Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Sentri pre-approval?
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 09:36 AM
Dual appointments

I had the same question, so to resolve it I simply called and talked to a scheduler and she made our appointments for the same time....and they were sooner than the on-line dates.

(619) 690-7600 - wait time on the phone can be significant.

John M
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 09:36 AM

I did two vehicles that were not financed first. Then I did my other car, which is still being paid off. I did not reflect on the issue, and was not asked to provide a letter from the finance company for the third vehicle.
stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 09:47 AM

Excellent, thanks you guys :-)

I know I'm probably overthinking all of this, I just want to make sure it all goes as smooth and as quick as possible.
unashi

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 09:00 AM

Reaching the nine week mark and still no pre-approval for SENTRI. Assuming it will be at least 12 as listed above.
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 11:06 AM

Unashi; did you sign up for Sentri or Global Entry?

I did GE and I've convinced myself I'll have pre-approval next week haha

Some things I have going for me are: Same residence and workplace 20+ years and of course no shady background . Hopefully a slam dunk?!

From what I hear some GE applications are going through in a week. The Flyertalk forum offers some insight into the peoples' various experiences with processing times

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1066899-glo...

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 12:12 PM
Interview today

We had our interview this morning at the scheduled 6:00 a.m. at the Otay Mesa SENTRI office. We got there a few minutes early, office was already open but interviews do start at 6:00 a.m. - probably ten people were waiting that all had a 6:00 a.m. appt. We were out by 6:30 - nearly $200 lighter, fingerprinted (by some sort of scanner) photographed, and answered a couple of questions. As promised there was no vehicle inspection.

The only issue would have been if my wife hadn't read the driving instructions provided by CPB - On the road they tell you to take, you approach two signs that both say "Road Closed" - the instructions mention that, and tell you to ignore the closed part, to get to the SENTRI parking lot - 200' from the office.

Quick and easy.

One interviewer told us 2 to 3 weeks, another said 2 weeks max to get our SENTRI cards.

OTAY MESA parking and SENTRI office

John M

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by John M]
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 02:37 PM

Unashi, I submitted my father in law's Sentri application 12 weeks ago and still no pre-approval. My hubby and I submitted in January, approved three weeks later, interviewed 4/1, had our passes mid April. I think the program(s) got a HUGE application surge after the TSA messes last spring. Remember, you are not just getting a SENTRI, you will get TSA pre-approved and Global Entry, which is what the masses are applying for too!
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 03:47 PM

Just wondering....Has anyone signed up for Viajero Confiable? The Mexican version on Global Entry?

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-...
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 03:50 PM

It's weird to hear that so many GEOS/GE/Sentri applications are taking so long. I very much hope this isn't the case for me.

Here's a story from today on FlyerTalk:

Just wanted to share a success/luck story. I applied through GOES on 8/20, got conditional approval on 8/26. Had plans to fly out of LAX on 9/1. Spammed reload the day before my scheduled departure and got an appointment on 9/1 but for after my scheduled departure time.

Asked the office if they could squeeze me in, and they did so! Approved an hour later.

I'm not located in the US, so this was a HUGE win for me.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 03:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by stiladam  
Just wondering....Has anyone signed up for Viajero Confiable? The Mexican version on Global Entry?

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-...

I did not know about Viajero Confiable. If Loreto had a separate line for it, I would apply, but only Cabo, Mexico City, and Cancun participate at this point:

https://www.gob.mx/inm/acciones-y-programas/programa-viajero...

Aeropuertos participantes:
•Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de México
•Aeropuerto Internacional de San José del Cabo
•Aeropuerto Internacional de Cancún

[Edited on 9-2-2016 by BigBearRider]
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2016 at 12:32 PM

My Global Entry/Sentri experience thus far:

08/30 Initial application
09/08 Received approval to set interview.
09/13 Interview appointment set (after 3 tries - starting in Nov)

Relatively easy so far. You do have to keep checking in for closer appointments. They do pop up but you have to work at it.

One pain; I was NOT able to add the girlfriend to my interview appointment slot. I inquired via email to the GE location and was denied, even though this is the method suggested on the GOES site, so you mileage may vary. I was going to cut and paste the info from GOES in response but I don't want to end up on the bad boy list out of the gate hehe.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2016 at 01:40 PM
Telephone vs on-line appointment

The telephone appointment procedure worked for us, and as I said a much quicker time slot was open.

John M
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2016 at 11:31 AM
Approval!

My wife and I were notified today via email of a change in our SENTRI status. Our in-person interview was nearly two weeks ago on the 2nd of September.

The GOES website told we have been approved and we can use the program as soon as our cards arrive.

14 weeks for the entire process, so far.

John M
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2016 at 12:14 PM

That's great.

I'm actually really pleased with the entire process thus far. My appointment on Tuesday the 13th and it went great. The actual appt. was shorter than the walk from the car to the office.

I'm expecting my card to arrive next week, so just over 3 weeks from application to card arrival (I hope)

Now I'm worried with the process being so simple - everyone will do it ;-)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-16-2016 at 12:57 PM

That's great.

I'm actually really pleased with the entire process thus far. My appointment on Tuesday the 13th and it went great. The actual appt. was shorter than the walk from the car to the office.

I'm expecting my card to arrive next week, so just over 3 weeks from application to card arrival (I hope)

Congratulations on reaching ELITE status! After your platinum card arrives, we'll let you in on the secret handshake
stiladam
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2016 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
That's great.

Congratulations on reaching ELITE status! After your platinum card arrives, we'll let you in on the secret handshake

Haha, well it's funny. After JR passed away and Carol moved up north (and LaBarca was flattened) I lost the urge to go south. I finally have the fever again.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2016 at 02:10 PM

La Barca was leveled? WOW...didn't hear about that.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
walleigh

[*] posted on 9-18-2016 at 06:27 PM

I guess I'll add my data point here if anyone is interested in what I believe was a pretty fast process.

August 29: Applied for Global Entry
September 7: Conditional approval/interview invite
September 13: Interview/approval at San Ysidro

I'm now waiting (im)patiently for my card to arrive. My originally scheduled interview was in early October at Otay, but I happened to see an opening at San Ysidro early in the morning on the 13th. So I headed down to the border before work and got it taken care of. I will note that while most people talk about how quick the interview is. I had a different experience. My appointment was at 6:15 AM. I checked in at the desk a little before that and wasn't interviewed for almost 45 minutes. The interview itself was quick and painless, but they were running a bit behind at the new office.

I can't wait to get my card and run down to TJ to try it out.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2016 at 06:34 AM
SENTRI return to USA?

Our interviewer was reluctant to describe the return to the USA as "easy."

She said something to the effect that the real challenge is finding your way to the SENTRI lanes from the south. I asked about a map to the start of the SENTRI lanes and got nothing worthwhile except that things are changing there due to road construction. Wandering around town looking or getting in the regular lanes isn't going to make this fun at that POE.

Mexicali both east and west ports of entry are pretty straightforward but we are wondering about at San Ysidro & Otay Mesa.

John
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 9-19-2016 at 07:31 AM

Otay Mesa via Blvd 2000 is very easy

Quote: Originally posted by John M  
Our interviewer was reluctant to describe the return to the USA as "easy."

She said something to the effect that the real challenge is finding your way to the SENTRI lanes from the south. I asked about a map to the start of the SENTRI lanes and got nothing worthwhile except that things are changing there due to road construction. Wandering around town looking or getting in the regular lanes isn't going to make this fun at that POE.

Mexicali both east and west ports of entry are pretty straightforward but we are wondering about at San Ysidro & Otay Mesa.

John
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.