Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Death in Baja Part IV
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 01:12 PM
Death in Baja Part IV

This document is to be used if someone that is an immediate family member is giving permission to some responsible person in Baja who is not an immediate family member, to act on behalf of the deceased, because no immediate family member can be present in Baja to execute documents on behalf of the deceased or claim the deceased's remains and belongings. It must be furnished signed, written in both English and Spanish and dated on or very soon after death of the deceased by the immediate family member, notarized and sent rapidly (email with documents attached) to the designated person for use when that person acts on behalf of the deceased. The original of these two documents must be executed by an immediate family member and sent to the responsible person by email or fax, along with the family member's identification copies. One such ID document should show the family member's signature and photo and the other should show proof of family affiliation (birth certificate copy, or marriage license copy, etc.) LIMITED POWER OF ATTORNEY TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: ________________________(DATE: DAY MONTH YEAR) I, _______________________________________(FULL NAME OF FAMILY MEMBER SERVING AS ATTORNEY IN FACT) HEREBY GRANT THE FOLLOWING: THIS LETTER IS TO SERVE AS MY AUTHORIZATION AS ATTORNEY OF FACT ON BEHALF OF THE DECEASED, ______________________________________________(FULL NAME OF DECEASED). I IN FACT AM GRANTING ____________________________________________________________________(FULL NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT INFORMATION OF PERSON IN BAJA WHO IS AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON BEHALF OF THE DECEASED) THE LEGAL RIGHT TO EXECUTE AND SIGN ALL LEGAL DOCUMENTS THAT PERTAIN TO THE DECEASED'S DEATH THAT ARE REQUIRED IN THE COUNTRY OF MEXICO AND/OR THE STATES OF SOUTHERN BAJA AS WELL AS NORTHERN BAJA. ____________________________________________HAS MY FULL PERMISSION TO ACT ON MY BEHALF TO LEGALLY SIGN _________________________________(NAME OF DECEASED) DEATH CERTIFICATE, OBTAIN ALL ACCIDENT AND POLICE REPORTS AND ALL OTHER DOCUMENTATION THAT PERTAINS TO HIS/HER DEATH. ____________________________________________IS ALSO ALLOWED TO CLAIM ALL OF ____________________________________(NAME OF DECEASED) PERSONAL BELONGINGS THAT WERE ON HIS/HER PERSON AT TIME OF HIS DEATH. PLEASE NOTE, BASED ON REASONABLE AND BETTER JUDGMENT BY __________________________, I AM ALSO ALLOWING HIM TO MAKE LEGAL AND ACQUIRE ANY ADDITONAL LEGAL CHOICES AND/OR DOCUMENTS THAT ARE NECESSARY TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS ON MY BEHALF THAT HAVE NOT BEEN MENTIONED IN ABOVE SUBJECT MATTER HEADER OF THIS AUTHORIZATION. IF AT ANYTIME YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT MY HOME NUMBER __________________________OR MY CELL PHONE ______________________________________. __________________________________________________________________ SIGNATURE OF : SIGN AND PRINT OR TYPE FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, DATE AND SIGNATURE AS WELL AS STATEMENT OF FAMILY AFFILIATION TO THE DECEASED. (A STATEMENT SUCH AS "I AM THE SON, DAUGHTER, BROTHER, COUSIN, FATHER, MOTHER, WIFE, HUSBAND OF THE DECEASED." SHOULD APPEAR JUST ABOVE SIGNATURE OF FAMILY MEMBER). The responsible person attaches copies of identification such as passport and driver's license. the granting family member attaches identification with photo and other documents as proof of family affiliation such as marriage license, birth certificate, genealogical documents, etc.) NOTARY SIGNATURE AND SEAL, DATE
A QUIEN PUEDA INTERESAR: YO, _______________________________ (FULL NAME OF FAMILY MEMBER OR PERSON PASSING AUTHORITY TO A RESPONSIBLE PERSON IN BAJA) _________________________________________________________________(RELATIONSHIP TO THE DECEASED AND FULL NAME OF THE DECEASED) CONCEDO LO SIGUIENTE: ESTA CARTA ES PARA SERVIR COMO MI AUTORIZACIÓN COMO ABOGADO DE HECHO, EN NOMBRE DEL SEÑOR(A) YA FALLECIDO,__________________________________________(FULL NAME OF DECEASED). YO DOY DE HECHO Y CONCEDO A _____________________________________(FULL NAME AND ADDRESS OF PERSON IN BAJA WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AFFAIRS OF THE DECEASED) PARA EJECUTAR Y FIRMAR TODOS LOS DOCUMENTOS LEGALES QUE PERTENECEN A _____________________________________(FULL NAME OF DECEASED) QUE SE REQUIERE EN EL PAIS DE MEXICO Y O ESTADOS DE BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR Y BAJA CALIFORNIA NORTE. ___________________________________________(NAME OF RESPONSIBLE PERSON IN BAJA) TAMBIEN TIENE MI PERMISO PARA ACTUAR EN MI NOMBRE FIRMAR LEGALMENTE EL CERTIFICADO DE MUERTE DEL SR./SRA. YA FALLECIDO , OBTENER TODA LA INFORMACION DEL ACCIDENTE Y LOS INFORMES POLICIALES Y TODA OTRA DOCUMENTACIÓN QUE PERTENECE A LA MUERTE DE _____________________________________(NAME OF THE DECEASED). ___________________________________(NAME OF THE RESPONSIBLE PERSON) TAMBIÉN SE LE PERMITE RECLAMAR TODAS LAS PERTENENCIAS PERSONALES QUE FUERON DEL FALLECIDO EN EL MOMENTO DE SU MUERTE. TENGA EN CUENTA, EN BASE A JUICIO RAZONABLE Y MEJOR POR_______________________________(NAME OF THE RESPONSIBLE PERSON), YO TAMBIÉN LE PERMITO HACER LEGAL Y ADQUIRIR CUALQUIER OPCIONES LEGALES O DOCUMENTOS QUE SEAN NECESARIAS PARA COMPLETAR ESTE PROCESO EN MI NOMBRE QUE NO SE HAN MENCIONADO EN EL ENCABEZADO DE ARRIBA OBJETO DE ESTA AUTORIZACIÓN. SI EN ALGÚN MOMENTO USTED TIENE ALGUNA PREGUNTA, POR FAVOR LLÁMEME AL NÚMERO DE MI CASA _____________________________(YOUR HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER) O MI CELULAR ___________________________(NUMBER OF YOUR CELLPHONE OR OFFICE). ESTO VA A SERVIR DE UNA FIRMA ELECTRÓNICA: RELATIONSHIP STATEMENT SIGNATURE NAME TYPED STREET ADDRESS TYPED CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE, PHONE NUMBER ESTADOS UNIDOS DE AMÉRICA TYPE NAME OF RESPONSIBLE PERSON IN BAJA WHO IS AUTHORIZED ADDRESS IN BAJA TELEPHONE NO., CELLPHONE NUMBER EMAIL ADDRESS NOTARY SIGNATURE AND SEAL, DATE

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-15-2014 at 05:04 PM
LINKS ALL PARTS of this series

Over time, without links to the next part, it may become difficult to quickly find them to read through, this being made up of several separate posts. Here are the parts:

Part 1: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=72743

Part 2: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=72745

Part 3: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=72746

Part 4: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=72747

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2014 at 08:40 AM

I did not see this mentioned but if the person dies in your home, be prepared for a few hours in the police station explaining how they died. Hardly the way you want to spend that first night.
We could not move the body until the police released it to the funeral home. They came and photographed where he was found, etc.
Might be the same in the US, I dont know.

meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2014 at 04:20 PM

Pescadore, could you please check your U2U please?
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2014 at 10:12 PM

Thank You Again!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.