Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: His, Hers, Yours = Su?
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 07:05 PM
manana

HOLA, all I know is that it means = not today!! and how can I find the the wavey thing?? thanks in advance..K&T:cool:
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 07:10 PM
tilde

Hold down the ALT key and press '1' '6' '4' then let up the ALT key.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 07:16 PM
ummm...me stupid!!

LOL,,THANKS I will keep trying!! hell I dont even write english worth burro!!! LOL .....K & T

[Edited on 8-2-2012 by captkw]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 07:17 PM
I learned this one from Leidys

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Mañana en la mañana ;) = Tomorrow in the morning

When you have fewer words in a language, they must mean multiple things.

A morning will come tomorrow, but if it is morning now, then it must be 'today'!
Buenos Dias, good days... let the good times roll!

Morning = Almanecer

Hence, 'Mañana, temprano" = Tomorrow, early
Mañana, en el almanecer = Tomorrow, in the morning
Un almanecer puede llegar mañana, pero, si hoy es el almanecer, debe seria hoy = A morning will come tomorrow, but if it is morning now, then it must be 'today'.

The problem with visiting pueblos and backcountry spots, is that your better Spanish grammar is not observed nor practiced regularly.

Case in point, I make it a point to eavesdrop on 'Mejicanos' whenever Leidys and I got shopping, to ask if they way something was said is grammatical or not? For example, the Castillian Spanish heard in South America is comparable to the Queen's English heard anywhere outside of the United States.

I consider myself a student and not a master of the Spanish language, so I always ask those raised with the Spanish language for pointers and examine its use in order to make my Spanish more grammatical.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 07:31 PM
HOLA KEN and BN

funny thing for my small mind. Ive been going to mex/baja my whole life..That said Ive heard so many different sayings/terms and local slangs from panama up that I myself like my english have stopped trying to be a expert on talking correctly..BUT,,,I ashure you I can go anywhere in mex and get smiles and conversation!! and ya know what,,, I love speaking spanish..and I may speak it better than my english!! and that my friend,, aint saying much !!!!!thanks...K&T would like to take that Jeep for a alaska run !! PS..manana muy temprano.... is a BIG fisherman solgan

[Edited on 8-2-2012 by captkw]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 07:34 PM

I'd love to take my Jeep up to Alaska for some 1st class summertime exploring, too! My Wife has really helped me along with my Spanish. Its nearly impossible trying to learn Spanish in a sidewalk cafe, ordering Tacos y Champurrada. I think the best way is for someone to help you on a daily basis. After 2-3 yrs., you'll definitely be on your way.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 07:39 PM
ken,,your fast reply

I speak spanish WELL!! but I cant type or write english/spanish worth burro!!one of these Id be a proud BN to share a beer with you and the wifeand look at this RUBY...myself ...gotta gvo DOGS
deportes
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 09:20 PM

As a native Spanish/castellano speaker a lot has to do with the differences and similarities between both forms of Spanish.

http://www.spainexpat.com/spain/information/castillian_spani...

In some countries we mix both forms as we see appropriate for the situation.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
HOLA, all I know is that it means = not today!! and how can I find the the wavey thing?? thanks in advance..K&T:cool:

I see that Ken tried to show you how to make an ñ,

Let me say it differently: With the left hand finger, press and hold down the 'Alt' key at the bottom left. At the same time, using your right hand finger, press on the right keyboard: 1-6-4 then release the Alt key.... ñ If you want a big one, it is 1-6-5 : Ñ

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

deportes
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 09:38 PM

Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 10:39 PM

In Los Barriles, we are looking to get native speakers to teach us how they talk. Remember, most did not go all the way through the education process and may not know all of the verb tenses. However, they know how they talk and I want to know how they do it so I can listen to it. Have any of you been succesful in doing this?

Si estás buscando la person que cambiará su vida, échale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by deportes

I was at a grocery store, and a woman used an incorrect past tense verb form. I was puzzled, and immediately asked my Wife if there was an exception to the rule?? She told me that this woman must have grown up speaking Spanish wrong her entire life.

example: Me hablo por telefono ayer.

The speaker said, "Hablo" instead of "Hable". I told my Wife, "This is why it can be so difficult to learn to speak Spanish - because, you might practice with someone who insists of speaking it incorrectly."

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marinero
In Los Barriles, we are looking to get native speakers to teach us how they talk. Remember, most did not go all the way through the education process and may not know all of the verb tenses. However, they know how they talk and I want to know how they do it so I can listen to it. Have any of you been succesful in doing this?

I have been told repeatedly that Mexico City is where the standard Mexican-Spanish language is spoken correctly. Regional variations exist, but for the standard form, the educated come from or were educated in Districto Federal, or Mexico City.

ecomujeres
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 11:30 PM

Quote:

Morning = Almanecer

Ken: algunas clarificaciones para tí.

Dawn, daybreak = el amanecer (you’ve got an “l” that is extra in the word).

Mañana al amanecer = tomorrow at dawn / early tomorrow / tomorrow when (I, you, etc…) get up.

And a very common question in Baja and beyond, asked of a person as a first greeting: ¿Cómo amaneció (amaneciste)? Literally “how did you wake up?”, but meant more like “How are you this morning?”

And some other info:

por la mañana = in the morning.

Mañana por la mañana = Tomorrow morning

Saludos :-)

http://www.lasecomujeres.org (Bilingual environmental education about Baja California)

Check out: http://www.meloncoyote.org (project of Journalism to Raise Environmental Awareness; a quarterly news bulletin for the Gulf of California Region).
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ecomujeres
Quote:

Morning = Almanecer

Ken: algunas clarificaciones para tí.

Dawn, daybreak = el amanecer (you’ve got an “l” that is extra in the word).

Mañana al amanecer = tomorrow at dawn / early tomorrow / tomorrow when (I, you, etc…) get up.

And a very common question in Baja and beyond, asked of a person as a first greeting: ¿Cómo amaneció (amaneciste)? Literally “how did you wake up?”, but meant more like “How are you this morning?”

And some other info:

por la mañana = in the morning.

Mañana por la mañana = Tomorrow morning

Saludos :-)

Muchas gracias por sus clarificaciones. No he visto una sala de linguaje hasta 1994, y por eso, necesito la ayuda de Profesores para entender las variadades que encuentro diariamente. 1994 - 2012 = 18 years!?! How did this amount of time go so fast??

ecomujeres
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
18 years!?! How did this amount of time go so fast??

No recuerdo. ¿Han pasado 18 años? ¡Híjole! :spingrin:

Y debe ser:

"No he visto una sala de idiomas desde 1994..."

[Edited on 8-2-2012 by ecomujeres]

http://www.lasecomujeres.org (Bilingual environmental education about Baja California)

Check out: http://www.meloncoyote.org (project of Journalism to Raise Environmental Awareness; a quarterly news bulletin for the Gulf of California Region).
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.