Author: Subject: Mexicali to La Paz, off the beaten path camping
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-9-2014 at 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Pompano

["Later, an old amigo, Riley, and his family moved there from Conception Bay and settled near that lighthouse. Known to the locals as Perico Blanco, white parrot, because of his startling hair style. Regretted hearing from the Pemex folks that his wife had passed and he went back to the states."]

I don't remember his name but when I first started going to Laguna Manuela late 80s there was a man and woman living in a motorhome or RV trailer, I don't remember exactly, at the fish camp when you get to the Laguna. The womans name was Shirley and she passed away. Later the guy was gone, this would have been early 90s. I met another couple in a motorhome there a year or two later and they knew him and said he went back to the states with his son, I believe it was the San Diego area.

[Edited on 3-8-2014 by TW]

Thanks for that info, TW. Sounds like the same people who camped at Coyote Bay for a few seasons in the late 80's. Charming Irishman and a unique character... who once flew flights in and out of Laos in the 70's (Air America). Here's a pic from those camping days at Coyote Beach.

Sorry for this slight hijack, philodgo....but it's nostalgia about Luguna Manuela. All the folks in this photo enjoyed camping there at one time or another.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
cabokid
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 04:45 PM

Like your report . Been driving down to Cabo every year now for 25 years and I to try to take a side road that I have never seen before. Been most eveywhere but still find new places to see and explore. Have a 4x4 with popup camper as hate towing on dirt roads. Places are slowly disappearing ether paving or fencing . Now have a little place where we can rest our old bones down in San Jose and a boat in the marina. Life is good . Maybe see you on the road Keep on truckin.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.