Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: More fees
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 12:38 PM

You poor fool!

You woked hard and the system left you in the dust. Nothing trump does will change your situation.

Trump won't change globalism. The ship has sailed. Wage decreases and cuts in benefits are what the GOP is selling to the working poor, blue collar and under-educated.. You should have thought about this before voting for the party that wants you to work for low wages, w/o health care, with increasing retirement age, decreasing SS safety net, and tax cuts for the rich.

On that note,..

Merry xmas!

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by MitchMan  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I was born in California, watched it go downhill as "east coast liberals" arrived and wanted to make this state 'stink' like the one they moved away from! Why do I have to move from my native land? California schools here were some of the nation's best in the 60s and 70s... became the worst in the 90s and 00s.

Californians who wanted their freedoms back had to move to other states (or Mexico)! Not all of us can. My kids both want to leave, one did. The other can't make enough to have the lifestyle they grew up in because living costs are so now high here (but not in other states).

Why is it this way? Big government doing far more than the constitution mandates and allowing non-tax paying law breakers to have sanctuary, on the backs of the taxpayers.

[Edited on 12-24-2016 by David K]

The problem that we have economically, and the problem that Europe has economically is due to "supply side economics". Supply side economics is what has caused universal economic hardship for the bottom 98% all over the western world. Be advised that "supply side economics" is a right wing, conservative, Republican creation...not an east coast liberal thing. It started with Ronald Reagan and continues to this day. It is the complete and entire reason for our children’s inability to do as well economically as we retired guys have done. It is completely a right wing thing. Completely.

Supply side economics stands for lower income tax rates for the top earners, a reduction or elimination of estate taxes, reduction and/or elimination of unions and collective bargaining, removal of the minimum wage, less regulation so that business can save money by not spending money on regulation compliance where the regulations expand competition and protect the worker and the consumers from harm and that protect consumers from financial harm and protect the planet from harm, increased spending on defense and reduction in entitlements and Medicare and Social Security, plus more privatization of government functions. It was right wing supply side economics of insufficient regulation and application that was the entire and complete cause of the near collapse in 2008 of the financial structure and the resultant past 30 years of economic financial hardship of the bottom 98% and the accompanying destructive inequitable lopsided disparity of wealth and income that our country currently has.

Supply side economics is a right wing agenda ushered in by the Presidency of Ronal Reagan and our economy continues to reflect the right wing agenda to this day.

Donald Trump will be the President because he won the electoral college vote by falsely representing that he is for the working man but all of his appointments scream “supply side economics” in spades. What will be the outcome of Trump’s Presidency will be less regulation, lower taxes for the top earners, less collective bargaining, reduction or elimination of the estate tax, fewer financial consumer protections, more spending on defense and reductions to Medicare, Social Security, and other safety nets, all of which will lead to more economic disparity into the long term. That means things will not be good for our kids in the long term.

That is and has always been the long term result of supply side economics which is "a right wing thing"...not an east coast liberal thing.

Also, there will be no “draining of the swamp” in DC as Trump is filling the swamp with his own critters.

BTW, California has the 6th largest economy in the world.

Wow, such denial... It is so easy to see how far off the mark this is. We may be the 6th largest economy, but if you SPEND more than you take in, you are as poor as Burundi. We don't have a tax income problem, we have a spending problem! Our streets could be paved with gold (or at least fresh asphalt) if the government was a good steward of our money.

Capitalism, free-market, supply-side (in your terms) is why America is the great nation with unlimited potential for ANYONE who works for it to achieve. It is far fairer a system than one that 'punishes success' with taxes that grow relative to how successful you are. It also produces far more jobs at no cost to taxpayers than the false, shovel ready government jobs wildly touted, but never existed or lasted.

[Edited on 12-24-2016 by David K]

[Edited on 12-24-2016 by mtgoat666]

[Edited on 12-24-2016 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 12:49 PM

Merry XMAS and Happy Holidays everyone. I am thankful life is so wonderful. Hope yours is or will get better.

[Edited on 12-24-2016 by rts551]
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 01:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBreak  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Born and raised in California - lived in Nevada for many years. Back in California. But not gonna retire here. Taxes way to high in this state. Will probably go back to Nevada or another state where my guns are legal and I am not taxed an extra 20% just in income and property taxes. Plus all the land here is fenced in. I miss the wide open BLM land.

Good for you. Life is all about choices and then being responsible/accountable for those choices. Much better than whining about how it is someone elses fault.

You should write a book on life philosophy with all your insightful wisdom. Many people probably don't know life is really that simple.

Or, just keep whining on the internet about other people discussing their opinions on how they may feel they are being forced to pay fees and taxes excessively. I'd guess your income and retirement comes from tax money, thus your resson to defend it.

[Edited on 12-24-2016 by BajaBreak]

Keep whining. You get no sympathy from me. All tears, you must have a sad life.

I want nothing from you. My life is better than it has been in years, thank you.

You're not fooling anyone. You must have a sad life yourself, spending your time enjoying other people's misfortunes and insulting them on the internet, you miserable old self-righteous jerk.

Apparently you have some personal problem with me, maybe from some opinion I've shared before. So yeah, pluck you too. Get some hobbies.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 01:43 PM

Wellll....OK.........that was fun? :lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 02:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Born and raised in California - lived in Nevada for many years. Back in California. But not gonna retire here. Taxes way to high in this state. Will probably go back to Nevada or another state where my guns are legal and I am not taxed an extra 20% just in income and property taxes. Plus all the land here is fenced in. I miss the wide open BLM land.

Good for you. Life is all about choices and then being responsible/accountable for those choices. Much better than whining about how it is someone elses fault.

You should write a book on life philosophy with all your insightful wisdom. Many people probably don't know life is really that simple.

Or, just keep whining on the internet about other people discussing their opinions on how they may feel they are being forced to pay fees and taxes excessively. I'd guess your income and retirement comes from tax money, thus your resson to defend it.

[Edited on 12-24-2016 by BajaBreak]

Keep whining. You get no sympathy from me. All tears, you must have a sad life.

I want nothing from you. My life is better than it has been in years, thank you.

You're not fooling anyone. You must have a sad life yourself, spending your time enjoying other people's misfortunes and insulting them on the internet, you miserable old self-righteous jerk.

Apparently you have some personal problem with me, maybe from some opinion I've shared before. So yeah, pluck you too. Get some hobbies.

Merry Christmas.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 02:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Its a true sign of old age and obsolesence when you start whining that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and everything was better when i was younger!

Here in So. Orange Co., when I was younger it was better,
renting a 2 bdm. apt. for $120, split 3 ways, buy a 5 yr. old
VW for $500, work on it yourself, one barely
needed a job, left days to surf. Now an apt. is $2200, used
car $10,000. I see these kids, fortunately avoided having
my own, go to some Ca State College, get a basket weaving
degree, come back to San Celmente and live at home, I don't
see it as much of an option for them to pack up and move to
Carolina for cheaper living, with
prospects here for them virtually nil. Was a news piece a couple
days back,
more 20 somethings living at their parents than at any time
since the depression era 75 yrs. + ago, so I understand your
phrase, but it was WAY less finanically stressful some
45 yrs. ago, now there are all sorts of abnormalities, drug
adiction, mental disorders seem to be frequent

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 03:24 PM

Maybe the fees in California are higher because they are subsidizing a whole bunch of red states.
https://mises.org/blog/which-states-rely-most-federal-spendi...

"The future ain't what it used to be"
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 03:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

Ohhh...let's not be impatient with ol' Ralph. His gout flares up every now and then, and he gets a bit grouchy, but so do I. Not like Ralph of course, but I'm learnin'. :lol:

Dennis I missed this one. Its not my gout that flares up.....but I do get grouchy. Merry xmas.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 03:45 PM

Merry Christmas!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 04:54 PM

10 bucks?? No problemo:bounce::bounce:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 06:34 PM

trump can't fix it.
You need a skill and smarts to get ahead these days. No longer can mediocrity bring comfortable std of living.
It is my opinion that the smart are making tons of money and can afford taxation to support the lazy.
Statistics illustrating increasing income inequality demonstrate how the system is screwing the little guy.
Tax cuts for corporations and the rich, paired with social safety net cuts, cuts of regulations, will just increase income inequality and make life in ghettos (like Poway, yes Poway is a middle class ghetto of working stiffs enslaved to the man) more polluted and less safe due to safety Regs and liability laws being cut to favor the corporations.

Happy holidays!

Keep working suckers! My stock holdings appreciate your quiet compliance!

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Its a true sign of old age and obsolesence when you start whining that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and everything was better when i was younger!

Here in So. Orange Co., when I was younger it was better,
renting a 2 bdm. apt. for $120, split 3 ways, buy a 5 yr. old
VW for $500, work on it yourself, one barely
needed a job, left days to surf. Now an apt. is $2200, used
car $10,000. I see these kids, fortunately avoided having
my own, go to some Ca State College, get a basket weaving
degree, come back to San Celmente and live at home, I don't
see it as much of an option for them to pack up and move to
Carolina for cheaper living, with
prospects here for them virtually nil. Was a news piece a couple
days back,
more 20 somethings living at their parents than at any time
since the depression era 75 yrs. + ago, so I understand your
phrase, but it was WAY less finanically stressful some
45 yrs. ago, now there are all sorts of abnormalities, drug
adiction, mental disorders seem to be frequent

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-25-2016 at 05:00 AM

Life is good...

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 12-25-2016 at 09:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Life is good...

Yes, it is. We're still vertical, breathing, and looking forward to another year.
Salsa
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2016 at 02:08 PM

In the 50's the Kalifornia slogan was :

Welfare on the beach beats working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don
Arizona now

Maybe it still is.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.