BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: No Pain Medication in Mexico.....
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 6-26-2014 at 07:33 PM

again....if we not stray from what we are talking about, pain meds ARE available in mexico....i get my tramadol from diego at the pharmacy in mulege just across the street from el candil, OR, as most folks know it as, SCOTTIES bar and restaurant....diego is honest, firm, and knows his stuff..

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
Yeah, I know... they legalized it here in New Mexico for PTSD too, and just in time for me to get Asbestos disease... talked to a lung doc last week, and said, not a good idea. DAMNIT.

Talk to someone who knows what vaporizing is. Think that's what was being addressed -- smoke harmful, vapor no. If there's no pain, then moot point. Sorry to hear about asbestos. That sucks.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Yeah, I know... they legalized it here in New Mexico for PTSD too, and just in time for me to get Asbestos disease... talked to a lung doc last week, and said, not a good idea. DAMNIT.

Talk to someone who knows what vaporizing is. Think that's what was being addressed -- smoke harmful, vapor no. If there's no pain, then moot point. Sorry to hear about asbestos. That sucks.

There's a ton of edible forms you can ingest as well. Plenty of options. ;)

[Edited on 6-27-2014 by Ateo]

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 08:35 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_B._Toklas

Thanks for the pic about 'Alice's Restaurant' and Arlo Guthrie's rambling ode to himself and arrest for "LITTERING.... AND CREATING A NUICANCE".

My fudge brownie recipe is still descended (in theory and heart) from Alice B. Tolkas, who (as Wiki states) made her "HASCHICH FUDGE'' recipe published in 1954!! Too cool, you go gurl !!
:wow:

[Edited on 6-27-2014 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Hawood, I was an EMT, I do know the last resort is antibiotics, and even in the U.S. antibiotic PRESCRIPTIONS are at an all-time dangerous high, so preach to the doctors. I was stating fact, they're still readily available at all Mexican farmacias.... the Mex. Gov't busted pain meds, not Keflex. Tha's all, dude.

Available in the storefront places that have little or no responsibility as to their source or their efficacy. That's all I'm saying.

The fact that you resist the idea that the Mexican government cracked down on OTC antibiotics, astounds me. They did.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 05:31 PM

The fact you can't or won't read plain English astounds me, Oh Scholar. Just when did this 'crackdown' happen? In the last 3 months??? That's the last time I bought Keflex for a friend....

Mute point methinks.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 6-27-2014 at 07:49 PM

ewwwwww!...CATFIGHT!....and look how similar their "handles" are??!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 04:50 PM

Maybe you ought to look at the news. Just sayin'.
Feathers
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-28-2014 at 06:16 PM

Quote:

Why must you smoke it?
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 09:11 AM
and for those of us that can't read spanish...

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
The fact you can't or won't read plain English astounds me, Oh Scholar. Just when did this 'crackdown' happen?
May 27, 2010, for those that were paying attention.

Some pharmacies apparently don't care, guess enforcement is still lax.

...here is the SpanishDirect translation:

DOF: 27/05/2010 agreement by which determine the guidelines to which shall be subject the sale and dispensing of antibiotics.Outside a seal with the coat of arms, which says: United States Mexicans-Secretary of Salud.JOSE ANGEL CORDOVA VILLALOBOS, Secretary of health, based on the provisions of articles 73, fraction XVI, base 2a. the political Constitution of the Mexican United States; 3, fraction 17TH, 13, subsection A, section X, 134 fraction II, 139 fraction VIII, 147, 181, 226 and 227 of the General Health Act; 39 of the organic law of the Federal public administration; 28, 29 and 30 of the regulation of inputs for health; 6-7 fraction XVI of the Interior regulation of the Ministry of health; yCONSIDERANDOQue the State has an obligation to enact the General measures aimed at ensuring the right to the protection of health, which are inside, those oriented to avoid the exposure of the population to health risks;That the epidemic of influenza A (H1N1), has highlighted the seriousness of the consequences of the selfprescription with antibiotics in our country;That in many cases of influenza is it complicated due to a medical diagnosis late, caused in part because a large proportion of the patients first went to pharmacies seeking to resolve his symptoms and there were treated with antibiotics without a prescription, which are useless for viral infections like influenza;Antibiotics are considered as a global public good. As a result, the World Health Organization has urged each of the Member States to undertake a national strategy to improve the use of antibiotics and contain bacterial resistance, suggesting different educational actions, regulatory and management;In Mexico, antibiotics are among drugs that most consumed, representing second place in sales of pharmacies nationwide. Some of the problems that relate to this high consumption are: the selfprescription of antibiotics and its improper dispensing in pharmacies;That between 70% and 80% of the recommendations that pharmacy employees give their customers with pictures of acute respiratory and diarrhoeal infections, include antibiotics prescribed inappropriately in type, dose and duration of prescription and without taking into account the nature of the condition;To highlight the consequences of this high consumption of antibiotics in the country, is important to mention that the majority of reports of adverse reactions to drugs, 40% in the Mexican population, are attributed to the consumption of antibiotics;That similarly growing bacterial resistance in pathogenic causes of Inhospital and community infections, is has been well documented in the scientific literature in Mexico, for example: regional surveillance networks estimated that the national rate of resistance to penicillin of streptococcus pneumoniae, community infection-causing bacteria such as pneumonia and meningitis, is serious about 55%, figure higher than other countries in Latin America as: Argentina and Brazil. Many hospital germs are Multiresistant to antibiotics that are endangering the lives of hospitalized patients who enter for any reason and that are infected by these germs;Several studies conclude that between 40 and 60% of antibiotics sold without a prescription;It is important that antibiotics may be provided only under medical prescription, in order to avoid the selfprescription and the generation of the effectiveness of drug-resistant bacterial strains;That on the basis of that, the protection of health is a human right guaranteed by the Constitution, where the society and the State have an obligation to ensure the protection of this right, taking into consideration that the antibiotics selfprescription constitutes a public health problem;In this order of ideas, and in order to implement measures of protection and control of the outbreak of influenza A (H1N1) and other adverse reactions that generates self prescription of antibiotics in our country, it is necessary to issue an agreement allowing deployed as provided by law to only be administered antibiotics when they are prescribed with a prescription issued by health professionals authorized by lawin order to control its use and abuse and limit the negative consequences of inappropriate prescribing and contribute to safeguarding the health of Mexicans, have seen fit to issue the following: agreement by which is determine the guidelines which will be holding LAVENTA and DISPENSATION of ANTIBIOTICOSPRIMERO.-to provisions in articles 226 the fraction IV and last paragraph and227 of the General health law, sale and dispensing of antibiotics should carry out exclusively against the display of the corresponding medical prescription, which must be drawn up in accordance with articles 31 and 32 of the regulation of inputs for health, in accordance with the following provisions: I.-when in the case of generic drugs must enter the generic name andIf you wish, you can indicate your preference distinctive name; II.-in all other cases may express the distinctive denomination or jointly designations generic and distinctive, yIII-prescription in public institutions shall conform to that in each one of them is designated must be used in all cases only the generic denominations of antibiotics included in the basic box of supplies for the first level of care or in the catalogue of inputs for the second and third level. By exception, and with the authorization corresponding, other antibiotics may be prescribed.The above regardless of other applicable provisions must be observed.SECOND.-in effect ensure the provisions of the preceding paragraph, any establishment that sells or dispense antibiotics retail users and the public in general, should: I. Take a register in which all are seated and each of the following information: a. date of adquisicionb. the date of sale, dispensation or disposal of the antibioticoc. the distinctive denomination of the antibiotic he concerned and/or generic name in case necesariod. the presentation of the antibioticoe. the quantity purchased, sold, dispensed or desechadaf. name that prescribes the recipe, number of professional identity and place of residence, this will apply when it is no longer retained the recipe, in the case of retention of the same, do without these three data but shall refer to the retained recipe, using a consecutive number which correlate the log and the recipe respectiva.II. All retained recipe and their corresponding registration shall be kept for a period of 365 days.III. whenever the antibiotic dispensed must be sealed the recipe indicating therein the quantity sold and the date of the sale. At the time of exhaustion the amount of antibiotics prescribed, the recipe be retained by the establishment, yIV. Recipe must only be filled within the time duration of the indicated treatment as required by article 30 of the regulation of inputs to the Salud.TERCERO.-the Federal Commission for protection against health risks, will publish and keep updated the list of antibiotics by generic denomination, or distinctive and generic, they will be subject to this control, for public consultation in its electronic Internet.CUARTO.-portal instructs the Federal Commission for protection against health risks, so in coordination with the health authorities of federal entities and the scope of their respective competencies, to carry out surveillance of the provisions laid down in the present Acuerdo.TRANSITORIOUNICO. This agreement shall enter into force 90 days after its publication in the official journal of the Federacion.en Mexico, Federal District, the seventeenth day of the month of may of two thousand ten.-the Secretary of health José Angel Córdova Villalobos-Rúbrica.

Bob Durrell
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-29-2014 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
The fact you can't or won't read plain English astounds me, Oh Scholar. Just when did this 'crackdown' happen? In the last 3 months??? That's the last time I bought Keflex for a friend....

Mute point methinks.

I think you were struggling for the word moot.
SuiGeneris

[*] posted on 4-16-2015 at 12:14 PM
Dr. Esquer

Hello Dr.
Do you know if Dr. Esquer will treat my wife's migraines...we're in the ER right now and need to find a doctor who will prescribe her pain medication that works...
Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
Go see Dr. Raymundo Esquer in Maneadero, southern Ensenada, for all your narcotic pain medication needs. He has a controlled substance license and many Americans see him on a regular basis for pain control. Please start posting your healthcare questions in the Baja Health and Wellness category on this board thanks. By the way, the narcotics or controlled substances are much more expensive in Mexico.

[Edited on 6-25-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2015 at 03:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SuiGeneris  
Hello Dr.
Do you know if Dr. Esquer will treat my wife's migraines...we're in the ER right now and need to find a doctor who will prescribe her pain medication that works...
Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
Go see Dr. Raymundo Esquer in Maneadero, southern Ensenada, for all your narcotic pain medication needs. He has a controlled substance license and many Americans see him on a regular basis for pain control. Please start posting your healthcare questions in the Baja Health and Wellness category on this board thanks. By the way, the narcotics or controlled substances are much more expensive in Mexico.

[Edited on 6-25-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

Going back a few years but Tonapan, a cafergot that was not available in U.S. worked fine for her and she had frequent, horrible migraines.

She asked her U.S. Dr. about it when we returned and he said O.K.

There are side effects if your wife is taking protease inhibitors or macrolide antibiotics so check with Dr. on that.

That was the ONLY med that ever worked for her body chemistry and it was a lifesaver.

Sorry for the pain your lady is experiencing, I am aware that it is excruciating.

ON EDIT: Tonopan was OTC in Sahuayo at that. Don't know about now.

[Edited on 4-16-2015 by Cisco]
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2015 at 03:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_B._Toklas

Thanks for the pic about 'Alice's Restaurant' and Arlo Guthrie's rambling ode to himself and arrest for "LITTERING.... AND CREATING A NUICANCE".

My fudge brownie recipe is still descended (in theory and heart) from Alice B. Tolkas, who (as Wiki states) made her "HASCHICH FUDGE'' recipe published in 1954!! Too cool, you go gurl !!
:wow:

[Edited on 6-27-2014 by bajabuddha]

OMG! You mean she and Gertrude would get high and make out?

SHAMEFUL!

Interestingly she and Gertrude had German soldiers change a tire for them in the south of France during the war. They were never detected as Jews.

Yes, I have her cookbook also.

BB there is a sub-lingual oil that does not contain THC which may help you. It is a derivative and used more for depression but good for pain also.

Very good anti-depressant I am told.

Later...
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 4-17-2015 at 05:27 PM

Ah back on the subject of Dr. Esquer.....first of all, SuiGeneris, what ER are you in? The drug of choice in Mexico anyway for migraine headaches is Imitrex, generic sumatriptan but I have had patients tell me that it is ineffective. I am sure, being the good doctor that Dr. Esquer is, he will not just start writing for narcotics. He like many good doctors will take a history and physical, and find out which medications work for the patient and which won't. I am sure he will find the right medication for your wife, take a trip to Maneadero and see him.

[Edited on 4-18-2015 by EnsenadaDr]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2015 at 09:12 PM

even if you cancelled medicare -surely you can get it back?

best of luck to the migraine lady -I had a couple when I started menopause....talk about pain! My gosh.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 12:55 PM
pain meds

Contary to popular belief, getting pain meds in mex is a b-tch !! few docters have the special stamp (sello) and few pharmas have the drugs..I went fron guatamala up to texas with flesh eating disease (Thanks Costa Rica) and had a mex script after many days of BS and then to find VERY few pharmacias had Valum,let alone Vics
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 4-18-2015 at 01:37 PM

Was lucky ... we were at 44.5 km ... and was able to use a mail service the entire time and was able to buy without a prescreption .. Hydrocodone ... Xanax ...

Only concern, was quality control of the "manufacture" :biggrin::biggrin: ... which in this case, was just fine

Stayed with med's from stateside ... for that reason

Good luck to those that need it ... As it does become part of some's life ... until ___________

[Edited on 4-18-2015 by wessongroup]
SuiGeneris

[*] posted on 4-20-2015 at 01:05 PM

Thanks to all of your help for my wife! She's had migraines since childhood and has tried just about every treatment out there including Chiropractic (who ended up breaking her neck). We have been together eight years now and I see the suffering which breaks my heart. Her doctor was prescribing Vicodin which helped if caught in time and then we moved so now having trouble finding a doctor to prescribe them.

Hi EnsenadaDr, the ER was Sharp Chula Vista which gave her Morphine IV which did not help and then Diluadid which finally brought on some relief. She was screaming in agony and the ER doctor discharged her with a script for 8 (eight) Percocets? I'm seeking a doctor who will treat her condition seriously and not push meds that have failed in the past (such as Imitrex). She's fifty now and deserves more quality of life - In Gratitude, SuiGeneris
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 4-20-2015 at 02:36 PM

My friend has suffered from severe migraines most of her life too. She now receives Botox injections in her scalp every three months. The injections are approved and covered by her health insurance. She said it has been a life saver.

Maybe your wife could find a doctor that specializes in this.

Good Luck.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.