Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Tucson to Loreto drive time
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-24-2011 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by honda tom
Only stop there for fuel. (El Rosario) ate there once, me and dad... two taco plates, carne asada... two beers, Pacifico... billed over $20 bucs! NEVER AGAIN.:mad:

Where... El Rosario is a town with dozens of restaurants? (of course, my guess is Mama Espinoza's... but her menu has prices listed)

[Edited on 10-24-2011 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2011 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by honda tom
Tucson to border 6 hours. Leave tucson at 4am cross at 11am after eating. 5+ hours to el rosario, and its 4pm. 4 more hours and your in GN between 8 and 9. A long day.... yes, but not a big deal for those of us that love to drive.

I cant sleep the night before a baja trip so I would leave at 3am.

That's if you are flying. I doubt he will he driving that fast with a boat especially given the construction on Baja HWY's.
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2011 at 07:21 PM

Yes David it was Mama Espinosa's. around 1999 or 2000. It was fun to see all the pics and notes from my off road heros from years past, so I dont even know if I looked at the menu. IMO San Quintin has the best street tacos in Baja, so I eat there.... and fuel at Rosario.

I tow my boat through here often, good equipment...... brakes, tires, springs, etc make for a good trip. The boat in question is 19-21 feet, it weighs little, (as far as ocean fishing boats go). He can hang with average passenger car/truck trip times.
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2011 at 07:42 PM

Drive and you will see, I travel Baja pedel to the metal so my drive times are a lot less than slower folks.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 10-25-2011 at 04:52 AM

Got to say i alway's hate to see people driving so fast in baja . We all take the time to go there so why not slow down and enjoy . Also making it safer for others also on the road .

Most of the drivers that think it is a race will someday use up that luck that they have been riding on and find out the real truth . Maybe causing a crash and hurting ,killing others that were just in your speeding way ,:no::no:

Time to grow up and stop endanerging others , take your time to enjoy the view and be safe for others,
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2011 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
Got to say i alway's hate to see people driving so fast in baja . We all take the time to go there so why not slow down and enjoy . Also making it safer for others also on the road .

Most of the drivers that think it is a race will someday use up that luck that they have been riding on and find out the real truth . Maybe causing a crash and hurting ,killing others that were just in your speeding way ,:no::no:

Time to grow up and stop endanerging others , take your time to enjoy the view and be safe for others,

Not sure what your talking about. These travel times are not based on unsafe or fast driving. They're based on not stoping at every town for pictures. If I'm going to Loreto to fish.... my goal is to go to Loreto, then relax while I'm there. What you consider luck may be someone elses common sense, and ability.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2011 at 08:31 AM

Tom, may luck be with you. but recommending an apparent first-timer with a boat average those type of speeds down Mex 1 is irresponsible.

800 miles/14 hours is 57mles per hour which includes 75 MPH speed limit in AZ (55 in Kalifornia) and stops at the border etc. I divide time between Tucson and Pun a Abreojos and know this route well.
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2011 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Tom, may luck be with you. but recommending an apparent first-timer with a boat average those type of speeds down Mex 1 is irresponsible.

800 miles/14 hours is 57mles per hour which includes 75 MPH speed limit in AZ (55 in Kalifornia) and stops at the border etc. I divide time between Tucson and Pun a Abreojos and know this route well.

Actually my travel planned allowed for 16-17 hours (4am to8-9pm) a safe 47-50 mph overall. I would plan on Catavina (if you had your food squared away before) then push on if comfortable.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.