BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Diane Gibbs (Realty Executives) a Leading Rosarito Realtor charged with $4 Million "Esmeralda del Mar" Fraud
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 04:07 PM

This thread reminds me of Lulu Jacobsen. At one time, among the most successful realtors in Cabo.

But, she was stealing money from escrow accounts and needed to "Ponzi" it by having a continuous stream of new clients seeking to buy.

http://www.gringogazette.com/secure/pdf/gs_v13e17_ebook.pdf

Just seems to me that way too often, Gringos and Gringas who go into business in Mexico display a preverted sense of ethics based upon what they believe is an "anything goes" mentality in Mexico.

Not saying that it's universal, by any means. But those rotten apples that do get caught all seem to share certain similarities.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Just seems to me that way too often, Gringos and Gringas who go into business in Mexico display a preverted sense of ethics based upon what they believe is an "anything goes" mentality in Mexico.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Sharks have no borders. Even Bernie Madoff's friends thought he was da bomb until he blew up.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
CWCD....Credit where credit's due.

OK....was that a Jimmy quote?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
I believe so.

Cool.....I got it from someone who got it from Jimmy, evidently.
Just makes it better.

Thanks.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I believe so.

Just makes it better.

Thanks.

any more of 'em?

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:
Quote:
I believe so.

Just makes it better.

Thanks.

any more of 'em?

Undoubtedly it was Don Jimmy! James Pledger Smith, although he himself acknowledged himself for being a master of plagiarism.
Wooosh, you want more wisdom's by Don Jimmy, read "The Grinning Gargoyle Spills the Beans", his insight into humanity was, well insightful, a classic humorist to say the least.

[Edited on 7-10-2011 by Eli]
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I believe so.

Just makes it better.

Thanks.

any more of 'em?

Undoubtedly it was Don Jimmy! James Pledger Smith, although he himself acknowledged himself for being a master of plagiarism.
Wooosh, you want more wisdom's by Don Jimmy, read "The Grinning Gargoyle Spills the Beans", his insight into humanity was, well insightful, a classic humorist to say the least.

[Edited on 7-10-2011 by Eli]

Thanks. I couldn't get all the book title from the picture. I could tell he was pimping paper though. ;)

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I couldn't get all the book title from the picture. I could tell he was pimping paper though. ;)

:lol::lol: clever :lol::lol:

Hey....I'm not sure that was Jimmy quote. In the context I got it here, it seemed to be spontaneous....in the middle of a heated discussion.

Somebody here want to go through Don Jimmy's manuscript and referrence it?
I'm really busy at the moment.

Did I tell you guys I have a new girlfriend? She's trying her best to reeducate me in the fine art of removing my pants.
I'm trying me best. :yes:
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 06:58 PM

I am sorry to say I don't have the book with me, but I do remember vividly many conversations with him and that it was his favorite reference for real estate agents, whom he got along with famously by the way, just like he did with just about everyone. Even during the short period I worked in a real estate office he would tease me about being a dirt pimp.

Have fun Dennis!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-9-2011 at 09:02 PM

OK......that's enough for me to say, "DIRT PIMP" belongs to Sara's daddy, Don Jimmy.
Again...CWCD. Thanks.

Fun?? Oh...yeah. Forgot what I was doin'. :saint:
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 9-23-2014 at 10:32 PM

From Rosarito Town Crier...

DIANE GIBBS
SEPTEMBER 9, 1947 to SEPTEMBER 15, 2014

In memory of Sylvia "Diane" Gibbs, she left this world on September 15, 2014 after a long battle with Cancer. Her family was at her side at a local hospice in Carlsbad, CA.

She leaves behind her brother, Robb Cloepfil and his wife Connie of Springfield, MO.; Her daughter, Julie Martin of Rosarito, BC and who will continue her real estate business here in Baja; her two sons RC and his wife Dana Bennett with 3 children Victoria Raulston, Brandon Raulston and Jayden Taylor of Hurley, MO and Rod Clark of Ballwin, MO.; 3 granddaughters, Terrah Simpson, Taylor Martin and Lucy Clark,; 3 great grandchildren Marlie O'Niel, Kase Kelly and Pierce Simpson,; 2 nephews Konner and Phillip Cloepfil,; and many adopted sons like Nicolas and Agapo Santos along with many, many great friends here in Baja.

Diane loved Rosarito and built her life here since 1988. She opened her first real estate franchise office with Century 21 in 1990 and started a type-written copy of The Baja Tips for her clients wanting to "settle in Baja." She always felt they needed information in their own language to feel comfortable in their newly adopted home and she sought to bring it to them through seminars and private interviews on legally buying property in a foreign country. For many her name was synonymous with "Gringos" buying and selling property in Baja.

Diane was always promoting Baja. Her ability to bring good press to this area of Baja was uncanny. Dan Rather with CBS News had Bill Whittaker interview Diane and many locals in 2004 for a segment called The American Dream in Mexico. In 2009 The CBS Sunday Morning show with Charles Osgood did a segment with Diane called Moving to Mexico.

Diane was a Founding Member of AMPI (the Mexican National Realty Association) and worked diligently to bring the organization here to set industry standards for brokers, sellers and buyers alike. With that came multiple listings and more cooperation amongst the brokers to show a stronger market and more varied inventory for the buyer. As she helped to nurture the real estate business, she helped many of our current area realtors get their start and training in the industry.

If you bought a home or lot through one of Diane Gibb's real estate offices, she was your friend and your advisor on many things from referrals for Visas & Attorneys, cleaning services, hair dressers, pet groomers, even how to get your mail in Baja. You see, she knew a lot of people, was well liked and respected. She was always a "lady." Her smile, her laughter and her "bling-bling" will be remembered by all who are her friends and associates each time we think of her.

Over the years Diane has been a member of and worked hard fundraising for most of the charities in our local area. She was always first to step up and say "I will help." She promoted events for The Red Cross, Flying Samaritans, La Mision Children's Fund, BECA, Baja Scholarship Foundation, The Rosarito Theater Guild, The Baja Blues Fest and the Miss Peggy Lee Tribute for the Los Angelitos Orphanage that raised over $20,000 dollars for their building fund.

Diane was a member of the Rosarito Christian Church near Primo Tapia.

She never stops caring. Diane has requested that if you are going to make a donation on her behalf, it should go to the Los Angelitos Orphanage at PO Box 430896, San Ysidro, CA 92143. They will be accepting both US and Mexican Checks. (Mexican checks should be made to Los Angelitos Orfanatorio A.C. and also mailed to the US address.)

A "Celebration of Life" to honor Diane and her accomplishments for Rosarito and Baja California will be scheduled and announced soon. If you have photos to contribute, contact Jackie Alameda at ly1949nn@yahoo.com, 1-619-838-8133 or Mex (661) 614-0790.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 07:02 AM

I don't think it is appropriate to put the memoriam in this thread. Maybe start another thread that is neutral and doesn't bring up the iffy past.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 07:04 AM

Why?

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 07:06 AM

because it talks about her being a scam artist and then eulogizes her for being a giving, caring person that helped Baja and its orphanages. I don't think it is respectful, that's all. If you want to say something good, fine. But why would you meld both scam artist and philanthropist in the same thread? Especially if the person is dead. Seems a bit flippant to me.

[Edited on 9-24-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
because it talks about her being a scam artist and then eulogizes her for being a giving, caring person that helped Baja and its orphanages. I don't think it is respectful, that's all. If you want to say something good, fine. But why would you meld both scam artist and philanthropist in the same thread? Especially if the person is dead. Seems a bit flippant to me.

Damn, quite possibly the first of your posts that I agree with.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 08:41 AM

Grudgingly, me too..

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

If she really was a scam artist, then perhaps it is appropriate. We far too often take people to sainthood just because they died.

But if the scam artist part is not for real, then I would agree it is inappropriate.
Zapotec
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 09:10 AM

The scam artist is/was NOT real. It was never proven in a court of law that she defrauded anyone. Diane was a victim herself.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 09:12 AM

well it hasn't been proven up to date. so if there is no proof, let her rest in peace. The header of the thread says one thing, the recent post says another. What is the poster trying to say? That the person was a scam artist or not? It sort of puts that person on the fence, so they don't get accused of going either way.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-24-2014 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zapotec
The scam artist is/was NOT real. It was never proven in a court of law that she defrauded anyone. Diane was a victim herself.

Okay, then I agree.

Personally, one thing about this thread that bothered me was seeing a person for whom I have respect and was banned brought back to the forefront.

[Edited on 9-24-2014 by DianaT]
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.