Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto Wedding
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2014 at 08:52 PM
Loreto Wedding

We are looking to get married in Loreto

Anybody on here know of some information on the matter. We are about a year out but are looking for any information that will help.
Anybody in Loreto that knows of a wedding planner or something like it?

We are looking for a large house for the wedding or possibly to house a handful of people and have the wedding somewhere else.

Any information will help

Thank you
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2014 at 09:59 PM
Congratulations, you two.

Here's a good place to start: http://www.mexperience.com/mexico-weddings/getting-married-i...

The Damiana Inn is a charming, quaint yet elegant place.
Imagine they'd help you sort things out: http://www.ladamianainn.com

[Edited on 4-4-2014 by Mulegena]

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 05:44 AM

We were married in Tecate. Had to have a blood test and provide an Apostille from our birth state. Local Judge married us and we now have one of the coolest looking marriage certs hanging on our wall! The Judge did the marriage in both Spanish and English as we had 75 from the US with us and joined by another 50 or so local dignitaries and friends from Tecate.

Off the Web;

What is an Apostille?
An Apostille is a form of certification set out in the 1961 Hague Convention, to which the United States became a subscriber in 1981. It is a form of numbered fields, which allows the data to be understood by the receiving country regardless of the official language of the issuing country.

What does an Apostille do?
The object of the Apostille is to "abolish the requirement of diplomatic or consular legalization for foreign public documents". The completed Apostille certifies the authenticity of the signature, the capacity in which the person signing the document has acted, and identifies the seal/stamp which the document bears.

Who issues Apostilles?
Each subscribing nation may designate those authorities which may issue Apostilles for their jurisdiction. The United States has appointed the Secretary of State (or their counterpart) of the various states as said authority.

Really not that hard to get an Apostille. Oh yea, we had to have a current visa but you will have that anyways since you'll be in Loreto!
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 09:37 AM

try posting on Loreto Bay Village Voice...a Yahoo group. I recall a number of wedding planners posting in the past. do check out Loreto Bay itself...the hotel or golf course or beach for wedding, also many lovely houses to rent. Google LB for property rentals, too.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 09:57 AM

Try checking out the La Mision Hotel. They have a really great wedding package. We were hoping to have our daughter's wedding there, but it didn't work out.

La Mision Wedding

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 10:21 AM

TLBaja79, Baja is the perfect place for weddings. I wrote an account of one that happened 4 years ago in Mulege. Great times! In this post I have listed all the requirements and info needed for a foreigner to marry in Mexico....with lots of photos to explain the entire proceedings. It may help you in your planning. Great Good Luck to you both!

"How to Get Married in Baja."

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=46806

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 10:35 AM

are you looking for a toes-in-the-sand ceremony in Loreto?

TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 01:32 PM

Not exactly sure what we want.
We are pretty sure we want to have it in Loreto. There would be upwards of 150 people so the town of Loreto with the Intl Airport right there will work great.
A couple things we have talked about is having it at La Mision, depending on the cost.

NCAMPION - do you remember cost? We talked with them and they had unlimited options but do you remember ballpark?

Or renting a big house north of town and having it there. We like this option best but not sure it can happen since all the time needed to make things right may not be available. If we could find a wedding planner that we like and trust and not too pricey then this option could probably happen.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 02:07 PM

Baja79, We have a big house on the beach North of town, but not big enough for 150 people! Don't remember the cost of La Mision, but it was way cheaper than having it here in So. Calif. We were even looking at chartering a plane to get people there with the savings. They had all kinds of service options including a private pre-wedding dinner out on Coronado Island on the beach. They would close off the entire 2nd floor including bar and restaurant for the wedding party. Give them a call or email inquiry. It would be beautiful - be careful which month you pick.
Travelinleah
Junior Nomad

Mood: Waiting.....

[*] posted on 4-6-2014 at 08:14 PM

Perhaps Villa del Palmar?
Lauriboats
Senior Nomad

Mood: Loving life in Baja

[*] posted on 4-7-2014 at 06:57 AM

Contact my friend Jill Jackson, their place in Loreto is awesome. You can rent the entire property for a large group. http://www.lascabanasdeloreto.com/Loreto/

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-7-2014 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauriboats
Contact my friend Jill Jackson, their place in Loreto is awesome. You can rent the entire property for a large group. http://www.lascabanasdeloreto.com/Loreto/

Still have to put 150 folks somewhere.
Maybe sleep around the pool in tents?:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Lauriboats
Senior Nomad

Mood: Loving life in Baja

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:
Originally posted by Lauriboats

Still have to put 150 folks somewhere.
Maybe sleep around the pool in tents?:biggrin:

They said that they wanted to house a handful of people.

What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2014 at 02:43 PM

A larger but not gigantic house would be plenty of space. I've been to weddings in mexico and between a bit of inside seating, some patio seating and beach seating there is plenty of room in a modest but larger house for dinner.

Everybody will stay throughout town in the hotels and such.

It may be much easier for us to stay at and have the wedding/party through La Mision.
LaRed

[*] posted on 4-11-2014 at 05:09 PM

I went to a wedding a few weeks ago at the Desert Inn in Loreto (formerly La Pinta Hotel)-- 65 guests but could have held much more. Lovely beachfront property that always looks closed---or we don't see many staying there (a half mile north of downtown).. not aware of the details... but the food was great (steak, lobster and fish for entrees)..music, etc. Might be worth a looksee....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.