BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Pork Ribs - My Rib Photo's Added!!
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H

I cooked them for a total of 2-1/2 hours in the oven before transferring them to the Weber BBQ. (Instead of just 2-hrs)

Just off the GRILL!

Bob H

[Edited on 4-17-2010 by Bob H]

How did you keep the foil so clean? :lol::lol:

Bob Durrell
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 09:58 AM

This is the foil that covered the ribs when in the oven. I placed the ribs on the foil cover after smoking them on the Weber.
:spingrin:

[Edited on 11-25-2011 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2011 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by irenemm
If you ever want really good baby back ribs stop here at the Posada Don Diego. We have been serving them for about 15 years.
One of our best sellers. Our own sauce. give us a try sometime. I know you won't be dissapointed. a rack is 140.00 plus tax.
Is posada just down the hill from Santispac? I can't get the picture of it to stay up with out all the advertising to tell
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2011 at 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RichnLinda
Quote:
If you ever want really good baby back ribs stop here at the Posada Don Diego. We have been serving them for about 15 years.
One of our best sellers. Our own sauce. give us a try sometime. I know you won't be dissapointed. a rack is 140.00 plus tax.
Is posada just down the hill from Santispac? I can't get the picture of it to stay up with out all the advertising to tell
I must be thinking of a different area as no one answered.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-26-2011 at 03:13 PM

RichnLinda, You're thinking about the right place. Most of 'em are too caught up in their own itty bitty worlds to respond.:biggrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 12:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:

From 'ontheroadin.com, you can see the Concepcion campos... and Posada is the next one south of Santispac on this map:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 09:14 AM

Wow, We have never stopped at Posada.. GREAT map David!

Still, our favorite is El Coyote.:bounce:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 12:34 PM

Thanks David and cypress for an answer.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2011 at 11:11 PM

Had these ribs again tonight.... WOW.... you gotta try this recipe.
:o:O:biggrin:

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 11:53 PM

Cooking these ribs up again for the NFL playoffs next weekend. Can't wait. This is good stuff man!

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-10-2012 at 07:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I must be thinking of a different area as no one answered.

RichNLinda, you've been lead down the wrong path. Posada Don Diego is in northern Baja, a little north of San Quintin, as I recall. That is IreneMM's hangout, I believe.

DavidK showed a map for Posada Concepcion. Hundreds of miles south.

Oh, and BTW, I STILL think the original KC Masterpiece is the best bottled BBQ sauce I have found, including Sweet Baby James or whatever it's called.

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2012 at 08:17 AM

They look good, but this recipe would be shunned at a BBQ competition.

The ribs are being "boiled" in sticky stuff and then grilled.

However I am sure they are tasty, if you like to taste BBQ sauce, Ketchup and mustard.

So, do the same recipe but make these changes.

1. Only salt and pepper the meat, (Garlic Salt also works great. You can also use a dry rub, but again, I like to taste the meat)
2. Wrap them individually in aluminum foil, tightly so the moaisture wont escape. Either put them in the oven or on indirect heat on your gas grill or on a weber, but you need to maintain a 180 degree temp

3. Cook them for a few hours. You don't want them to "fall off the bone" but you do want to have a slight tug to get the meat off the bone.

4. I like to present them dry and let the hot ribs and ice cold BBQ sauce have a party in your mouth. However, you could, at this point they are done, put them on a grill and mop them with your favorite sauce.

BBQ recipes are like sphincter muscle, everybody has one. And they are good as long as the meat doesn't dry out get tough, however, let the meat speak for itself and offer all of the sweet stuff as an option.

Damn, now I'm hungry for pork, but I am a member of PETA so I need to be careful.

People
Enjoying
Tasty
Animals

[Edited on 1-10-2012 by CortezBlue]
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2012 at 10:01 AM

Some people will like this recipe, and others will not. Everyone to their own taste. I like'm and I don't care what the others think. Until you try'm you don't know what you are talking about. :tumble:

MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 06:46 AM

There are alot of factors that account for eating enjoyment: what you are in the mood for or the chemistry in your mouth (ever have coffee immediately after brushing your teeth with a minty toothpaste?). Ever notice that sometimes a good hot dog at the right time tastes better than a prime rib eye steak at the wrong time? I used to use intense flavored BBQ sauces, then I went to marinating meat overnight in a very richly seasoned and salty marinade, then I discovered rubs. At restaurants, all my adult life I have always ordered my steaks extra rare or blood rare. Lately, I realized that all that stuff alters the taste of meat so much that you forget what meat really tastes like. Now I simply salt and pepper a beef steak and cook it medium rare.

But, I have two racks of baby backs that I am saving for the right time to try this recipe....soon.

[Edited on 2-9-2012 by MitchMan]
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 07:50 AM

Not much of a BBQ sauce user but when I have----Sonny's BBQ's sauce is amazing. Problem is they're in Dallas/Fort Worth. I think you can buy it bottled but have no idea what that does to the flavor. Pretty sure they use honey instead of brown sugar...yum!
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Not much of a BBQ sauce user but when I have----Sonny's BBQ's sauce is amazing. Problem is they're in Dallas/Fort Worth. I think you can buy it bottled but have no idea what that does to the flavor. Pretty sure they use honey instead of brown sugar...yum!

I'm a sweet baby Rays fan from the original in Cicero IL

and buy it in the store now. I like a cold sauce on a hot rib.

I like to cook it without all of the sauce on it so the guest can decide how they want to eat them.

Most times ribs are cooked wet in order to keep them moist, but if you cook them correctly, they can be just as moist without all of the sweet sticky stuff to hide the flavor of the pork

Damn, now you got me hungry

[Edited on 2-9-2012 by CortezBlue]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:24 AM
HAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Some people will like this recipe, and others will not. Everyone to their own taste. I like'm and I don't care what the others think. Until you try'm you don't know what you are talking about. :tumble:

My thoughts exactly.............

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 10:49 AM

I use Sweet Baby Rays.... but that sauce only goes into the juices that are left over when I take them out 0f the oven, mixed in with apple cider viniger. That mix is mopped over the ribs on the grill during the smoking phase. They will be so tender and juicey and literally falling off of the bones at the end.

Made FOUR slabs for Super Bowl Sunday and they fed six hungry people.

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 10:58 AM

Quote:

Made FOUR slabs for Super Bowl Sunday and they fed six hungry people.

That's five people too many :lol:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:10 PM
Where are you located??

Those ribs look great!!!
Quote:
Quote:
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.