Pages:  1  ..  4    6  
Author: Subject: Mike Younghusband presentation
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-19-2011 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Recent updates make it 6 seats now available for Mike's Saturday presentation in Mission Valley (San Diego).

:smug:

Hi Doug, add Chris K (my son) to my reservation!:bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2011 at 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Recent updates make it 6 seats now available for Mike's Saturday presentation in Mission Valley (San Diego).

:smug:

Hi Doug, add Chris K (my son) to my reservation!:bounce:

David, it will be nice to see you guys again and meet Chris.

Will you be starting out at the Mariscos German truck on 30th and Grape Street? A buddy of mine and I will be there to eat beforehand. Probably around 4:30 or so...
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 06:41 AM

Quote:
Looking forward to meeting:

(1) Curt63
(2) bajacalifornian
(2) Kasheydog
(3) Brian L
(1) BajaGringo
(2) bajaday
(2) Sancho
(3) rubencastillo
(3) chivatojoe

Remind me if we have already met, otherwise looking forward to it! Drive safe everyone... a chance of rain is predicted.

Me too...:yes:...I'm looking foward to meeting everybody. Don't know if you noticed, David, but i moved up to your neck of the woods as of the first of this month...:bounce:..

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Quote:
Looking forward to meeting:

(1) Curt63
(2) bajacalifornian
(2) Kasheydog
(3) Brian L
(1) BajaGringo
(2) bajaday
(2) Sancho
(3) rubencastillo
(3) chivatojoe

Remind me if we have already met, otherwise looking forward to it! Drive safe everyone... a chance of rain is predicted.

Me too...:yes:...I'm looking foward to meeting everybody. Don't know if you noticed, David, but i moved up to your neck of the woods as of the first of this month...:bounce:..

Let me offer you a FREE sprinkler system check up/ evaluation! u2u me your phone number if you would like or ask for my card at the slide show! Welcome to North County!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 08:12 AM

"Mariscos German truck on 30th and Grape Street"
wow - 4 blocks from me!! Yeah, a great fish taco for 99 cents
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 08:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Let me offer you a FREE sprinkler system check up/ evaluation! u2u me your phone number if you would like or ask for my card at the slide show! Welcome to North County!

David, my phone number is just to the left of this post here buy my name, just in case anyone wants to call me. 619 224 0808...:yes:..BTW I'll have my card available just in case you might want to buy a new or pre-owned LEXUS from me at Lexus Carlsbad...:lol:..:spingrin:..:O

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 07:02 PM

Okay, looking good for tomorrow... and Bob H, that Mariscos might be a great early meal before we drink Pacificos at the Hotel. However, it will be just Chris and I, as Baja Angel is not coming due to a family request for her.

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2011 at 11:37 AM

We have a last minute change, 2 of our party will not be able to come tonight.
We will meet thr taco roach coach at about 430

John m
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2011 at 01:41 PM

I will be leaving for San Diego in about an hour... see you guys there!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 5-21-2011 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
We have a last minute change, 2 of our party will not be able to come tonight.
We will meet thr taco roach coach at about 430

John m

Got it. Thank you. Had another cancellation for 2 as well.

Room for 10 now, in case anyone has the last-minute ability to make it tonight.

6pm; Best Western Seven Seas; Hotel Circle, Mission Valley (San Diego); $5 at the door (to cover room charges); Cash-only specials on beer (bottle or draft) next door at Zack's Bar from 5-8pm.

-
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2011 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Okay, looking good for tomorrow... and Bob H, that Mariscos might be a great early meal before we drink Pacificos at the Hotel. However, it will be just Chris and I, as Baja Angel is not coming due to a family request for her.

Eating an early dinner today at the Mariscos German truck was a lot of fun. Several Nomads arrived and before long we had filled up a nice chunk of the parking lot, some brought their own chairs.

There was a full house for Mike's presentation which was just outstanding! What an amazing trip and his slide show presentation was out of this world. Lots of laughter and jaw dropping stories!

Thank you so much Mike for sharing this wonderful adventure and we all look forward to your book!

Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
David K
Honored Nomad

cool.gif posted on 5-22-2011 at 12:13 AM
Great Event, Great People

Thanks Mike for a really great evening... your first slide show was a success!

The fun began at the Mariscos roach coach on 30th and Grape...

John M & Barbara. These were terrific tacos folks! My son Chris and I each had a garlic shrimp and a marlin taco... both excellent!

Baja Geoff, Curt 63, Bob H

Chris and Chuck (Baja Warrior)

Then we drove to the hotel in Mission Valley for the show:

Mike autographs a photo

The room begins to fill

Baja Geoff of Baja Bound and Doug 'Baja Nomad'

The screen

Solo is the star of the trip and the show

Graham greets Neal and Marian Johns

Barbara and John M with Graham and Neal Johns

Mike is given a gift from Juan and Shari (Bahia Asuncion), delivered by John M and Barbara... the mescal Mike calls Two Buck Chuck.

Mike and Jeff (BajaCalifornian)

TW and Baja Gringo (Ron)

Kashey Dog (Dick), David K, Baja Gringo, TW

Lots more Nomads were there, sorry if we didn't get to talk, and I hope more photos will be posted!

It was a nice evening. I am very glad to have been there.

EDIT: Mike had some killer philosophy that the replies below mentioned and resonated deep with the way he put it... Fear IS the killer of dreams!

[Edited on 5-22-2011 by David K]

AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 12:49 AM

Sorry I couldn't make it...I'm sure it was a very special night and I would have loved to have met Mike, heard his story in person and seen his pictures.

It would also have been great to see old Amigos and Nomads and meet some others from the board.

The look Solo is giving Marian is really something... they must have really made a connection!!! Maybe he was sending her a message to say "hello" to their pooches!

Miguelamo :yes: ;) :tumble:
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 05:57 AM

That was a great evening! Nice to meet Mike finally after walking along side him on his trek to Cabo.

I didn't get to talk to everybody like BobH (sorry), but did have some great conversations with Curt, Oggie, KasheyDog, and JohnM.

Thanks Doug, DavidK, Ted, Geoff and the rest of the folks that put this evening together!

[Edited on 5-22-2011 by BajaWarrior]

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 07:25 AM

Great people, great tacos, great adventure, great storyteller.

Nice to meet several Nomads and other nice folks.

Mike's life philosophy/quote was very profund and I agree.

"Fear is the killer of dreams"

Thanks to everyone that made this evening possible!

No worries
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
Great people, great tacos, great adventure, great storyteller.

Nice to meet several Nomads and other nice folks.

Mike's life philosophy/quote was very profund and I agree.

"Fear is the killer of dreams"

Thanks to everyone that made this evening possible!

Curt, totally agree! Quotes like this from Mike just roll off his tongue as a result of his experience. Can one imagine what his book will be like.... Wow!

It was great meeting you.
Bob H

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 07:54 AM

Thoroughly entertaining - great presentation - Mike can be so funny! Thank you Doug, et al. for making it happen. A special evening.
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 08:04 AM

Mike you did an excellent job with your presenatation and I think Solo worked the crowd before & after the presentation to keep people involved with your topic,LOL. Again, thank you for sharing and giving people a better understanding of what is out there in Baja for them. Keep the travels going and keep your health while doing things you love.

Doug, you did a great job of getting the presentation going and Mike really did a good job covering his topic in a short 2 hour talk filled with laughter and total interest in his issues he encountered while taking on Nature. Take Care and Travel Safe------- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Sublimity
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 08:30 AM

My son and I had been waiting anxiously for Mike's presentation...and he did not disappoint. The pictures were great and his narrative somehow made us feel as though we were there with him! We were so glad to see that Solo took the time out of her "busy" retired life to meet us; she truly is an amazing dog (dog just does not seem fitting, I believe Mike said it best...Angel). We had a long drive to get back home after the presentation and all I could keep thinking about is the six words that Mike said toward the end, "Fear is the killer of dreams". I completely agree with you Curt63! Thanks Mike and everyone who contributed to put this together. It was a pleasure to be is such great company with all the Nomads and what a fine dining experience in the parking lot at 30th and Grape...awesome! Thank you John M. and Barbara for introducing us to such a wonderful place called Baja!
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 10:38 AM

A great evening and so glad that I made the drive up to see it. There was an extremely long line at the border from folks who came to see the big soccer game in Tijuana and as a result I ended up arriving just after Mike started. Really wish I could have gotten there early to have had more time to meet and talk with all the other Nomads. It was a real pleasure to spend time with those I could and I hope I can catch the rest of you at a future event or if you are traveling through San Quintin.

Thanks Doug for helping put on the event and congratulations to Mike and team for a wonderful adventure you shared with us all last night.

Well worth the drive!

Pages:  1  ..  4    6  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.