BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  18
Author: Subject: UPDATED: Saltwater intrusion on east coast (link)
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Have I been nasty or insulted you personally because you fall for the populist ideas... that are 180º different from the populist ideas of the 1970's?

Wow David, you need to take a break here.

You hi-jacked this thread turning it, once again, into a political debate.

Every time you bring up ''Big Government'' (TV buzz word for Democrats), money earmarked for education going to the ''administration'' (read Democrats), and ''union perks'' (read Democrats), I think you are preaching to those who you think are less informed than you.

That is the point of my posts, to counter those who would take away your freedoms over a hoax that serves only to gain them power and line their pockets. Resist Big Government!
[Edited on 8-27-2015 by David K]

Your continue to think you are here to ''enlighten'' and ''educate'' (your words) other nomads while promoting a Republican Tea Party agenda.

I think both political parties suck. That includes the politics you continue to insult this forum with.

And by the way, your Palm Tree photos look photo shopped.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 09:36 PM

Thread is about sea level rising...

other than normal tidal movement... it isn't to any scary point.

Why are the photos I posted bothering the man-caused-climate-hoax deniers?

Not ONE person here has posted a photo of an immovable object 30, 40, 50, or 60 years ago, next to the ocean, that is now in the ocean.

Can I get an amen brother?

Good night amigos!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 09:46 PM

You have a point David K.
Some people like to panic and terrorize themselves.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 10:13 PM

How about the "Planet" ... would that count :biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/sod/lsa/SeaLevelRise/

Considering this movement is being measured in millimeters and/or centimeters ... One wouldn't expect to even notice it ... at low tide or high tide ... just saying

Ain't that "big" of change ... but those, ppm, ppb, ppt et al ... all tend to add up over time

BTW ... hoping I'm wrong and it all just goes away ... that would be much easier

Someone mentioned Global Cooling ... there were two theories back in the late 60's and early 70's ... one cooling one warming ... I took warming, followed by cooling .... a cycle ... just talking how much on the extreme's and time frame which exist within the Quantum Foam

Have a good weekend for all you retired folks :):)

[Edited on 9-2-2015 by wessongroup]
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 9-1-2015 at 10:24 PM

"Yup, it's dead alrighty."

NEIGH !! NEIGH !!"

Get it? :?: :smug:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 02:56 AM

I think DK telling all of us, that we need to be educated and enlightened by HIM is kind of a hoot....We have all been relegated to the dumbed down masses......and it's up to him to save us? Seminar workshop went well on Sunday...Money is a little tighter this year but we got 6+ miles of pledges to restore habitat on 2 rivers....Work teams got organized and over the next year we'll git er dun. A lot of that will consist of removing non native stuff, that was planted in good faith years ago and is now just sucking up and retaining water. Russian Olive, various willows....We'll be making parts of the rivers crooked again where they got straightened...One of the rivers receiving attention will be the "Republican River"...so named according to local lore, because it was "so damned crooked"....Surgery at 11....

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 07:26 AM

No Chuck, I am asking you to use your own eyes and see for yourself. It has nothing to do with what I believe.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JG
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 08:00 AM
Republican River

Republican City, in south central Nebraska, is the only town by this name in the world. A historical marker down the river in Kansas says "...French traders in the late 1700s named [the Indians] along the river the Republican Pawnee" in the mistaken belief that they had a republic-type government. The Republican River, Republican City, and Republic County and Republic in Kansas, were all named for these Indians.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 08:18 AM

Don't worry DK ... I find this like sitting around a campfire, at night and shooting the bull ... everyone gets a voice at my campfire ... however weapons are left in the car or truck

I don't take it personal ... and try to keep it clean

Just enjoy the chatter ... As I know I'm not going to make any real difference even if I went native been talking about this one for around 50 years ... our environment :):)

And what fun would it be ... IF everyone agreed :lol::lol:

Much like which is better ...a Ford or a Toyota to me :):)

As I agree what are "people" going to do ... other than vote

And voting results is then put into the "hopper" in DC or with the IMF .. et al or ruled on by the Supreme Court ...and what do we get ... ask Bama on his Coal Emissions

Comprise based on Economics .... which is driven by human's wish to survive at a level of life that human's deem as "reasonable"

Which is somewhat different than Natural Evolution which has occurred historically IMHO

About the only truly visible changes we are seeing right now ... migration of the human populations from areas which have become uninhabitable to area which are and good luck with that one

And to some this thread my be dead ... but, the environment in which we live is not .... Yet

So toss another log on the fire ... It's all part of the Quantum Foam after all :biggrin::biggrin:
bajacamper
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 08:35 AM

Finally, a bit of enlightened thought as we put this goofiness to rest. Thank you.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 09:26 AM

Yes, thank you... Have a great day!:cool:

Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 11:49 AM

Thanks for the last few cordial/friendly posts.

Seems like a good way to conclude discussion on this topic.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 11:57 AM

No Chuck, I am asking you to use your own eyes and see for yourself. It has nothing to do with what I believe.

Why don't you believe Chuckie is seeing with his own eyes, David? You imply that he does not see but you do. This is condescending and disrespectful.

Accept that Chuckie is capable of seeing climate change taking place, and that you might be wrong.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 01:34 PM
A car wreck of a thread

I shouldn't look but I do.

From the report in the original post:

---------------------------------------------
Global sea levels have risen an average of 3 inches over nearly a quarter century, but not along the West Coast.

Long-term natural cycles there are hiding the impact of global warming.

In the long run we expect sea levels to catch up to the global mean and even exceed it," Willis says. "People need to be prepared for sea level rise. It's not a question of how much, but when."
---------------------------------------------------

So David K, your observations and the scientist's observations on the west coast sea-level rise agree. No need to post your palm tree pics anymore.

For sea-level rise, the issue is what is predicted to happen over the next several decades, not what has happened to date.

Yogi Berra - "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."

Some Americans don't believe the predictions, some do.

Some, probably most, like me, say, "personally I don't know, I'll go along with what the experts say"

Who are the experts you ask?

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

[Edited on 9-2-2015 by SFandH]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 02:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

Some Americans don't believe the predictions, some do.

Some, probably most, like me, say, "personally I don't know, I'll go along with what the experts say"

Who are the experts you ask?

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Thank you for your intelligent post.

My opinion, which I've not posted, is the same as what you've concluded. That is, I don't know either. I know what I read and see on TV. And I have a close friend who is a Ph.D. physicist, retired from NOAA/NCAR, who thinks things are on track for a train wreck. I still don't know. And since I'm apolitical, it's almost a non-issue for me. I care but what can I do?

And any propaganda talk about hoaxes and Democratic scams, union perks, etc., is subjective opinion. And NO there is no conspiracy theory of scientists putting one over on us. But that's just my opinion and don't know that for a fact. Just doesn't sound right to me.

Regarding the destruction of civilization, I've read the sun will burn out in 5 billion years so yes there is something to be concerned about. Some probably lose sleep knowing this is being predicted.

I wish the planet the best and when I'm dead in 20 years or so, I won't have an opinion on anything. Fine with me. (But I do think people will be leaving California in droves because of the drought, and of course, when the Big One comes, Colorado will be ocean front. Maybe not.)

F*ck it.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 02:20 PM

The problem with the NASA dire prediction is that while they say we had 3 inches rise in 23 years from 1992-2015 (about 3mm a year) which is consistent with 80 years ago and not an anomaly, their prediction is that the sea will rise 3 feet in a 100 year period, which is an exponential increase requiring 10mm per year and not based on any science or data.

IPCC, NASA, NOAA, EPA keep making dire predictions about disasters and none come true and their leaders continue to fly around in jets buying waterfront property. Who would be foolish enough to give any credibility to such nonsense?

Worse, geo-engineering spraying of aerosolized aluminum, barium and salts among other materials to manipulate weather is poisoning the earth and permanently destroying the ionosphere our food supply and our health.

Lack of critical thought about "predictions" is truly frightening, worse is the tendency of some Nomads to hurl insults while refusing to even look at the data set, nor read the contents of the studies with a critical perspective.

This is what is known as bad science.

NOAA doesn't agree with NASA. Here NOAA says the actual overall sea level rise is actually 1.7-1.8mm year not 3mm based on the last 30-40 years. Follow the link http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/globalregional.htm

It is also true that land rises and falls and satellites and gauges are not always reliable. This NOAA reading of sea level rise of 1.4mm/yr from a rock in the pacific may be the most relevant for Nomads. http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_station.s...

Reminder: Government lies. Use logic.

[Edited on 9-2-2015 by gnukid]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 03:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
I shouldn't look but I do.

---------------------------------------------------

So David K, your observations and the scientist's observations on the west coast sea-level rise agree. No need to post your palm tree pics anymore.

No need you say, but I hope Lee can see...
I do love it when facts cause this kind of travesty to popular thinking. It really is about what is, and not what might be.

Have a wonderful evening Nomads... keep your feet dry! :light::lol:

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2015 at 03:44 PM

Former Defense Industry Technician clearly explains how aerosol aluminum spray alters weather.

[Edited on 9-2-2015 by gnukid]
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 08:47 AM

NASA research shows world sea levels rising unevenly

http://www.ktuu.com/news/news/nasa-research-shows-rising-sea...

Appears this might be the reason those folks in Alaska are going to have to move

"perfect climate change victim in Alaska"

With pictures ... :biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-finds-perfect-climate-chan...

Suppose this is why when considering "Planetary" change, it's a good idea to take into account the entire planet, rather than focus on just one area and draw "Global" conclusions ... HUH :):)

Sept. is starting off cool here .. usual weather in SoCal this summer ... June Doom and Gloom ... not ...July really not hot ... August not that hot either and with marine layer showing up too in July, Aug and now Sep ... overcast as I type ... which is very unusual for this area

[Edited on 9-3-2015 by wessongroup]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 09:00 AM

Sounds like the term 'above sea level' for measuring elevations around the world is no longer a good global standard... if the sea is not level?

Will the air bubble in level gauges need special calibration for these 'gravitationally challenged' places?

Thank you for the post!

Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12  ..  18

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.