Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Immigration Check Points Mexciali to San Felipe
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 07:36 PM

Ouch

I have been wounded:o

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
You both look in the mirror,then you will person needs meds. Dont like other peoples opinions.To bad. To knock David for his opinions. again to bad.Thats what he thinks,All your hog wash,is just that.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but you may want to do a quick edit so this mesh of words can coherently work together?

I can't read jiberish
But after to many Tequilas I have been known to speak it fluently :lol:

[Edited on 3-30-2015 by CortezBlue]

[Edited on 3-30-2015 by CortezBlue]

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-29-2015 at 09:39 PM

Im sure you get my drift.Whats hog wash.Ok Mexico wants to do checks on Visa/permits.Do you think there hit and miss (last big check 20years ago) Makes a diff. Not what so ever,the minuet the tourists b-tch.Then hotels,stores,little tourism stops.Then they stop checking.History repeats in Mexico.There is nothing wrong,with them doing it.The way they do it,is not worth the effort. All I want to say is.For any of you that visit Baja, but dont live here full time.The people > working people,since new tax,all goods up.Are hurting real bad.They could do lot better,making the ranchers.Pay them little more money to live.Instead of wasting hit and miss money.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 02:24 AM

Reading through this thread I can't help thinking about the fact that visas are not needed by Americans vacationing in Canada and the European Union for short periods of time (3 months?).

What is Mexico accomplishing with requiring these visas? What's the purpose of the law?

Especially the free 7 day visa. What good is that? IMHO it's just plain dumb. It's an impediment to weekenders thereby hurting business and it costs money to issue them.

:?::?::?:

[Edited on 3-30-2015 by SFandH]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 07:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I would venture to say the purpose of the law is to extract money from tourists.
But, I am not a deep thinker.

Sure, plus it's a way of raising money from foreigners only, not angering the citizens.

OK, it's not a visa that somehow "controls" immigration, it's an entry fee and you need to have a receipt showing you paid. Let's call a spade a spade.

Thanks now I understand.

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 07:37 AM

Many countries around the world have a "Departure Tax" You wanna leave, you gotta paya da tax!

After traveling the world in my career, I just don't see the problem with goin with the flow and following the other countries rules. As a Capt flying around the world, I had to keep up with all this &**^ and make sure EVERYONE on my airplane complied because if they didn't the ^%$# fell on me.

The "good ol' days are gone folks. 9/11 made sure of that. There is a cost to tourism to the host country that has to be paid for. I'm not going into if the money ever gets to where it was supposed to be going but they have their rules and we as visitors need to follow them.

It's no different than using US dollars than the local currency. Try that anywhere in the world and see where you get.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
I would venture to say the purpose of the law is to extract money from tourists.
But, I am not a deep thinker.

The tax structure is so much different here.
I am learning about business here and funding sources are vastly different than we are used to NOB.
I see a concerted effort in the last few years to change who is traveling down here.... and, I'm OK with it.

Bottom line is, you wanna play SOB you gotta pay.

However, I've been wrong plenty.

Immigration along the southern border is to control the entry of workers from Central and South America I believe. For consistency, that may impact enforcement along its Northern border.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 09:22 PM

I think it is pretty simple

Everyone has had an opinion regarding border issues with Canada and Mexico

Which, in it self, is a totally different issue.

We have friendly relationships with Canada and a fairly easy border process to get in and out of USA and Canada

Mexico, not so much. We have broadcast all of the negatives having Mexicans and central american's crossing the border.

We keep talking about the "Death Train" hauling central americans through Mexico and into the USA

So, Mexico is playing both sides of the fence. In one breath they are sending a message that they are turning up the pressure to check for "Legal" travelers in Mexico.

At the same time, while cracking down, they are checking for legal traveling by folks from the north.

Also, Mexico is well aware of the USA checking ID's of Mexicano's to make sure they are legal.

So essentially, it is a you "F" us and we are going to "F" you.

It is a game! Grab your playing pieces and roll the dice.

Your turn is next

- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

Lee
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 06:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CortezBlue  

Your turn is next

Buy your ticket take your chances. Thought it's always been that way.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 06:49 AM

We have friendly relationships with Canada and a fairly easy border process to get in and out of USA and Canada

Mexico, not so much. We have broadcast all of the negatives having Mexicans and central american's crossing the border.

We keep talking about the "Death Train" hauling central americans through Mexico and into the USA

So, Mexico is playing both sides of the fence. In one breath they are sending a message that they are turning up the pressure to check for "Legal" travelers in Mexico.

At the same time, while cracking down, they are checking for legal traveling by folks from the north.

Also, Mexico is well aware of the USA checking ID's of Mexicano's to make sure they are legal.

Your turn is next

When it comes to visas, you think that mexico is just flocking with you. Crikey! You people are ridiculous!

When you say ridiculous things like that I do hope they flock with you!
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 07:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Your turn is next

When it comes to visas, you think that mexico is just flocking with you. Crikey! You people are ridiculous!

No I think the recent changes in INM making stops and going into campos asking for documentation, is them "F" ing with us.

I have been "legally" in Mexico for 10 years and I never saw INM stopping people to check papers.

- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 07:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Reading through this thread I can't help thinking about the fact that visas are not needed by Americans vacationing in Canada and the European Union for short periods of time (3 months?).

What is Mexico accomplishing with requiring these visas? What's the purpose of the law?

Especially the free 7 day visa. What good is that? IMHO it's just plain dumb. It's an impediment to weekenders thereby hurting business and it costs money to issue them.

:?::?::?:

good point!:yes:
akshadow
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 08:33 PM
revenue measure

Most of the tourist immigration rules are based on air travel. I think you pay the FMM fee whenever you fly in if you are not a resident. It is a real money maker with no effort on the governments part. The fact that the regulations, laws and practices are not very workable at the land crossings is not really a concern of the central Mexican government.

Ron San Felipe Oct, Nov. Feb. Mar. April. remainder in Juneau Ak
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 07:00 AM

If you were a mexican trying to go to the U.S. the wait to get a visa is about a year and it is a real pain in the b...t to get. I just had a friend go thru it. Everyone wants to complain about the Mexican government but at least it is just a small inconvenience for us. If a mexican citizen could get into the U.S. as easy as we can go to Mexico there might be a lot less illegals in the US. We are quick to complain about the illegals in the US but want the Mexican government to just let us in with nothing.
There country There rules
Follow them or suffer the consequences.

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-1-2015 at 07:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Your turn is next

No I think the recent changes in INM making stops and going into campos asking for documentation, is them "F" ing with us.

I have been "legally" in Mexico for 10 years and I never saw INM stopping people to check papers.

Things change. Your conclusion that they are flocking with gringos is probably wrong. I really don't see the local immigration or DF immigration people doing their jobs just to flock with you.

Change is happening in mexico. Things are going digital. Modernization marches on You may have seen changes in banking, taxes, immigration, etc.
it's not all about you.
Enforcement is happening. Rules are rules. You know, many Mexicans like the idea of enforcement, as long as the rules are applied uniformly and predictably. Heck, they are even trying to stamp out corruption of the police forces,... Change is happening and it's not all about you.

Get ready for immigration 2.0, the system is going online in next year or 2. Tourists will soon be able to do visa paperwork online. And not, this is not just because they are wanting to flock with you!
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2015 at 03:44 PM

Perhaps the ones being turned around are telling the officials that their destinations are beyond San Felipe.....that requires proper paperwork. This town is know to be a zone for 7 days to enjoy......so it has been and shall be for time to come. This past week in SF has been amazing. Clean beaches to clean streets as the sanitation crews are out in full force. Police are going up every campos for security checks. Police are in full force and making it well known along the Mex5. There is a crew working currently along K66 fixing the potholes and cracks. San Felipe a shethole? Nada.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2015 at 07:59 PM

I will be interested to see if the inforcement is continued during Semana Santa
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2015 at 08:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
I will be interested to see if the inforcement is continued during Semana Santa

29 March 6Apr. You are in it now.
Zola
Nomad

Mood: Enthusiastic

[*] posted on 4-2-2015 at 11:17 PM

We just drove down to BCS, passing through Mexicali. We were flagged by immigration at the border and obliged to obtain a visa. The immigration officers were exemplary and professional. Since we will be here for several months, we had to get a visa for six months. The only complication is worth noting: To pay the fee, which is really low, you have to walk down to the Bancomer and stand in line, which was really long and moved really slowly. Depending on when you arrive, you might have to stand in line for an hour or longer to pay for your long-term visa.

Of course Mexico has the right to enforce reasonable immigration restrictions, just like the US, which, in contrast, imposes unreasonable restrictions that make life oppressive for millions of Mexicans who mostly seek to come to the US only to work hard at jobs that gringos don't want or do poorly if they bother to show up. But I digress into troubled waters.

As for the Mexico 5, it is a great drive, but I do not think it is an option unless you have a serious off-road vehicle for the washboard road that links it to the Mexico 1. Amazingly, I saw trucks traveling this road at night, but they traveled in small convoys with their own personal road-graders in tow. The road is no big deal, but has some serious rocks and cannot be good for regular civilian cars and trailers.

But then again I have a motive for saying so :)
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.