BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Op-Ed: Why are Canadians still flocking to Mexico?
cielo

[*] posted on 1-25-2012 at 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mengano
Quote:
Originally posted by cielo
Clown who likes to argue for the sake of arguing, in my opinion.

Do you have a split personality? Should your name be Cybil, instead of Cielo? Where was your head at when you posted this awhile ago?

Quote:
How can a drug lord restore peace? Do you think the Drug violence will ever end? If so, how? Some Mexicans think that once Calderon is done and if the declared war on the cartels ends that things will go back to how they were before Calderon was elected. The situation is heartbreaking to those of us Americans who love Mexico. I have a home in Cabo and love being there if Cabo turns into Rosarito it can sit there empty for all I care. Having to dodge stray bullets and worry about being kidnapped is not my idea of a relaxing vacation.

I guess it is OK for you to dis Rosarito because you don't have a condo there, but Cabo is off-limits because you are invested there.

What a four-flusher.

You've nailed me! I've been exposed!

I agree with Dennis that it's important to stay informed on the security situation in Mexico so for that I thank you. You see, I have a job and couldn't possibly sit in front of a computer all day googling etc. so it's awesome that you do it for us working folk. Altruism at it's finest.

Many here are so curious on why you do what you do, as I once was. You have your own blog that the very name of is a mockery of this one. You spend many hours of your personal time scouring the internet for stories, articles, and stats that bolster your opinion that Mexico is a garbage can and all Mexicans are inhumane and corrupt. And then there are those creepy expose's you post about nomads who are willing to go head to head with you. Frankly bud, that sh&t is weird. You call out people using there supposed real names and occupations which insinuates that you've taken the time to investigate who they are. Again, creepy/weird. You're either unemployed or are suffering from insomia.

All of this would lead someone to believe that you must have some major beef with Mexico. Maybe you had a family member who was a victim of narco violence? And so now you feel it's your duty to keep all of the sheepish Americans informed about the truth about Mexico and Mexican people.

I don't think so at all. My take is simple. You're just someone who enjoys the banter of a good argument. It's somewhat of a sport for you and it's probably one of a couple things you're good at...and props to you, your a good internet searcher/statistics finder/mexican article translator guy. Best I've ever seen anyway.

You don't post what you do for the cause of altruism. I mean obviously, if you post anti-Mexico stories/articles on a site that was created by and for people who like Mexico an argument will definitely ensue. Which is what you want, you stir the pot just for the sake of stirring the pot.

Hope you find work soon. You're a sharp, witty, resourceful, and articulate guy. Someone will pick you up soon.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2012 at 07:35 PM

Canadians flock to Mexico cuz its awesome!

Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 1-25-2012 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
No, he's just bored or likely under/unemployed. Either way, he has way too much time on his hands (avg. posts 8 per day).

Boy is that a loaded comment. This board has plenty of those. Here are some:

Quote:

Username David K (Send U2U) (Add to Address Book)

That's 5% of ALL posts on the board, FYI

Quote:

Username DENNIS (Send U2U) (Add to Address Book)

if you remove the attention hoars, you would decrease traffic on the board by at least 30%-40%. 'Nuff said.

Gotta include one more comment - can't help myself. Mengano posts a quote WITH HIGHLIGHTS, that happens to mention DavidK, and he thinks it's about him! Classic!

[Edited on 1-26-2012 by Roberto]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 1-25-2012 at 10:57 PM
GHETTOS OF THE WORLD!

TUBARES, SINALOA:O

BARRANQUILLA, COLOMBIA :o

DETROIT, MICHIGAN:bounce:

DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (SUICIDAL TENDENCIES/THE GERMS CONCERT):o:O

LIMA, PERU (AFTER DARK!)

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA! (HALLOWEEN!):lol:

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2012 at 06:55 AM

Shivers up my backbone!
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2012 at 10:57 AM

The real question is this David....

For someone who thinks Mexico is a deadly and evil land....not to be walked on....

Why is he walking around in Mexico last March?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzvhygfXTms

Is this not dangerous to do......Chucky?

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Wondering why someone who 'hates' Mexico so much is on a Baja travel web site to try and 'fear' away travelers to Mexico? Is it a mission you are on to punish the people of Mexico by reducing the tourist dollars coming south? Aren't there Mexico hate forums you would be better received at?

I suppose there are some Baja Nomads who like what you are doing, as they like keeping the peninsula just to themselves... less is best, etc. ? However, there is plenty of Baja for all Nomads to enjoy and bring their friends and family, too. It is God's gift to us, the Baja Peninsula... a magic place.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-26-2012 at 11:02 AM

That cannot be me. Both JoeJustJoe and mtgoat say I'm too scared to go to Mexico. Are you calling them liars?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-26-2012 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi
Shivers up my backbone!

isn't that from a song?

watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2012 at 11:07 AM

Hey Megano, I've only had four flushers happen in Mexico, I think it has something to do with the water pressure in certain areas. Can you run some stats on that for us.:tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-26-2012 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
Originally posted by paranewbi
Shivers up my backbone!

isn't that from a song?

Yep !!! Shakin All Over....covered by the Guess Who (originally Chad Allen and the Expressions) from Winnipeg, my home town :saint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myk75mXY35U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWqnibJckyg

[Edited on 1-26-2012 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.