Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: NORRA
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 02:50 PM

Great photos Perry!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 05:35 PM

Perry,

I noted the number for that lady and will ask (NORRA) Mr. Pearlman to look into it. While not all folks like off road down there, those of us who do try and keep peace among our locals that make this all happen. Good will goes a long way.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 08:19 PM

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
Perry,

I noted the number for that lady and will ask (NORRA) Mr. Pearlman to look into it. While not all folks like off road down there, those of us who do try and keep peace among our locals that make this all happen. Good will goes a long way.

Thanks Steekers, I absolutely agree. I did all I could to convince her that I would get her message out and that she would be heard. When I offered to pay for the spot I had bivouaced the night before, she misunderstood and demanded that I stay at her place for the night! She's a nice lady who feels powerless I think.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 09:33 PM

vgabndo: excelente fotos amigo! Glad I clicked on this awesome thread. Thanks all.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 09:43 PM
BORING

TRY OFFSHORE BOAT RACING !! HE<HE
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 10:08 PM

Next time there is an off-shore power boat race in Baja, maybe you'll post pictures.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2014 at 11:54 PM
Here are a few bikes from Sunday

This is Johnny Scheff from Chicago on a custom 450 Triumph Winning motorcycle time 10:09:34 his time 14:36:55 13th.

Steve Rocket Man Smith aboard his 1983 XR500. DNF

This is Larry Dysert in the over 50 class. His second NORRA rally. 14:40:44 15th.

Chuck Wallace, Team Black and Blue, out of Dallas Texas 15:19:53 16th.

The area where I watched had just been graded and had 3-5 inches of soft sand layed down like soft powder by the machine. It was great for my big truck, but squirrely even on my ATV at speed. The zig zag tracks I observed on my rides gave me to believe that these guys would have rather the road had been left washboards.:lol:

[Edited on 5-14-2014 by vgabndo]

Bill Kauth

steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 09:58 AM

H Perry,

By chance do you have some pics of 23-McMillan? Sure would like to see...thanks
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 10:15 AM

Mike Bilek and his wife pictured above broke the steering at last years Mexican 1000 at the BOLA/El Arco/ San Francisquito jct. Mag 7 welded it and off they went but broke again about have way to El Arco. I gave them a ride out to hwy 1 to their chase crew. In return he gave me a couple of T shirts with their logo on them. They seem like a nice couple enjoying racing together.

Truck 35 is Rich Voss.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 10:54 AM

I did have it...glad to oblige...I wasn't really prepared to spend all day at track-side, and realized later what a lot of vehicle I didn't see pass when I went searching for food drink and shade about 2:00 PM! There is a 43 minute video on line with lots of details of tech inspection that I watched last night. Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfghFAfhby4

[Edited on 5-14-2014 by vgabndo]

Bill Kauth

bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 11:02 AM

I have to sympathize 100% with the very upset lady from the Vizcaino area. The race came by our place yesterday and our road is now in worse shape that even after the Baja 1000 - and our road was also recently graded.

The organizers of off-road races would make a lot of points with the locals if they would take the time to repair the roads after the race. By that I mean, go and hire some road graders yourselves and get them out to repair the damage. If they actually think that the money they pay to ejidos or the gov't really goes to after-race road repair, they are dreaming. They have all the time in the world for pre-race stuff (marking the course, etc.), but apparently no time after the race to repair the mess.....they just disappear.

OK - end of rant. If anyone from NORRA or any of the racers would like to reply - please U 2 U me and we'll take this off the main thread.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 11:39 AM

sent bajalinda a U2U.

Thanks Perry! What racemile was that pic of 23?
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 01:02 PM

Day two M-124...about...

Bill Kauth

bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 01:04 PM

steekers - thanks very much for your prompt reply - much appreciated.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 02:02 PM

your most welcome...will do what I can.

Others:

Keep those great pics coming!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 06:46 PM

Neither NORRA nor SCORE has the resources, time and extra money to grade every road they run over. That's why they pay a per entry fee to the the land owners. Why would you grade a road knowing a race would run over it next month? NORRA has run the same section of this race for 4 years and she was clueless. I don't buy that. Please tell her that SCORE will run the Baja 1000 over her land in November for the next several years so she won't be surprised. If she doesn't want the race on her road they'll move it to another road and she won't be paid.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 07:20 PM

Here is a great foto, not mine

bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2014 at 09:06 PM

TW - I am very well aware of when off-road races come through this area. The road grading was done by the municipality - not me. For the record, I have never received a single centavo for any race coming through here and I am not looking for payment - just some post-race follow up.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2014 at 08:44 AM

Paul Clark the OP

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.