BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Home for Elderly Gentlemen another secret donor and request for photos!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 9-29-2014 at 09:23 PM

u2u is on the top right of each page. click it and send your messages. I don't know about cash, maybe Diane can help there.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2014 at 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maron
Diana T, Woody with a View

New to the site, don't know how to U2U. Would like to mail a cash donation.
You both sound like great, honorable people. Please respond, teach us to U2U and tell us to whom we should send cash, to help the older folks and the young couple.

God Bless

Ron and Mary Ann
B

Ron and Mary Ann,

Thank you. This will take a leap of faith on your part. I have been around here for a while, for better or worse. :biggrin: As you have read in this thread, this home was discovered by our close friends. They, nor does the home have a pay pal account. But cash for food, gas, water, electricity, etc. is very much needed, so here is what one can do if they are willing to trust.

Money can be mailed to us or sent to our pay pal (we will pay any fees) and we will get it to our friends, Penny and Murray for them to use for the home. They would be more than willing to account for every dime.

The way we might get it there is through by sister, Rose, who lives in Costa Brava, Vicente Guerrero, but is more often in the states than are Penny and Murray. She is known to a couple of nomads who don't post often, but will attest to who she is --- one being Irene at Posada Don Diegos in Vicente Guerrero. And my sister is also involved with a home for abused women and their children in that area. https://www.facebook.com/newbeginningsbaja

Cash in any amount would be so appreciated and very well used! The u2us can be a bit confusing --- so my email is trotterjd@hotmail.com

Some donations were sent directly to Penny when she was in the states for a visit, but she is not here very often.

I really hope this works for you! And I hope you can personally visit the home sometime.

Diane

[Edited on 9-30-2014 by DianaT]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2014 at 08:24 PM

Updates

1. For now, I can put cash donations into Penny's US bank account and she can then put the money into Jose Luis' account in Mexico ---- they really need cash for food, food, food, propane, electricity, etc. They can get pretty cheap water from the ejido

2. Penny and my sister are going to work on setting up a donation fund through New Beginnings, the home for the abused women and their children because they already have their tax status. But this will take some time. And they, along with the founder of New Beginnings and some other local organizations are planning on working to come together for mutual support!

3. In Baja, Male Depends are very expensive --- just another thought.

4. One very tall order that I hope to pursue in one way or another are propane heaters. With the construction of that house, the wind goes right through and it gets cold around there. Any ideas in the area of heating would be greatly appreciated.

And THANK you very much to the people who have contacted us privately --- you help and or visit will be greatly appreciated.

Diane
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2014 at 07:37 AM

Thank You Diana,

For your help and effort to get me on the right track......

"mission accomplished!"

I will stop by again, on my next trip to La Paz.
Meeting with Jose Luis and seeing his clean sanctuary made me " high on life"

Karl
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2014 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fernweh
Thank You Diana,

For your help and effort to get me on the right track......

"mission accomplished!"

I will stop by again, on my next trip to La Paz.
Meeting with Jose Luis and seeing his clean sanctuary made me " high on life"

Karl

Wow and wow. Been on the road the last few days and yesterday, an e-mail from a nomad about a monetary donation coming our way made my day.

And today, Karl, you have made my day! We are so happy you made the decision to take that short detour. I LOVE you description of it making you "high on life". One can only hope to be surrounded by such love at the end of life. It also made Penny's day.

Of course, we hope you will pass this on to other friends. Their needs are and will be ongoing!

Again, thank you and thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts about this special home. :yes::yes::yes:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2014 at 01:39 PM

Ron and Mary Ann --- THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

:bounce::bounce:

Poco a poco, donations are coming and are so very needed.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 08:25 PM

Just a quick update for those who have expressed interest, and of course, to maybe find more interest :-)

Our friend, Penny met with the local Delegado, he came to visit the home, and he has promised help. First of all, he is going to help Jose Luis complete the paperwork for some government help. And so far, because of his visit, one of the local big berry corporations donated some used, but very useable kitchen cabinets and counter tops which our friend Murray is going to help install. Such a good thing.

And a nomad is offering help with getting a garden going and possibly a chicken coop, another great thing as the gentlemen who are still able can help with these things.

So besides promised and WELL needed donations in all areas, maybe some of us can help fill up the new cupboards with food staples --- Costco and Smart and Final have so many inexpensive LARGE number 10 cans of food, and of course, the bags of rice and beans.

Recently another of the gentlemen who was quite ill succumbed to pneumonia --- and again while sad, it is also wonderful that he was surrounded by such love and care in his last days. And quickly, there are more needing this care.

Thank you
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2014 at 09:14 PM

may the support continue, we will try and send more $$ next month.

Thanks to all that help however they can

Ron and Mary Ann
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2014 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maron
may the support continue, we will try and send more $$ next month.

Thanks to all that help however they can

Ron and Mary Ann

And another electric bill can be paid, more food, etc. and that will again be a very good thing!

danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 07:26 AM

If anyone will be in, or passing through San Diego on their way south, I can donate food (large quantites from Costco). I'm in North Park, just off 805 at University exit.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 10:09 AM

It is a very good morning. We received an e-mail from someone who is going to shop in Ensenada for the men --- a very good thing.

And NOW

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
If anyone will be in, or passing through San Diego on their way south, I can donate food (large quantites from Costco). I'm in North Park, just off 805 at University exit.

Your previous donation was so appreciated and now this is wonderful.

I sure hope someone will be able to help out with this delivery?? I will also check some other places for possible delivery.

If someone is willing to pick up the food, it can either be delivered directly to the home, or our friends will very excitedly meet you on the highway.

THANK YOU! :bounce::bounce:
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 10:20 AM

I am planning doing a food supply run this Sunday.....
Crossing at San Ysidro approx 7:30 AM.

Karl
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
I am planning doing a food supply run this Sunday.....
Crossing at San Ysidro approx 7:30 AM.

Karl

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Karl, that is FANTASTIC ---

The person who e-mailed and is going next week, asked me to ask Penny if there was anything specific they really needed, and I won't overwhelm anyone with her list. :biggrin: Food and toiletries disappear in a hurry with 12 adults and one child!

I am so happy you stopped by the home on your way north and saw what it is all about. :yes::yes: :saint::yes:
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 03:03 PM

We had contacted Jose Luis a few days ago:

Me dijo que no necesita ropa, solo requiere calzado masculino del numero 7/8 mexicano, 5 pares de zapatos es bueno. Cobijas no necesitan. El aspecto que es mas importante cubrir es la despensa: él dice que necesita arroz, frijol, papas, muchas latas de verduras y todos aquellos alimentos que están enlatados. También les es de utilidad shampoo, pañal de adulto talla mediana y artículos de limpieza para el piso. En lo general, estas son las necesidades básicas de el albergue, lo demás ya está cubierto.

as per Google:

He said he does not need clothes, men's shoes requires only the number 7-8 Mexican, 5 pairs of shoes is good. Blankets do not need. The most important aspect that is covered is the pantry: he says he needs rice, beans, potatoes, vegetables and many cans of all foods that are canned. I also shampoo is useful, adult diaper size medium and cleaning to the floor. In general, these are the basic needs of shelter, everything else is already covered.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 03:59 PM

Quote:
We had contacted Jose Luis a few days ago:

Me dijo que no necesita ropa, solo requiere calzado masculino del numero 7/8 mexicano, 5 pares de zapatos es bueno. Cobijas no necesitan. El aspecto que es mas importante cubrir es la despensa: él dice que necesita arroz, frijol, papas, muchas latas de verduras y todos aquellos alimentos que están enlatados. También les es de utilidad shampoo, pañal de adulto talla mediana y artículos de limpieza para el piso. En lo general, estas son las necesidades básicas de el albergue, lo demás ya está cubierto.

as per Google:

He said he does not need clothes, men's shoes requires only the number 7-8 Mexican, 5 pairs of shoes is good. Blankets do not need. The most important aspect that is covered is the pantry: he says he needs rice, beans, potatoes, vegetables and many cans of all foods that are canned. I also shampoo is useful, adult diaper size medium and cleaning to the floor. In general, these are the basic needs of shelter, everything else is already covered.

Yes, food and toiletries are needed the most and are the priority along with more shoes. But Jose Luis is a bit too humble .......... :yes: And again, THANK YOU. THANK YOU

On edit, I just found out that besides the other clothing donations that have been received, the local Delegado was able to get blankets and more clothes for them! I am so glad that my friend went and got the Delegado involved!

So consumables are definitely the priority as they don't last.

[Edited on 10-23-2014 by DianaT]
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 06:31 PM

Today my friend Penny took a picture of some of the cabinets that came from Driscolls, thanks to the Delegado Penny has involved. Very nice cabinets that now need to be filled with food and other staples There is also a picture of Jose Luis, Angela and their daughter, and a group picture of the care takers and the gentlemen. The tall man in the back is Murray, Penny's husband who just helped Jose Luis hang those cupboards.

[URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/jdtrotter/media/20141023_153149-2_zpsace87ccf.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Anyone headed down who can help deliver more food?

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb

THANKS
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 09:32 PM

Again, may the great Karma shower all who are helping.

God bless the care givers.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2014 at 09:33 PM

:bounce::bounce::bounce::biggrin::bounce::bounce:

A ride for the Costco food from Dana has been found!

Karl, you have a WONDERFUL day.

Edited to thank the correct person --- those K names are just so confusing. :saint:

[Edited on 10-24-2014 by DianaT]
Genecag
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 09:46 AM

We will be going down to la paz and will be stopping by to deliver some goods next Thursday or Friday.

Make it a Great Day!!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2014 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Genecag
We will be going down to la paz and will be stopping by to deliver some goods next Thursday or Friday.

And I read that you are also taking donations for Blanca --- how wonderful, and thank you, thank you.

If possible, and if it is okay, Penny really likes to meet the people who are donating, so if that is okay, please let me know via U2U or e-mail as to when you will be going.
trotterjd@hotmail.com

Then again, if you just want to do this on your own, that is also okay. She gets really excited about donations as they have all become her grandpas!
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.