Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Frizkie
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 12:02 PM
Hey Mike....

Just who are you trying to kid with that automotive list??? I've never know you to even carry a jack! :spingrin: :biggrin:

And a spare? Yeah right!!
Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm

Small Weber gas BBQ. I like to cook those oversized piernas de pollo. They sure are economical. I have heard that they are from the U.S. but cannot be sold in the U.S. due to the high amounts of growth hormones.

Please tell me this is NOT so!!!!!!:(:(
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 07:37 PM

Mike,
Gerber tool is like a Leatherman. Mr. gerbal Funnyman. Ja ja jajaja...
Oh, and regarding the curling iron, no wonder M.A. always looks so put together when the rest of us are walking around looking like we haven't showered in a long baja month!

D.K. regarding that bailing wire comment, you'd better watch it Mister, you are on my list now!
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 11:21 PM
What kind of music do you like Friskie and when are you leaving?

WD 40 - Great for pain relief. I used it on my knees after a long Sierra hike and I came back feeling like the tin man. Works wonders to stop them from creeking and aching. The alternative in a pinch, but not recommended for everyone though. No bull. :lol::lol:

I asked my younger brother to make some CD's for my trip south and we went thru the list tonight. He's the master at making Best of CDs. 4 classic CD's of the Best Oldies (BTO, Dr. Hook, other popular artists of the 70's) and if you are into 70's stuff I can burn copies for you and zap the 4 CDs off Priority Post for you to take. It's my brothers version similar to the popular Time Life Legends of the 70's CDs. Let me know.

My passport expired and I have to get it renewed. Got the new PP photos today and it is supposed to take 2 to 3 weeks to get it back. I'm sure you made sure yours is up to date.

Wish I was heading down with you. :(

RandyMac

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by RandyMac]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 11:37 PM

B.T.O. was my all time favorite band... Great driving and four wheeling music! Heck, they even had a song and album named 'Four Wheel Drive'.
I had every album (LP) they put out... and some of their 8 tracks too! :lol: Yes, I know they are Canadian! Randy Bachman is quite talented with music and song writing, too. Think he started with the Guess Who (American Woman)... 70's trivia anyone?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 11:44 PM
Dr. Hook????

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Hook! As a matter of fact, I have been looking, and looking for a copy of his Pleasure and Pain CD and have had no luck in finding it. Mine is totally worn out from over use!! Randy Bachman is great too. I would really like some of those tunes, and how sweet of you to think of that.
I think I will be leaving here on Saturday on the Coho ferry to Port Angeles. That would be at the earliest. I would then be arriving in LaPaz probably 3 or 4 days later.
Sure wish our time frame was more in sinc cuz' I know we could have alot of laughs, and now I know we also enjoy the same tunes as well, plus a few other things. :cool::yes: you know like Cow Seeds n' stuff!! Ha! Ha! Love that idea!!
So git that pasaporta in order and come on down!!
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 12:01 AM
Had 2 of my favorite CD cases full of great tunes stolen at Tecoloti Beach above La Paz last trip...

So my brother said he would create new ones for me. Both my brothers have been gathering new tunes since the late 60's. There is a whole closet full of original condition albums. Just haven't had the time to go thru them.

Timing thing is off: I probably can't get the CDs to you in time the way it looks Friskie, but I'm going to bring them down to you when I come down later in the month.

I'll see about the Dr. Hook CD and try to burn one for you. I'm sure I can find the Pleasure and Pain CD in my brother's library. I completely wore out my Best of Bob Seger CD too. Burning a new one tomorrow.

Ya. Too bad our time frame wasn't more in sync cuz alot of laughs would be great right now. Will pack some Cow Seeds with me. The pasaporta is on the way and I'll be coming down as soon as I can.

Have a safe trip Friskie.

RandyMac:coolup:

Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

frizkie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 12:08 AM
Thanx Randy

And yooo tooo Drive safe and have a good one!!!

Don't sew too many Cow Seeds in the desert there are already too many of those darned vacas on the road. :lol:
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 12:12 AM
DK, ya, BTO has some real good tunes.

Yes that Randy Bachman is very talented. Went to every concert I could when I was younger.

I'll be getting the list of the 70's tunes tomorrow and I plan to sort thru my brothers iTunes list and make a few more CDs for the trip. The CDs he made for my last trip were real popular with people on Playa El Requeson and Los Cerritos last year. He seems to have a nack for making good CDs with a mix of classic tunes.

I'm probably going to add a few more Dr. Hook, Guess Who and BTO tunes to the list.

David K. When are you planing to be down in the Baja next? Look forward to meeting you.

RandyMac

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 12:20 AM
Dr. Hook. Blazed into my brain cuz of my roommate...

Quote:
Originally posted by frizkie
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Hook!

Love Dr. Hook!!!! Ya sound like my old roommate from Vancouver Friskie. Lynn was 10 years younger than me and didn't have any albums, but used to play my Dr. Hook album every Saturday and put it on repeat all day. She wore the album out and I bought here a new one on the promise she would only play it 4 times on Saturdays. He he. Brings back good memories. I think I can remember all the lyrics by heart. Saturday Hangovers were sometimes more painful than usual after the album repeated for the 6th time.

But I still like Dr. Hook.

RandyMac

frizkie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 12:40 AM
Hmmmm? Well.....

Vancouver is my home town, and my middle name is Lynn, and I must be at LEAST 10 years younger than you!!:tumble:

Ya just never know???

.....U2U....U2U....U2U
Check em'
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 12:40 AM
Friskie. Ya need an avatar. I can whip one up for you...

if you give me an idea of what you would like. If your not familiar with an avatar its the little picture or icon on the side to identify you on BajaNomad.

Let me know. I'll make one for you and can give you help to put it on the BN site for you. It can be static or animated. Your choice.

Middle name Lynn, Dr. Hook, Vancouver. 36. Synchronicity? A nurse too? I think you or JR mentioned that. Look forward to meeting you. :spingrin:

RandyMac

frizkie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 12:52 AM
Yeah! Randy

I'd like to have one of dem dare avatar tings. I'm so busy packing that I can't even spel rite enimore, let alone think up an avatar. I feel like a whirling dervish gone out of control here.......maybe it is the "List". Will I get it all in ?!!! Will I get it all in ?!!!.......The "List" is haunting me.:o

Oh, and by the way, not to get off the topic here, but we should add "Good Tunes" to the list!!! :o Good tunes to play on "That dark desert highway".
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 12:55 AM
Stay in touch. I'm the crazy Canuck that creates the...

massive sand castle carvings on the beach on the full moons. Just one of those weird dudes that can't sleep sometimes after hiking, so I grab my bucket, scoop and lawnchair, beer cooler, CD player and head down the beach to create whatever comes to mind in the full moon. I'm usually done with the creative stuff, have slept enough and up before te sun comes up.

When I get down, we'll have to get together and create a sand carving and play Dr. Hook Cds.

Crocodylus acutus: 25 foot crocodile on Baja beach... While on Playa Los Cerritos, I gained the knickname SlightlyOffcenter besides RandyMac.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=2622

I have thought all year about some sand lizards and can't wait to get down there.

RandyMac

frizkie
Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-4-2004 at 01:10 AM
WOW!!!!!!

I wanna help !!!
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 02:03 AM
You mean I'm gonna miss riding shotgun with Molly?

I wanna go so bad. And Molly is too cute. I found an old thread and howled like crazy seeing the Baja Nomads and their real Masters and copilots.

Ken Bondi's pouch made me howl like crazy. Way to funny. And Tucker's low rider is something else. gotta like them wiener dogs. My friend has 6 of of those little hardwood floor sliders.

So you found Molly on the beach. I heard that Baja dogs make the best of canines to have. So loyal and lovable.

Can't wait to meet Molly. She is headed down with you isn't she?

RandyMac

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 02:09 AM
Frizkie. If you have a scanner, make a copy of your...

BC Drivers license then email it to yourself so you have a color copy that can be printed should you ever lose your Drivers license.

I use a color copy of my license in the Baja and keep the original safe so I don't lose it. I put that plastic coating stuff (available at Staples) around the color copy and it takes the place of the original. A corrupt policia took mine in Veracruz a few years back, so I printed off the copy that my brother emailed me. Saves trying to get a replacement from BC.

I also scan in all my paperwork etc. (insurance papers etc.) and email it to myself, just in case I need copies I can retrieve them from any location via my Yahoo.com email account.

RandyMac

frizkie
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 02:52 AM
You are just full of...

Terrific ideas. I don't have a scanner but I think I can figure out how to do that license thing. I like that idea a bunch. I do have copies of most everything else. But scanning them and e mailing them to yourself is pure genius!!!:light:

I've just tried to send a pic of my Van and I think I'm in this one on my bike too. Just giving it a shot.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-4-2004 at 07:33 AM
Biker Chic

Hey girl, that van looks way easier to put back together than your last ride! Good job.
Are you stopping by on the way south ?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RandyMac
Yes that Randy Bachman is very talented. Went to every concert I could when I was younger.

I'll be getting the list of the 70's tunes tomorrow and I plan to sort thru my brothers iTunes list and make a few more CDs for the trip. The CDs he made for my last trip were real popular with people on Playa El Requeson and Los Cerritos last year. He seems to have a nack for making good CDs with a mix of classic tunes.

I'm probably going to add a few more Dr. Hook, Guess Who and BTO tunes to the list.

David K. When are you planing to be down in the Baja next? Look forward to meeting you.

RandyMac

Well, there's a small chance to go for the Baja 1000. But school will probably be the reason for not going then.

The next vacation is Thanksgiving... Has been a Gonzaga Bay destination and we may try and get to Mision Santa Maria this time, with an early start! http://vivabaja.com/1103/page2.html

Don Jorge is/was just hiking the area between the mission and Santa Ynez (direct route, not on the road).

The place is just so addicting!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.