BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Abandoned Stone Building & Adobe near San Miguel?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 06:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
You use political beliefs as a reason for many of your negative posts. No problem, it's what you do. I am able to separate politics from friendships and don't hold the views by some (that government should run our lives and that we are too stupid to know the best way to live for our families) against being civil with them. I have many friends who probably vote the way you do, and we are nice to each other.

My job (irrigation) is the same I have had for 36 years. The economy is still devastated by the non-growth the past 8 years, no jobs yet this week. So, I am doing more writing/ researching/ etc. from home.

You're funny David:lol: Plenty of jobs out there...if you're willing to work.

Drinking the Kool-aid or not aware of the non-government world?

Thanks to a lapdog media, many may not be aware that we are in:

The worst economy in generations with one in five out of work, more on part-time instead of full-time(thanks Obamacare), more adults living at their parents' homes, more on food stamps and other assistance, the most years with under 3% growth under this president as any other before him... and the most DEBT in this president's term than all the previous presidents COMBINED... that's since George Washington.

Politics again David? And where do you get your data if its not from the media? Our economy is doing better after the recession that was caused by the republicans. There are job opportunities out there if you want one. Our debt is high because of the wars that were started under a republican misinformed (or misguided) president. Non of the job market data has anything to do with health care unless of course you are a Trump supporter and need to make up some numbers.

AGAIN...what happened to the job you had. Not the Trump "your fired"?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 06:19 PM

I have new jobs all the time... I had one today in Carlsbad replacing two valves. I am working, it is just at 1/3 the amount of work as it was under Republican leadership even after we were attacked with more killed than at Peral Harbor... and civilians at work. Why is it Democrats don't care about security and justice to stop these killings of civilians. 50 dead in Orlando from the gun of a registered Democrat/ Hillary supporter. The democrats are deflecting the truth and blaming Republicans and gun ownership. That is pathetic.

{note to salttram: I will delete these off topic replies soon, sorry for the behavior of some here who like to silence ideas that don't fit their agenda... I challenge the others to also delete their drama}

just to save this to the archives.....;)

[Edited on 6-22-2016 by willardguy]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 06:19 PM

If you agree that they are trying to wreck the American economy to maintain a power grip, then stand with me when the BS is posted.

Where do you right wingnuts get the idea that liberals are deliberately trying to wreck
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 06:31 PM

Everyone ELSE is to blame for DK's Woes..

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 06:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Everyone ELSE is to blame for DK's Woes..

Not everyone. Just liberals.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
I have new jobs all the time... I had one today in Carlsbad replacing two valves. I am working, it is just at 1/3 the amount of work as it was under Republican leadership

did it ever enter your mind that the reluctance of spending money has something to do with market crash in 07/08? People losing their homes and stuff? Caused by the gambling bankers? They must all be registered Democrats. I bet either Hilary or Obama are behind that. Just to make you work less. The government loves that, because then they have less work collecting taxes.

David had a job that paid more than just under the table wages....He told us a couple of months ago that was the reason he could not post as often (cheer). He could have put some more money in the economy as well as build up a little for retirement (better late than never). I suspect his boss was a democrat.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 07:55 PM
Salttram, what were you thinking?

This forum is supposed to be about Baja, but here we are, arguing politics!

What's that....all you wanted was information about some remote Baja buildings?

I apologize, and hope some one is still willing to add any useful info to this out of control thread.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 08:06 PM

The new democrat majority elected in 2006 passed the Chris Dodd/Barney Frank's bill that forced banks to lend to otherwise unqualified people. The idea that everyone had some kind of right to own a house was an unmitigated disaster. That my friends began the financial mess.

So did the bankers cause it or the government? I think the banks handed out the money to all those self employed people who swore they were making a lot of money....wink, wink.

David, I referred work your way and you turned it down saying it wasn't worth your time. Find a Home Depot and start hustling amigo.

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 08:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
This forum is supposed to be about Baja, but here we are, arguing politics!

What's that....all you wanted was information about some remote Baja buildings?

I apologize, and hope some one is still willing to add any useful info to this out of control thread.

Thank you, AKgringo!

This thread got ruined by all the BS posted here.... way to go guys. I guess you guys can't help yourselves. This is exactly what is ruining this site! :mad::fire:

What? Oh, it's the other guys fault? BS!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2016 at 10:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
The new democrat majority elected in 2006 passed the Chris Dodd/Barney Frank's bill that forced banks to lend to otherwise unqualified people. The idea that everyone had some kind of right to own a house was an unmitigated disaster. That my friends began the financial mess.

So did the bankers cause it or the government? I think the banks handed out the money to all those self employed people who swore they were making a lot of money....wink, wink.

David, I referred work your way and you turned it down saying it wasn't worth your time. Find a Home Depot and start hustling amigo.

Please don't make up bs, we have been friends. You had a referral (thank you) that was outside my area of coverage and I politely thanked you but declined as the cost for the hours of drive time added to the bid would not be competitive. I told you where to get a referal for that area (Ewing), as well. I always try to help, both here on Nomad or for irrigation.

David, no bs here. I was really at a loss when you lectured me about sending business your way that was "out of your range." I was taught to never turn down a job as it might lead to something bigger. No worries if we see things differently. Bottom line is beggars can't be choosers, right?!

Hope you get down to Baja soon!

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2016 at 05:08 AM

DK? If you are so ashamed of what you post that you have to remove it, why do you post this crap in the first place????

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-23-2016 at 07:27 AM

Chuckie, if you saw it all, then you would know that I was only defending myself and once I had, I removed my post so to NOT distract any further from the thread. Those who felt a need to say unkind or negative things could just as easily delete there's (as I suggested) so as to clean up the thread that turned into a DK attack, have not. So, what is important to them (and you)? To tear at my flesh or to talk about Baja people and places? Your criticism is better directed at Mt.Goat, RTS, Bajaboy, etc. who would be happy to only see PC approved ideas/opinions rather than the documented history. If another point of view is shared here, then hell breaks loose and we are all the poorer for it. So much for acceptance of other ideas by the left, eh?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 07:35 AM

Thank you for your input, DK...

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 08:29 AM

You are most welcome chuckie, have a great weekend!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 10:21 AM

Group hug!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
Group hug!

[img][/img]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 10:51 AM

Group fart!

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 12:11 PM

Hi all. I find David's statement about things in Baja being lost to history to be partly true. San Quintin area is a good example.
I also find it somewhat baffling that soo many nomads pile on to insult and criticize David K.
He tries to provide info to people here. And sometimes he includes some insight. Why attack him for that. I appreciare his candor and those of the others who contribute.
I now live in Everett WA and the library here is full of historical info. I can tell you the name of the very 1st settler and the natives of that time.
In contrast. I know personally the person who is the direct hier to a family that owned the entire San Quintin valley and still own a sizeable chunk.
Yet the history of the area is very vague and hard to find.
The locals don't care. Most of them anyway. You can't eat history.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 12:30 PM

Totally agree. Give'em hell, Mikey.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 12:31 PM

Thanks Denny!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.