Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Gringos vs P-nche Gringos
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 07:35 PM
JR.

We will just continue to be "Gringos" and as idiots as we are......in the mean time you still have our addy's so we can keep helping right?
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 07:40 PM

MH. OK, so maybe it is a man of one point and many posts.:lol:
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 07:48 PM
some people

have waaaaaaaay too much time to waste.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 08:21 PM
Me No

I guess we have to interpret both your message and JR's. JR has many "points" (like a spear) in the sense that he seems to love provoking arguments. He has a few "points" (moral issues) he trying to make in convincing people to be more considerate to the locals in Baja. But he is preaching to the choir. The vast majority, like you and me and the most folks we meet in Baja have only the best inttentions.

Then we come to my "points." I try and bury my attitude "points" so the reader isn't caught up in my need to express myself and I have no interest in putting anyone down. And, yes, I am very wordy. But with respect to the "points" of my posts, (the morals if you will) there usually is one. But my style is not to jam it into someone's head. Rather it is to put forth my observations and wierd over-sensitivities as my own without condeming others, as food for thought. I know many readers are bored with what I write but at least I'm not typically criticizing.

So, it turns out, there are two kinds of points (aggressive and moralistic). Both JR and I have these two sets of points. My need to criticize is usually not for this venue (my point No 1); my need to write a story with a moral point is important to me (point No 2). By his style (and I'm not being nasty, only wanting to inform) he is pompous and critical by always using his "me-vs-them" approach (his point No. 1); He always has a good moral point. There is no doubt there are many folks who live a more-than-worthy existance in the hills of Baja that we could do more for.

Like I said, no aggression here, just food for thought.
BajaVida
Senior Nomad

Mood: muy cool

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 08:28 PM
P-nches in general are the problem, regardless of nationality.

los mas P-nches are often fueled by alcohol, drugs or a superiority complex

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 09:35 PM

Isn't gringo the same thing as:

Green Go!

At least thats what i tought.

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:28 PM

This has been too funny....and I will be camping at punta la P-nche gringa early next week.....:no:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:44 PM
Me vs them

Although I just got back from a gringo restaurant, my last gringo meal for a while I might add, and one meal I will never forget. Awesome indeed! Bobby's by the Sea if anyones interested in that rather than this. jejejejeje
"This" being the fact that the things I have to say are what I see as fact. And I see it regularly, not just my perception of what Baja is like from vacationing here more than once. . And I'm not afraid to offend some individuals by stating what I see. Whether it applies to them, I don't know.

The fact is, I am a gringo and generally proud of it as I am an open minded one.
One of the annoying things about this board is the fact that many gringos take anything I say about my own kind (gringos)as an attack. This is not the case.
I see how Jesse, Germanicus, and other "foreigners" are treated when they state their opinions. Some have had the huevos to deal with it and stand up for their opinions and ideas rather than calling others on stuff and then just vanishing without backing up anything they have to say. It happens a LOT on here, right coopers?:lol:
Fact is, I was born in Massachusetts. How much more gringo could I be?
And again, why should I argue about rocket science when all I do is travel throughout Baja seeing and meeting people from all walks of life. Including mostly Mexicans that have spent their lives here.
And I don't think I'm "cool", "better than anyone else", "spectacular" or even doing anything out of the ordinary for most humans.
Quit reading antiamericanism into everything that has the word gringo written in it. You are wrong.

Besides, in a P-nche gringo sort of way, don't you think that if I were a bragger I would be telling yousuns I was one of 10 lead carpenters for the Titanic movie? Or that I sailed a 115' 3 masted schooner from Mindanao to Borneo and had some real adventures in doing so?

Delivering stuff to the rural folks and making comments on what I see in doing so isn't that much of a thrill really.
But, however yall want to take it is certainly up to you.
Hopefully some of you have the intelligence and comprehension to actually read what is being written and give it some serious thought. If that's possible.
Otherwise, teach me a lesson Debra,by not contributing to the folks who could really use help who don't benefit from the most generous tourists who vacation here. And, lock your cars!:lol:
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:51 PM

Jr,

Your un P-nche gringo curada!

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:52 PM
An sides at ya friggen crackers

553 views, and 28 replies since 8:44 this morning:lol:
Get a life:moon:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 10:58 PM
That's a little extreme Jesse but thanks

I've just seen enough of true humanity in different places to have become one. No borders!! No bullchit!!:light:
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 11:47 PM
JR

These are your words:

"Hopefully some of you have the intelligence and comprehension to actually read what is being written and give it some serious thought. If that's possible."

Read your OWN words. Is that a proverb that should be above every Salvation Army collection point? Does your thought really help me feel like I'm doing the right thing for humanity by giving through you? Do you have an ounce of humility?

No.

You just need to feel superior.

Well, amigo, the only folks who need to feel superior are those who internally feel inferior.

You don't need to put others down to build yourself up.

The stuff you're doing in the byways of Baja is great. But your peeing gripes about the rest of us make me wonder. Why do you do these good things?

A person who helps others only to promote himself is sick. A person who has a need to tear down good folks with the right intentions, under any circumstances, is sick.

The bottom line is this. A while back and on several occasions, you were soliciting support from many of us. Do you remember? You got contributions from a number of the folks on this board. Do you think that by criticizing these same people, who only spend occasional time in Baja, who only vacation there, that you are likely to be encouraging us now to contribute? While you are chewing on our legs???

I am always helpful to anyone when I can be. I and my many friends do whatever we can for any friends we have in Baja. That is also a common theme on this and most Baja boards with few exceptions.

But you have a personal need that constantly rings through many of your posts.

You need to put down others and promote yourself as some self-righteous good deed doer.

You are no different than the average reader and visitor to Baja. The vast majority of humanity wants to help those in need. You only cause disparagement with your constant negativity.

Where will you fit when you are content with yourself?

bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 11:48 PM

Just curious..... How do you have time to serve humility, and delve into all the aspects of Baja humanity, and still share your expertise here? All I see is your constant bereavement of almost every friendly post on here. It seems like you are spending all your time here, on the Nomad site, instead of getting your "patriotic" message out to the public, to help your fellow citizens in Baja. I think the rest of us (pendajos, P-nche gringos) are doing more to help than you are...I just don't get it......Wayno
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-21-2004 at 11:58 PM

There's a really great book, written many years ago by Dale Carnegie called 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'... Everybody should read it... everybody.:yes::yes::yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:00 AM
If the huarache fits

and I certainly don't know which of you it does, I suppose I would pee myself off if what I say applied to me.
There you go again Mikey. First it was anti-american with your spew, now I'm being into myself.
Perhaps you should try something besides the boxed whine and quit threatening with the donation crap.
I do it because I care for the people. So does everyone else that contributes and they don't keep bringing it up!
If you want to use a different messenger to help the people, have at it. Or maybe even do it yourself. I'm sure all the CCG's will think you are awesome.
In the mean time, you are full of chit if you think I'm in it for credit from a bunch of tourists like yourself.
pee off P-nche tourista.:biggrin:
bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:03 AM

Wow....... what an idiot......
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:04 AM

It is interesting how gringos are able to deride themselves. There are not a whole lot of ethnic groups who have the luxury to do such a thing.

The last thing I would want to have to do is totally abandon my just-for-the-hell-of-it gringo mentality. I believe it's ok to be a little bit crazy, but some respect is in order; it doesn't take a lot either.

Probably the all time, ultimate example of what we would call a gringo was Mark Twain.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:10 AM
And being an idiot

that just cares about credit from the tourists and knows nothing of Baja, lock your cars dudes!

bbbait
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:19 AM

JR.... Bingo!!! Read my post above. Just stir s..t up, don't bother to do anything about it................
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:44 AM
JR

Most of us love to help when help is needed. We don't need to be asked, we're just there, to aid a driver broken down on the side of a road or a family living in the outback that we can assist with castoff clothing. We do it out of a need to contribute in this world full of wants. We have about the most a world could hope for. We have a built in need to be supportive. We want and need to contribute.

But we don't have to put others down.

You constantly berate almost everyone on this board because we enjoy Baja.

What you need to do, rather than responding to this thread, is to spend some serious time asking yourself why it is that you have a need to put others down.

Build a bridge and be the first to cross it because it will help others.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.