Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Opinion desired on Eddies Hideaway, El Cardonal
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-16-2012 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
In the meantime, keep charging ahead in your ignorance, I'm learning more about you. This time, I'm able to verify your modus operandi since I know the subject of your rant pretty well: me. Words of advice: give it up, bud, you aren't nearly as good as you think you are.

Look Stevie. Let us not lose sight of what started all this. You came over here specifically to pick a fight with me. Remember this?

Quote:
Since you have a thing about correcting others' Spanish here, Mengano, I'm sure you'll appreciate the help where needed, right?...

A simple "thanks" will do, Mengano.

Now you are batting your baby blue eyes and acting like you are the victim. It was you who came here just to taunt me. Don't lose sight of that. If things did not work out as you expected, you only have yourself to blame.

Some of us know what the real issue is. We have not forgotten. You were touting Seguro Popular as your free medical care in Mexico. You were asked, point blank, how you, as an American retired from the military with Tri-Care insurance and a pension, could be using up scarce free medical resources designed as a safety net for poor Mexicans.

You were asked twice, as I recall. You never responded. If you want to get back on the high moral ground, you should explain yourself. I am not going to hold my breath waiting for your answer.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2012 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mengano
Quote:
In the meantime, keep charging ahead in your ignorance, I'm learning more about you. This time, I'm able to verify your modus operandi since I know the subject of your rant pretty well: me. Words of advice: give it up, bud, you aren't nearly as good as you think you are.

Look Stevie. Let us not lose sight of what started all this. You came over here specifically to pick a fight with me. Remember this?

Quote:
Since you have a thing about correcting others' Spanish here, Mengano, I'm sure you'll appreciate the help where needed, right?...

A simple "thanks" will do, Mengano.

Now you are batting your baby blue eyes and acting like you are the victim. It was you who came here just to taunt me. Don't lose sight of that. If things did not work out as you expected, you only have yourself to blame.

Some of us know what the real issue is. We have not forgotten. You were touting Seguro Popular as your free medical care in Mexico. You were asked, point blank, how you, as an American retired from the military with Tri-Care insurance and a pension, could be using up scarce free medical resources designed as a safety net for poor Mexicans.

You were asked twice, as I recall. You never responded. If you want to get back on the high moral ground, you should explain yourself. I am not going to hold my breath waiting for your answer.

Ah yes, don't win the dispute, attack the messenger, your modus operandi. Now you're trying to obfuscate the point (your Spanish sucks) with some unrelated thread? But facts are facts and my position on your Spanish abilities was backed by Lencho. But you can't even admit that you committed a single error in your "Spanish." Yet, it is there and easily verifiable by anyone with better Spanish than yours--and, believe me, there are a lot of us (or have you erased that post already, I don't care enough to scroll up and check).

On the personal account, you are right, I don't like you very much--at least, I don't like your many Nomad personas. But I'm not alone, as you no doubt know. You have one of those manners of stating your opinion as if it were fact, indeed, infallible. When someone points out that it isn't always correct (as I did in this thread with regards to your Spanish abilities), you can be counted on to go on the offensive (as you did here) instead of taking the time to do a little research to see if, perhaps, you were wrong. You'd be amazed at how refreshing life can be if you aren't burdened with the silly notion that you can never be wrong. And a side bonus to such admissions of imperfections is that people will like you more.

I can use myself as an example (not about being liked, I know better. About being wrong and how to go about admitting it). For years, I'd listened to a family member tell me how underpaid school teachers in her state are. I mentioned it on a thread on the board and someone challenged that opinion, mentioning some specific dollar amounts a member in his family--who also works as a teacher in the same state--makes and said he didn't think that was small change. I did some research--asking my relative specifics--and had to agree with the person who challenged me that teachers in that particular state are, indeed, well paid. In the process, I also learned something.

Had my name been Mengano (or Jenny what's-her-name, or any of your other banned personas), my reaction would have been to immediately jump all over that Nomad who questioned my assertion. But when you handle it that way, those who know the topic of the dispute see your word for what it is; just a strongly-stated opinion that is right sometimes, and wrong other times. But what most comes across is your unwillingness to admit you were wrong. And that, in turn, brings into question your every statement since I know that if you are wrong, you will never admit it. A word like that isn't worth much, in my unqualified opinion. To take it a notch further, if a person's word is no good, what good are they?

That said, I have also stated here and in other threads that there are things about you that I admire. See, that's what makes people like me difficult. We let ourselves be guided by the facts and can both admire qualities about someone but still hold them accountable when they step out of line.

If you can find examples of where I have done or said something that needs attention called to it, please don't hesitate to point it out. I might even surprise you and say, yes, you're right and I was wrong. It has been known to happen--more times than I'd care to admit.

As for Seguro Popular, it's a Mexican-government-sponsored medical coverage program . If you qualify for it and have use of it, by all means, sign up. If, on the other hand, you don't have use for it, for whatever reasons, don't sign up. What's the dispute? I must have missed it. (See EnsenadaDr's posts for more details if you have any questions. She seems well informed.)

Till our next entanglement, looking forward to it.

PS
Things worked out splendidly. You reacted just as I knew you would, and I thank you for that. This one has pretty much run its course--but you be sure to get in some meaningless "last word," you're so predictable.

There most certainly is but one side to every story: the TRUTH. Variations of it are nothing but lies.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I, personally, would love to see a thread about your, bajatripper, duplicity and however else you f'd up!

My f#ck ups have always been straight-forward, NEVER duplicitous!

There most certainly is but one side to every story: the TRUTH. Variations of it are nothing but lies.
Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 12:43 AM

Hey, Mengano, I may have to reconsider my "this-is-all-I-have-to-say-to-you-on-this-thread" stand. I just noticed we're both within striking distance of making it to the next level of 1,000 posts. Perhaps we should consider giving it some more juice? Your "debate style" is geared for running up the numbers, as our different "join dates" attest to.

[Edited on 1-17-2012 by Bajatripper]

Bajatripper
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2012 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
I am certain you can see straight through me Steve... I am pretty transparent!
One thing I can say is I have never seen duplicity out of you..
Nor mulitple personalities.....

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Soulpatch (49 to go!).

JuanitaYRaul

puzzled.gif posted on 1-29-2012 at 10:58 AM
Thank you Jwylie. Yes we were doing a great job, but sadly, Notorious Eddy destroyed our efforts at rebuilding the Hideaway, and we are no longer
involved.

Quote:
Originally posted by jwylie
The new couple taking care of El Cardonal's hide-a-way are doing a great job. They have the restaurant open and also make excellent bakery items. I believe that Eddie does show up on occasion, but spends most of his time in La Paz.
were

[Edited on 1-29-2012 by JuanitaYRaul]
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-29-2012 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JuanitaYRaul
Thank you Jwylie. Yes we were doing a great job, but sadly, Notorious Eddy destroyed our efforts at rebuilding the Hideaway, and we are no longer involved.

Sorry it did not work out for you. There are some good tidbits of information on BajaNomads, if one can sort through and discard all the misinformation. Had you searched on Eddy here before getting involved with him, it would have probably saved you a lot of trouble.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2012 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
The new couple taking care of El Cardonal's hide-a-way are doing a great job. They have the restaurant open and also make excellent bakery items. I believe that Eddie does show up on occasion, but spends most of his time in La Paz.
were

sorry for you guys about all this, I am sure you put alot of time and effort getting this place back up and running,
Eddie does have alot of priors on doing this to people
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-29-2012 at 01:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
were

JuanitaYRaul, sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you.

I had checked the place off of my list of places to try after willyairstream's experience but I had planned on trying it out after all the good things I had read on the Baja Pony Express about what you had been doing there.

It might be a good idea to post on the BPE and let people know that you are no longer affiliated with the place, it might keep someone from a disappointing trip up there.......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-29-2012 at 02:00 PM

I'm with DT on this one...
was planning a visit in June, but no more!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2012 at 11:52 AM

What happened? Sounds like a good story in the making. Many of us have viewed his prior behavior if only from afar. It is a beautiful area and small pueblito. Not a bad place to beach camp or make a day trip to see! Hope you guys didn't get burned too bad other than just putting in time and energy. Ni modo. Tio
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-30-2012 at 07:49 PM

I hope they have someone to cook, they are still advertising all sorts of wonderful things on the BPE, maybe I'll run up there next week and report back.....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
JuanitaYRaul

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
I hope they have someone to cook, they are still advertising all sorts of wonderful things on the BPE, maybe I'll run up there next week and report back.....dt

Eddy is fully in charge of The Hideaway once again and is the one advertising on the BPE.
baron
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2012 at 07:28 PM

Eddie and I last month at El Cardonal ( if the picture uploads) We had a perfectly wonderful stay. Jill is a great hostess and the chef is talented. They run the restaurant. Eddie is around on weekends but has plans to subdivide and sell homesites to a gated community
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 2-4-2012 at 08:51 AM
TRINADAD rv SUCKS !!

mike who runs the place is a a--hole!!!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.