Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Jimmy Smith
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-12-2003 at 11:37 AM
Don Jimmy

Captain Mike,
I was up at the hospital with a dozen emails for him this morning and he really seems to enjoy hearing from the good people. Chuck and Char relieved me at 10am and I'm off to Baja as soon as I close down.
Msal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2003 at 12:54 PM
trailer

The one I was hoping to help Jimmy with is occupied at this time,dang it! It is up in Apple Valley. So sorry,but I tried!Wish I had a big ol house! I'd take him in a heartbeat! Get well, Jimmy!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-14-2003 at 11:06 AM
Jimmy Smith

I visited Jimmy yesterday at the VA Hospital in La Jolla. He faces some significant challenges, but seems to be in pretty good spirits. I did print the posts in this thread and took them to him.

Capt Mike: I'd like to discuss Jimmy's travel arrangements with you. Please email me at dwhite@whitenoonoliver.com. Thanks.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-14-2003 at 07:26 PM
Don Jimmy

Amigos,
Came back from Baja early to be with Jimmy, What a guy! As soon as we walked in he hollared--hola Lu Ann--then a hug and a kiss! No, not for me. VA is very quiet on Sundays and the Don seemed happy for us to interrupt his lunch. He's eatin good and breathin fair. Will be needin our prayers for quite a while.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Msal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2003 at 08:43 PM
Good friends

Bernie, Thank you for being the special man that you are. Jimmy needed you and you went the distance! My prayers and thoughts are with him in his tough time now, and with his Family, that loves him so...... Abrazos, Sally Reed
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-15-2003 at 06:05 AM
Don Jimmy's address book found

I found it in Mulege sun. leaving loreto and will deliver it to him this week. anybody seeing him before i get there reading this pls pass it on.

Debra - you don't need to inhale cigars which makes them perfect subs for cigs. Tobacco remains my favorite vegetable! I thought he could sneak it, but hind sight, better to get of the weed totally.

Dan - I'll e you today.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-15-2003 at 09:49 AM
Message dlvd to Jimmy about his address book

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
I found it in Mulege sun. leaving loreto and will deliver it to him this week. anybody seeing him before i get there reading this pls pass it on.

Capt. Mike, I just got off the phone with Jimmy (about 9:15 Monday morn.) and told him you had his address book. He was VERY pleased to hear that!!!!:yes:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2003 at 02:53 PM
thx Anonymous!

why not join us and register? no need to be anonymous here. looking forward to more participation by you here. thx again for passing along to Jimmy. i'll get it over wed eve.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2003 at 03:26 PM
Capitano....

I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention that you don't normally inhale cigars.....but, once they are lit, the smoke gets in the lungs just the same. BTW, I'm one of those with the nasty Cig habit, and enjoy the smell of a good Cigar also (bad girl, I know ) :)
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2003 at 03:57 PM

Debra. I too did at one time enjoy the good Cubans but Alas Asthma came a long and I switched to Cope. However because I enjoyed Virginia's sweet kisses I have been away from the habit for 6 months. Please enjoy a good Cigar for me. Skeet/Loreto
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2003 at 04:18 PM
Skeet

I said that I enjoyed the smell of a good Cigar (I don't smoke 'em :) ) I leave that part to others.....
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 9-15-2003 at 08:35 PM
Don Jimmy Update

My wife, Lu Ann, and I visited with Don Jimmy and Chuck Potter this afternoon. Jimmy seems to breathing much easier and has his normal, positive, approach to what life brings. He is now looking at this health problem as a new adventure in his life. Sally had forwarded me a bunch of emails from his friends, one from Alaska, and both he and Chuck read them all with much gusto. This support from all of you is what is keeping this wonderful man going. So if you want you can send me your emails for Don Jimmy and I will deliever them within a day--bernieswaim@caballeropublishing.com
It only takes a couple of seconds and if you could see the smiles that they generate you would be proud. As I have said "Baja is friends helping friends!"
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-15-2003 at 09:48 PM
Don Jimmy

Time for you to get better young man. You've been outta Baja too long and need a "fix." We'll never forget earlier this year when Debra, Mary Ann and I dropped into the northern end of Los Barriles and asked a bunch of young folks working alongside the road if they knew you. I knew they wouldn't because there was such an age difference. WRONG! They simultaneously shouted instructions to your home, over two miles away. Now that's recognition.

Get well soon. Get back on your feet and put pencil to paper or fingers to keyboard. You have a vast set of friends that miss you and your stories very much.

Mike and Mary Ann
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2003 at 06:02 AM
Good " bad" girls

Debra - ya has ta know i luv bad girls too!!

Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 9-16-2003 at 09:07 AM

Bernie, sure was good to hear about your visit with Pop. I concur with what a short letter can do towards making Pop's day sing a little sweeter. And I do thank You Bernie from the bottom of my heart for making sure the Ol Man gets those letters. I am so glad to hear from him about Yours and others who are visiting him. He certainly is a wealthy when it comes to people that Love him.

Ay, Capt. Miguel & Debra, I too love a good cigar. Alas, I am grounded, cause I can't resist inhaling and than before you know it, I'm wanting a dagome cig. Sure do miss um, sure glad I quit. Still, I can even get enjoyment from sniffing an unlit cigar, and I have been known to sit up wind from someone smoking a cigarette, sigh............. no mas for me.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2003 at 12:40 PM
tobacco este mi veduras favoritas!

ahhhh, that gooood aroma! i'm going to go light one up after lunch, a short robusto, 4.5 X 50..... i agree, these are what got me off Cigs, i inhale just a bit but only smoke 1 a day usually, maybe 2 on a weekend. all things are ok in my book if done in moderation. life is short man, have dessert 1st!!

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2003 at 12:49 PM
I'm thinking I shouldn't have mentioned the

questionable judgement of bringing Jimmy a cigar.......now it's turned this thread into the joys of them, I'm worried someone might print this out for him and before we know it he'll go AWOL and find himself a stoggie! DON'T DO IT JIMMY! WE LUV YA AND WANT TO SEE YOU AROUND FOR A LONG, LONG TIME!!!:):o:)

Capitano.....I agree, moderation is the key, and anything is okay if done in moderation, (well, most things anyway) however I don't or can't smoke in moderation, I'm an addict, and so is Jimmy (excuse me while I light up) okay back,....I wish I could be like others, my husband included, that only have a cig while having a beer.

How about in honor of Jimmy, and support for him, we start a thread (from the lucky reformed ones) on how they quit and ideas for those of us that wish we could? Who will go first to help us out of our life of excess and addiction?

[Edited on 9-16-2003 by Debra]
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 9-16-2003 at 01:35 PM

Debra & Capt. Miguel, Just read your last comments on this tread to Pop. He was still laughing when I hung up the phone. I figured right when I guessed your dialog would tickle his funny bone, it certainly did.

Dad sounded very good today. I don't have illusions that we are out of the weeds, but between the extra oxygen and some suped up antibiotics and everyone's concern and good wishes, he is feeling pretty darn frisky about now.

Char and Chuck are there with him every day, Bernie checks in real regular too. Dave Deal has been by to see him and lord knows who ever else. In fin, we are a Social Animal and if ever there was a communicator that loved to enter-react, it's the Ol Man.

Ah well, we shall see what tomorrow brings, at least today sounds like it's a good one.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2003 at 03:31 PM

Elis.......laughter is the best medicine GOOOOOOOOO JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

Capitino.......and "bad girls, like bad boys" HA (wink) it's our curse!

[Edited on 9-16-2003 by Debra]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2003 at 07:41 PM
time to visit Jimmy

will be there wed early eve for to del. his addy book. and have a few laughs!

i will puff a lonsdale before i go in!

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.