Baja Travel Club

2:15pm - This is it! MexicoIsHot.com's Investment Strategies in Mexico
Rocky Point is exploding with growth. Discover the exciting developments that are happening in your own backyard. MexicoIsHot.com invites you to explore investing in beachfront property with special guest speaker Brian Buckly from Tri-Core Companies LLC - MexicoIsHot.com

3:00pm - The Mexico You Won't Want To Miss by Author Gil Sperry
- Baja & Mexico; Where to go, what to do, what to eat, and what to listen. - Gil Sperry

Door Prize Giveaways
All attendees can register to enter and possibly win various giveaways during the Mexico Event. Our giveaway prizes include:

Airline Travel
- Two roundtrip airline tickets courtesy of AeroMexico Airlines.

Lodging
- Two-night stay with breakfast courtesy of Las Rocas Resort & Spa.

Books/Publications
- New Baja California Almanac courtesy of Discover Baja Travel Club.
- One-year membership courtesy of Discover Baja Travel Club
- Oasis of Stone donated by Sunbelt Books.
- Baja Legends donated and signed by author Greg Niemann.
- Baja Fever donated and signed by author Greg Niemann.

Dining
- $50 gift certificate courtesy of Cantina Mayahuel Restaurant & Tequila Bar.

[Edited on 11-15-2009 by David K]

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-14-2009 at 12:31 PM

I was just looking at the door prizes...2 nights at La rocas???hmm...wonder if there is a trademark issue here.....Las Rocas in Sta.Rosalia is a rehab center!!!:o

Hope everyone has a good time

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2009 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I was just looking at the door prizes...2 nights at La rocas???hmm...wonder if there is a trademark issue here.....Las Rocas in Sta.Rosalia is a rehab center!!!:o

Hope everyone has a good time

In a certain sense, they both are!:lol:
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 12:33 PM

WE ATTENDED…WE ENJOYED!

MexicoTed deserves a “well done” for the help he provided in the presentation of this Mexico Expo. Unlike the last Expo in Seaport Village on San Diego bay, this Expo was more related to Mexico in general. However, there were many Baja resorts offering discounts as well as free margaritas when one attended their establishment.
Jana, my son, as well as myself were pleasantly surprised of the showing of many mainland hotels, resorts and tours. I had no idea that there was train travel available throughout much of the mainland.
Vehicle insurers were prominent with some front row booths and were busy fielding questions from attendees.
Baja Sol showed a shortened version of their latest video of Baja. It really showed a heavy hand in professional TV production. The editing was superb and can’t wait to see the full length series on TV.
Baja’s Secretary of Tourism, Oscar Escobedo Carignan, offered some glimpses into the future of Baja. His charm and eloquism should keep him elected in that position for years to come.
The most prominent and playful booth was presented by Puerto Peñasco, on the north end of the mainland. There is now a pirate ship replica there, that offeres bay tours, food and beverages included. I had no idea that (Rocky Point) had escalated so much.

The event was held near a retail mall and convention center, and my feeling are that many of the shoppers would have attended this event if a Mariachi band would have been playing in the large outdoor courtyard.

The best legs of the Expo

Our friends from Discover Baja were busy promoting their services as well as the new BAJA ALMANAC

Mexico Ted accompanies us for a FORTALEZA TEQUILA tasting

The pirate ship captain threatens my wife!

My favorite sport in Baja! Holding tequila babies.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 03:58 PM

Thanks Udo for showing the photos... !!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 04:04 PM

Ahhh Udo...you do enjoy life, doncha.
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 04:38 PM

We were there from about 12:30 to 1:15, I think I saw you Udo. We watched the presentation for Cabo Riviera, they have a long way to go and in my opinion, will be catering to the very wealthy only. That's just not me.

Yes, the booths represented mostly mainland destinations, deep mainland. I'm a Baja guy. I love Baja.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 04:38 PM

Hey Udo, any pics of you with Mr. Secretary of Tourism?

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
We were there from about 12:30 to 1:15, I think I saw you Udo. We watched the presentation for Cabo Riviera, they have a long way to go and in my opinion, will be catering to the very wealthy only. That's just not me.

Yes, the booths represented mostly mainland destinations, deep mainland. I'm a Baja guy. I love Baja.

Mexico is a huge country. There are so many places to visit. They obviously have been hurting from a combination of factors. Was just wondering as to where you may have visited other than Baja. I realize that this is a Baja-specific website, but that said, Baja has always been the bastard stepchild of Mexico, for many reasons, and because of that, it's culture remains distinctly different from much of Mexico.
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior

Mexico is a huge country. There are so many places to visit. They obviously have been hurting from a combination of factors. Was just wondering as to where you may have visited other than Baja. I realize that this is a Baja-specific website, but that said,

Baja has always been the bastard stepchild of Mexico, for many reasons, and because of that, it's culture remains distinctly different from much of Mexico.

I work full time as does my wife, and we still have school age children at home, traveling to the Mainland to a high end retreat or all inclusive resort is not on our list and that is what was being pushed at the Mexico event. Honestly, I just really like Baja, besides, it's literally right down the street from us and we have always targeted places that are tailored for a long weekend. We also travel to Canada once a year, that's pretty nice too.

But! One day, I will expand my horizons and travel EVERYWHERE in the world. Greece, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Carribean, like to see the Aztec ruins too.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Baja has always been the bastard stepchild of Mexico

I try to think and rethink, ponder, analize, wonder, imagine, figure out, look at your point of view, put myself in your shoes, among other things and all I can say is I am baffled by your assertion that Baja California is the bastard stepchild of México.
Could you please explain?

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Ahhh Udo...you do enjoy life, doncha.

I enjoy life to the fullest when in Baja, and especially when accompanied by tequilas, Fernando.

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Hey Udo, any pics of you with Mr. Secretary of Tourism?

I am still relishing the ones I got from his last Expo attendance, thanks to you, Fernando!

Udo

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2009 at 09:08 PM

You had no one to help you chase down the big guys? ;D

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Mexico Promotional Event
Saturday, November 14, 2009

...... In addition Tequila Fortaleza has teamed with a local Mexican restaurant/cantina (Cantina Mayahuel) to have a great booth serving both tequila samples and authentic food samplings.....

This is a very good restaurant. They have a good selection of Tequila's and are known for their Mole. Call ahead as they only serve Mole a couple of days per week.

They are at the corner of 30th and Adams in San Diego.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
Baja has always been the bastard stepchild of Mexico

I try to think and rethink, ponder, analize, wonder, imagine, figure out, look at your point of view, put myself in your shoes, among other things and all I can say is I am baffled by your assertion that Baja California is the bastard stepchild of México.
Could you please explain?

I am going to bet it is because until recent years, Baja California has been greatly ignored by Mexico City. Progress was slow to come... a highway wasn't completed until the end of 1973, etc.

When the Americans occupied the peninsula during the Mexican War, books mentioned many locals were looking forward to the change... When we decided to turn it back over to Mexico, many down there decided to come to Alta California fearing for their lives or wishing to become Americans.

A few years later, William Walker and his band of volunteers invaded the peninsula and set up a 'Republic of Lower California'... That failed when he tried to invade Sonora and add it as a second state to the republic. Baja California has been a distant frontier from the heart of Mexico.

Face it, Baja California is almost an island and being seperated from the mainland has created the isolation from D.F.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 12:09 PM

Oh, thanks, sounds logical.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2009 at 01:18 PM

I sent a U2U to Ferna explaining my thoughts. Basically, David nailed it. Even better than I did. Thanks. Obviously no disrepect intended. Just more of a historical perspective.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.