BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Hughes Net Help in Mulege??
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 8-18-2014 at 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RussAny ideas why suddenly my lights have gone out on two modems? How do I readjust the dish without lights? When are you coming to this area? All help is appreciated MUCHO.
You can't readjust an HN system using the lights. You need a meter, or you could use the meter inside the modem registration screens if you have a helper and walkie talkies and you know what satellite you're looking for.

I'm coming down for a week early September but I'm already booked for San Juanico doing VSAT and cell phone booster installs.

Quote:
Originally posted by Russbcstech, Maybe I can have some one take it (the modem) up and mail it to you? and then you could mail it back and someone could bring it back? I have two. could you service both and flag the one to be used? Or... if you have a modem you can set up for me a friend is coming down in a week or two. russinbaja@mac.com
You shouldn't need to send modems north and south just to test them. Anyone with a working system already pointed at an HN sat should be able to do that. Also, Jose Davila in Loreto may be available to help: Mx cell: 613 111 9779. US # 619 534 6401, Email: josedavilav [- at -] gmail.com

[Edited on 8-18-2014 by BCSTech]

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

News For The Left Coast of Baja:
The Baja Western Onion
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2014 at 06:35 AM

No lights = no install page. That is my first concern now. Nothing comes up. I have done installs before just haven't been the one adjusting the antenna. Is it possible that the antenna moved after the last time it was aimed and that's why I haven't any lights on either modems?

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2014 at 06:43 AM

You should still be able to get into the install pages if you have a POWER and LAN light lit.

Are you saying you now have 0 lights?

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

The Baja Western Onion
CaboSAT

[*] posted on 8-18-2014 at 10:09 AM
BCS, Hughesnet Tech

If you are having trouble with your Hughesnet system, whether it be lost signal, parts, or your system has lost it's authorization, we can help....U.S.A certified Hughesnet Tech, serving BCS,
These systems must be serviced and installed with qualified tech's using proper equipment to be able to switch satellites etc....we have in stock all parts and supplies to repair any situation. If you would like to book an appointment please call
6241298501, thanks, Lamoyne ( CaboSAT )
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2014 at 11:44 AM

Welcome to Nomads Lamoyne! I don't think I could even begin to pronounce that correctly.
Do yo have a tech that services the Mulege area?

CaboSAT

[*] posted on 8-18-2014 at 02:53 PM

Good afternoon Russ, the easiest way to pronounce my name is La-moin
and I am the hughes tech for CaboSAT, here in San Jose del cabo. We have been servicing the lower baja from Cabo to Lapaz, But if we can get a few customers together up in Loreto-Mulege area I would be willing to travel up your way and spend a day or two servicing the area.....and the travel expenses would not be to bad if shared between a few customer's.
Hughes"s has been contacting it's KU customer's and offering to upgrade them too the new KA system, which does not work here. they are really trying to get away from residential 7000 Ku ...if you or anyone else has lost service and have been told they cannot get service again this is not true, We can use your existing equipment as long as the modem is free from any contract we can recommision it and get you up and running again....
Hope your having a great day,
Lamoyne ( CaboSAT, satellite internet & TV )
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2014 at 07:22 PM

Thank you for your responses and I'll keep your info with the others I'm collecting and when folks start showing up again we'll see what we want to do as a group or individually.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 08:55 AM

Russ, also, when Bob Henderson gets back, he is out of Mulege and did a really top-notch job for Lynne and her system. He is an independent installer and does some work for Baja Satelitte. I will try to send an e-mail to him and find out when he is going to return.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 09:16 AM

Thanks Jim. I have a feeling there will be a lot of out of luck Hughes customers here in Punta Chivato. So you may mention that to Bob. He may be very busy recommissioning our service and probably would appreciate a heads up.
edit
Or maybe he can get a system up like you have in San Bruno but for Punta Chivato only so we don't have to put up with the slow downs you're having.

[Edited on 8-19-2014 by Russ]

chivatojoe
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 12:34 PM

Just got back from Chivato and my system is also down... All lights on except "system" Next door neighbors was also down but a new "radio " was installed and he is now back up. Waited to get back to the states to call Hughes and as expected was a phone roulette mess. Really no help unless I'm at unit on a somewhat iffy cell phone connection to play the 40 to 50 minute game. So a local fixit guy like Wayne used to be would be a BIG help...Lets all hope for the best....
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 02:13 PM

not that it might help anyone but I have an HN7000S system that I turned off several years ago... like new everything... I would love to get rid of it sometime and not in the trash.
problem, I don't think Hughesnet will fire it back up now.. and also it is located in central colorado...
we now have a great company thats bouncing internet off radios from mtn to mtn etc... works fantastic... if you can see one of the mtns...
I believe we can pop a signal from Nueve Mulege to Chivato pretty easily..

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 05:14 PM

mtnpop , I'm looking into a system for us here that is similar to what you're talking about. Can you send me any info on that?

BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 07:18 AM

Well, it turns out I may be in Loreto for a few days between the 9th and 12th. Perhaps my local tech there and I will have some time to come up. I can send down some spare parts.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

The Baja Western Onion
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 07:27 AM

What Russ is referring to is someone, say in Mulege, that has a direct sight to the beach at Punta Chivato, can install Infinitum at their house, then with an antenna they shoot the signal to a receiver who also has an antenna on their house at Punta Chivato. But it takes hooking up to Infinitum, through Telmex.

Now comes the rub. Infinitum, through most of the baja, is way oversold and by 2 in the afternoon, speeds slow down to a trickle and some days it is very close to unusable. Telmex is very much aware of the problem but has not chosen to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $300,000 to fix the problem with the microwave dishes spanning the peninsula. So, at this point, not a lot is gained by doing the switch, as the cost involved in getting the antenna, modems, etc., is pretty pricey.

Baja is such a small market for Hughes net that they are certainly not going to do much to make things better for the few customers they have and for the most part they seem to pretty much want those users to go away.

It was fun to be able to talk to some of the real techie guys who were here as consultants for the Boleo mine. They got so frustrated with the service and availability of internet, which was critical for them, that they ended up putting very expensive and sophisticated systems which, for the most part, are beyond the reach of small groups of people for internet dabbling.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BCSTech
Well, it turns out I may be in Loreto for a few days between the 9th and 12th. Perhaps my local tech there and I will have some time to come up. I can send down some spare parts.

Lynne Weiser wants on that schedule and Russ is almost next door.

[Edited on 8-20-2014 by Pescador]

BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PescadorIt was fun to be able to talk to some of the real techie guys who were here as consultants for the Boleo mine. They got so frustrated with the service and availability of internet, which was critical for them, that they ended up putting very expensive and sophisticated systems which, for the most part, are beyond the reach of small groups of people for internet dabbling.
I installed a 1.2 meter V-SAT system there for one of the US contractors. Quite an operation. Had to wear long sleeve shirts, a nylon safety vest, hard hat and steel toed boots in 100° heat for two days. Lost 10 lbs.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

The Baja Western Onion
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 08:02 AM

There are at least 5 others that will be here by that time and may need your help also. 2 others I can get access to to check their service. By the end of the month there will be more subscribers here.

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 10:03 AM

Russ,
I will send a link to your email for the equipment.. we were talking to them last year about a system in our park in town... along with more information.
Interesting that folks still rag on Telemex and infintium internet.... For several years we have used it in town with little problem.... we stream live tv through it along with sometimes more than one computer logged in and can talk on the majicjack with great quality all at the same time... so maybe we are just one of the lucky ones....
about the only spot in Mulege would be from Nueve Mulege if you knew someone that you could use for the base radio.. Bobby at the hotel and i have talked about this some last winter...

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 12:04 PM

Sorry, everyone, we were not able to come up to Chivato. I arrived in Loreto on September 05 and was delayed two days in getting to San Juanico because the road north from Insurgentes had been cut by Hurricane Norbert. Our work in SJ went all the way up to the following Sunday the 13th, when we drove back to Loreto so I could catch a plane home that same day, 1 day ahead of Odile.

I won't be back down anytime soon but I mainly handle equipment and account setups only. However, Jose Davila is in Loreto, and I left him with two. complete new 0.74 meter systems. He can take care of any onsite troubleshooting or replacements. Just this damn weather is keeping everybody from going very far right now.

Wait for Bob H to return, or send me an Email if you want Jose's contact info: eldoradosatellite [- at -] G m a i l dot C O M.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

The Baja Western Onion
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 03:22 PM

I'll be waiting for Bob's return and adventures to Punta Chivato where there are a few of us in need of a good technician.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.