Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 02:35 PM

Thanks for the interest wprsly
I have sent you a U2U
Our email address is fordintra@gmail.com
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2013 at 02:55 AM

Another year on .....fourteen years in all .....and once again we are packing up our Italian home in readiness for our return to Mulege in a few weeks time.

Each year now we have such mixed reactions to our dual lifestyle. We love both homes but as we get older we yearn to spend more time with our family. We have little grandchildren that we would like to see at Christmas time as well as Spring holidays. So once again our lovely home is up for sale. So far .....no one has been to look at us .....lots of emails and pictures sent ...... meals  organised but the prospective buyers haven't turned up. Some write from the far ends of the US ....Alaska and the East Coast but tying up getting together has proved difficult.  Whilst other people have wanted to visit when we are not in Mexico ....hopefully this time will be different as we plan to stay longer.

We are selling a solid and well constructed home, built from brick and local stone ......that was built in 1990 and has never suffered from hurricane damage. The only problem that ever happened was when some heavy bougainvillea, in the garden, collapsed its wooden supports .....and actually, we reckon, that its removal has improved our outside dining area enormously. Our outside wall protects our garden from blowing dust, unwanted wildlife, and provides us with the privacy to dress as we please and use our hot tub without being overlooked.

We hear from friends that Loma Azul has a continuous water supply 24/7 now we have the new pump (thanks to Rotary) and we are looking forward to seeing our fruit trees looking even healthier this year. Our irrigation system and water storage tanks have made gardening simple but there have been times in the past when there was an interrupted water supply due to the inadequate and ancient pump. Incredibly, at those times, the garden somehow still managed to survive and we have always had a bumper crop of fruit. We were particularly thrilled when our caretaker managed to raise enough money from our excess mangoes to buy her children their new school and sports shoes. It is good to know that when we are not there our fruit is not going to waste.

The land title situation at local level for residential properties has been clarified and agreed, so we expect to have a clear title by the end of the year - but this is Mexico, and sometimes things do not proceed quite as planned.

email
fordintra@gmail.com
for more info and pictures.

[Edited on 8-30-2013 by cessna821]

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2013 at 04:56 PM

:?::?::?::?:
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:12 PM

Friday 20th and Saturday 21st September

Returning to Mulegé we left the Lucerna Hotel in Tijuana early in the morning. It was a great hotel with comfortable rooms, good food and a friendly helpful staff. We drove to the Scenic Road and headed south. We stopped to do some quick shopping at Walmart and Home Depot in Ensenada and then continued on our journey. The scenery became much greener around San Quintin....it had been fairly dry and dusty until then.

We passed Cirios flowering and Prickly Pear covered in red bulbous fruit.

At San Augustin pools of water were attracting horses and their foals.

We stopped at Cataviña for the night. The Mission Hotel looks better each time we stay as the owners landscape the grounds and improve the accommodation. Ice cold margaritas and great food was enjoyed in the Cantina. We chatted to folk from Lake Tahoe who were heading for Bay of LA. We slept well and left early.

We saw lots of bright red flowering bushes around Cataviña. Both vados in and out of town were full of water. A coach was at a full stop south of town, the driver weighing up the depth before he crossed. Everywhere was lush with greenery. A brindle coloured cow was munching its breakfast on the roadside. So far this journey we have not seen a single RV?

At roadside marker 210 we saw our first RV heading north. Plenty of large trucks were on the road. The poor road surface began there and lasted for ages. Little yellow flowering plants lined up along the roadside. (I've never seen these before). They had upright spikes of buttercup yellow flowers with red stamens protruding while their leaves looked like miniature versions of Acacia leaves. White Horsenettle plants with pretty lilac flowers were everywhere, some small and bushy, whilst others were almost four feet tall. There was a huge pool of water at marker 230 with little birds paddling about in it!

A long ribbon of white mist ran alongside the mountain range. At times....dark peaks rose above the mist rather like mirages. Laguna Chapala glowed white in the distance.

At marker 264 we went onto a new road surface..... Then it finished! And back onto the old stuff again. There was so little traffic that you could drive on the best parts of the road by zig zagging. Then approaching the turn off for Bay of LA the greenery finished.  With 130 k to Guerrero Negro everywhere became greyish green, however the road surface improved and at Punta Prieta scattered areas of greenery began again.

At roadside marker 26 we overtook our first and only RV heading south. At marker 30 a pretty brown donkey had come to eat alongside the road. Flowers became scarce ...a solitary Coastal Agave was flowering  and a single clump of prickly poppy had its white flowers wide open.

At Guerrero Negro we  had the car fumigated for twenty pesos but there was no immigration check. A great breakfast of bacon and eggs was eaten at roadside restaurant Las Cazuelas, large cups of good coffee and they had clean toilets too.

The scenery continued a greenish grey with narrow bright green strips alongside the road.

The north side of Vizcaino was smelly and there was a long section of roadworks on the southern side. We passed the service station with the appalling toilets and didn't need to stop......thank goodness. Twice we ate breakfast at the Malarrimo in GN and just made it to there....the appalling pains overcoming the awful dirty loos. The Las Cazuelas was cheap, friendly and our stomachs remained comfortable.

Just before marker 164 it started to get greener. A group of cows with young calves were taking advantage of the greenery just before the Punta Abreojos turn off. As we had expected, it had grown particularly green by the time we reached San Ignacio and it continued lush green all the way to Mulege.

And yes.....our home is still for sale.

fordintra@gmail.com
for details
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:56 PM

That is exactly what we are planning on planting at the house in BA, Shari. Plus a fig and a pair of avocado trees.

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I love how you remind folks your casa is still on the market....I look at your posts just to see how your garden grows and what you are having for lunch...I wish I had a grapefruit & lime tree!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2013 at 06:27 PM

We returned here a week ago and are now settled back into our Mulege home. Everything is just fine in the house and the garden has bloomed well while we've been gone. Our friends picked our flowers, ate our mangoes, figs and some coconuts, and finished up the vegetables that I had planted last year. I also discovered that they had twenty bunches of pistachios this year, though the nuts were not very large.

For us, the citrus trees produce lots of lovely fruit while we are here. The Key Limes are ready and falling off the tree. The Ruby Red Grapefruit and Valencia Orange trees are covered in fruit and amazingly we have three large pomelos which will be huge by Christmas. I read that they can each reach twenty pounds of weight.

I quickly planted flower and vegetable seeds and already we have Swiss Chard, Ace tomato, Radishes and Marigolds through. The pink Frangipani tree is just beginning to flower .....usually we only see the tail end of its blossoms. Our irrigation system is working really well.

We hung out the hummingbird feeders and very quickly word got around and we already have lots of Hummers squabbling over the sugar water. Just three different sorts, at the moment ......chubby little Costa's with their purple heads, middling-sized red headed Ana's and elegant Xantus.

.......and yes we are still for sale.......

fordintra@gmail.com

[Edited on 9-29-2013 by cessna821]
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2013 at 06:29 PM

Another lovely day in Loma Azul. The day is closing in as I write and the clouds crossing over us from Tropical storm Raymond are lit up glorious shades of pink, violet and orange. Still no rain though!

I have planted a goodly selection of vegetables again this year....tomatoes, lettuce, swiss chard, radishes, spinach and an assortment of herbs. The courgette plants have lots of flower buds already and we have begun eating the radishes.  The first lettuce seeds that I planted came to nothing but now ...at last I have some small plants.

The Plumeria by the bedroom was beautiful so I have hopefully transplanted a cutting to the front terrace garden. Marigolds, Cosmos and nasturtiums are growing here, there and everywhere. A variety of different coloured Bougainvillea and Lantana are flowering amongst the fruit trees. We had all the palms cleaned by one of our neighbours and we shared the coconuts with him.

Our Pomelos are growing bigger and heavier and we had to make a hammock to support their weight as the branch was in danger of breaking. Strangely .....there are four or more pomelo shaped fruit on our Pink Grapefruit tree. One of our neighbours felt them, sniffed them and declared them pomelos .....how strange!

And yes, we are still for sale.

http://bajasur.es.craigslist.com.mx/reo/4160030921.html
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2013 at 06:37 PM

Can I invite myself over and meet you good people, please?
I live just around the corner and want to say hi and welcome home.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2013 at 06:41 PM

Sure, any afternoon, for one of our world class gin and tonics courtesy of the Key Lime Tree.

Just ring the bell on the gate.

[Edited on 10-30-2013 by cessna821]

[Edited on 1-11-2014 by cessna821]
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2013 at 06:59 PM

Now that´s an invitation I´m glad I finaggled, yes!

I´ll hobble over soon as I can.
Am recouping from a dumb dogbite to the heel by a Mulege Terrierist Mutt who sneeked up behind me while I was out walking.

Thank you so much. I´ve wanted to meet you for a long time and see that gorgeous estate.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 06:31 PM

Just updated the info and pictures, now you have a choice - see the house on Craigslist or Backpage.

http://bajasur.en.craigslist.com.mx/reo/4160030921.html

http://bajasur.backpage.mx/en-au/homes-for-sale/130000-3br-h...
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-2-2013 at 06:46 PM
I'll be up all night

Fireing up my peso printing machine !! NICE Place and that river pic is a jewel !! And that pad is a Jewel !!

[Edited on 11-3-2013 by captkw]
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 12:20 PM

So having had the Christmas and New Year festivities we are now updating our advert with some new pictures.

We have changed the format slightly and are now placing exterior pictures on:

http://bajasur.backpage.mx/en-au/homes-for-sale/130000-3hb-h...

Interior pictures are on:

http://bajasur.es.craigslist.com.mx/reo/4282856097.html

Email:
fordintra@gmail.com
for further information.
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2014 at 12:02 PM

Another glorious Springlike day in Mulegé.

We are into the days of butterflies, flowers and the chattering of birds. They must all be appreciating this warmer weather. We have had the fire set ready to light but this week, so far, we haven't needed it. The evenings are warmer and the winds have left us alone ......fingers crossed that they will continue to do so.

Our vegetables are thriving well. We have lots of red tomatoes to eat and our plants are laden with green fruit and covered in flower. It is such a kick to plant seeds and watch the seedlings grow and produce such a heavy crop of fruit. We have masses of herbs .....cilantro, mint, parsley and basil.  Our garlic chives have been a bit disappointing so have been moved into the shade. Lettuces, radishes, baby spinach leaves and tomatoes are ready to pick for salads ....we just need to buy fresh onions and cucumbers. Each Saturday, Raoul and Ana, a local rancher and his wife come by in their truck with their homegrown veggies. I love the way that they tie everything up with strings made from palm leaves. We especially love their bunches of sweet baby carrots and they also sell eggs, tortillas and a few of Ana's homemade meals.

The new drought tolerant shrubs we planted continue to look healthy ....the Ixora has clusters of red flower buds which should open soon. The Plumeria still has a few leaves left and it will look great at the front of the house when it produces its new leaves and pink flowers. The Mountain Shadow bush has lush dark evergreen leaves ....I wish I knew its real name!

Our pink grapefruits are ready and sweet, both our orange trees have ripe fruit and the key lime is dropping just one or two limes each day ......but is covered in tiny white flowers. We tried one of the pomelos but it was still sour so we'll leave them for another month before we try again.

The African tulip tree by the front door is spectacular again. The Hooded Oriole loves searching amongst its flowers ......but it still enjoys a sneaky guzzle at the hummingbird feeders.

We have updated the postings on Craigslist and Backpage.

Exterior pictures are on:

Email:
fordintra@gmail.com

[Edited on 1-30-2014 by cessna821]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2014 at 06:58 PM

Your home is gorgeous! Good luck, I bet it sells muy rapido.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 11:15 AM

We have updated the postings again on Backpage with new photos.

Exterior pictures are on:

Email:
fordintra@gmail.com
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2014 at 01:04 PM

Here we go again, upgraded some of the pictures to show the beautiful weather on 1st March.

Fruit trees are spectacular this year with the most grapefruit and Valencia oranges we have ever seen.

Exterior pics:

http://tijuana.backpage.mx/en-au/homes-for-sale/130000-3hb-h...

Interior pics:

http://bajasur.es.craigslist.com.mx/reo/4355640593.html

email:
fordintra@gmail.com

[Edited on 3-1-2014 by cessna821]
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 3-1-2014 at 01:58 PM

That's a hell-of-a deal. Walked past it many times during my stay in Mulege. Can't imagine why someone hasn't snapped it up. Beautiful place. Mighty tempting. Enjoying life down on the bayou. It'd be a stretch to try to manage two places with tropical and near tropical vegetation and the fishing is better on the bayou.
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2014 at 09:35 PM

Thank you Cypress.

Yes, it is a beautiful home and really easy to live in year round.

I think that it does not fit what people perceive as a Mexican residence, as many only want a cheap weekend palapa style place. The other end of the scale is the large, sumptious type of estate house that have asking prices in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We have spent many happy years here and the house fits almost exactly in between the above styles. It is secure and comfortable with all the amenities that expatriates would expect, and at a realistic price.
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 11:18 AM

Just a quick comment prompted by a couple of questioners.

Unlike other homes for sale, there is no ground rent on our property, therefore no monthly payments or annual increases.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.