Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Age when you decided to make the plunge
irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 12:57 AM

I was 29. We agreed to come and try it for 1 year. Run this business and see we we liked it. Did not speak spanish and lived here without my husband for 3 months. Did not know anyone. no phone, no tv and pretty much not to many groceries. My kids were 3,5,and 7. Took them to school and the nuns asked for something everyday.; I did not understand what she wanted and kept telling her my husband who is Mexican would be here in 2 weeks. Like most Mexican he was late. After the 1st year was up we then agreed to stay another 10 years and then go back. Well it will be 29 years now. We have nothing in the States no home this is it.
It has been a great trip. Have meant many people from all over the world really few jerks in all the years. I was welcomed by the local people with open arms and still em. I would drive inthe states to work 50 miles each way. For the last 29 years I have had to walk at least 100 feet to work. Each way. It was a little hard at first. No friends No family. Now I have great freinds and many feel like family to me. Part of our grandchildren are being raise here it is a good thing . The rest live in the United States. @ of our kids live here. Of course all speak both english and spanish now.
The only thing I miss is the old days when the baja and our town had less people. It was pretty nice then.
good luck to the new ones coming to baja You will love it.

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
duke62
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 01:31 AM

Hmmm, to get this back on topic. I knew in my late twenties to thirties, when I was camping on my friend's lot in Baja, this would be where I would end up. Reading and re-reading my dad's Baja travel books (Cliff Cross), which he made me read as the "Navigator," on our own travels when I was young, and which I loved, unlike my other brothers, made me realize: I was a Baja Nomad from birth.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-13-2010 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by duke62
Hmmm, to get this back on topic. I knew in my late twenties to thirties, when I was camping on my friend's lot in Baja, this would be where I would end up. Reading and re-reading my dad's Baja travel books (Cliff Cross), which he made me read as the "Navigator," on our own travels when I was young, and which I loved, unlike my other brothers, made me realize: I was a Baja Nomad from birth.

well, sure glad you got it back on topic

Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.