BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Border Crossing - "Caravan" Impact?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-17-2018 at 03:27 AM

And old Dogs, old dogs are good....

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-17-2018 at 09:52 AM

From Talk Baja:

Ron wrote: "Caravan and political comments

You are free to post and comment about the approaching caravan as a topic dealing with border crossing issues; however venturing over into political commenting is not allowed here and my patience on this is very thin.

If you see someone else do it, resist the urge to respond in kind and simply notify an admin. Those who continue to abuse these rules will be banned without any further notice...

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  

Are you kidding me?! Joe I know you think I'm new here, but this isn't the first public forum I've signed up on, lol. Quit with the delusions. I have never seen more posts deleted, not just mine, on any site I've been on. Censorship is strong here. With no rhyme or reason, to boot. I can't comment about Facebook, don't do it, won't do it. It's the devil! Carry on.

Are you still whining Douglas?

I don't know what you're talking about because David K's posts are never censored or deleted.

I find it you never take a swipe at another member, your posts are unlikely to get deleted, and if you can't resist the urge to troll another member, than maybe your posts will get deleted, but personally I wouldn't cry about it.

I do agree with you Douglas, about Facebook, I always felt it was a very evil company that spies on you and sells you out.

Regarding "Talk Baja" I thought that was funny telling members to snitch on others members, if they dare to talk politics in a topic about how the caravan traffic concerns. How can you not talk politics in a highly charged topic?

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2018 at 10:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

From Talk Baja:

Ron wrote: "Caravan and political comments

You are free to post and comment about the approaching caravan as a topic dealing with border crossing issues; however venturing over into political commenting is not allowed here and my patience on this is very thin.

If you see someone else do it, resist the urge to respond in kind and simply notify an admin. Those who continue to abuse these rules will be banned without any further notice...

Quote: Originally posted by DouglasP  

Are you kidding me?! Joe I know you think I'm new here, but this isn't the first public forum I've signed up on, lol. Quit with the delusions. I have never seen more posts deleted, not just mine, on any site I've been on. Censorship is strong here. With no rhyme or reason, to boot. I can't comment about Facebook, don't do it, won't do it. It's the devil! Carry on.

Are you still whining Douglas?

I don't know what you're talking about because David K's posts are never censored or deleted.

I find it you never take a swipe at another member, your posts are unlikely to get deleted, and if you can't resist the urge to troll another member, than maybe your posts will get deleted, but personally I wouldn't cry about it.

I do agree with you Douglas, about Facebook, I always felt it was a very evil company that spies on you and sells you out.

Regarding "Talk Baja" I thought that was funny telling members to snitch on others members, if they dare to talk politics in a topic about how the caravan traffic concerns. How can you not talk politics in a highly charged topic?

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by JoeJustJoe]

I applaud Ron and in Douglas' defense I saw the posts that were deleted and they were as benign as could be? wtf?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-17-2018 at 10:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by bajadogs  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I would like to know why they didn't stay in Mexicali or Tecate (or any other closer border) since both were passed to go to the furthest away border in all of Mexico from where they came from???

Did they walk up the Rumorosa (Cantu) Grade? Seems well staged for U.S. media???

Seriously David? Your prepositions dangle with your heart.

I asked a question... why go to the most distant border crossing?

I am sure they have logical reasons. I will guess at a few:
TJ is second biggest Mexican City on border, maybe easier for refugees to get along in this particular urban area.
SY is largest/busiest border xing, perhaps there are more caseworkers to process asylum requests.
Perhaps the largest city on border, Juarez, is not good place for refugees to cross.
California is a better/friendlier state than AZ or Texas, perhaps CA is better at absorbing refugees, not sure NM has much ability to absorb refugees.
The us army, under trumps orders, has occupied Texas border region, imposed martial law and is shooting Latinos on site at the border, so Texas is not a good destination

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-17-2018 at 10:31 AM

David K. Your question wasn't so much a question as it was a statement from you

David K wrote: "Seems well staged for U.S. media??? "

When you take both of your posts in this thread, it seems you are very upset, over the caravans coming to America.

If true, Why so?

I don't have an answer to you David K, but if I were to guess. Maybe, the Caravan leaders don't know Baja as well as you.

Maybe, those other possible entry points, do not have experience handling migrants like Tijuana and San Ysidro.

Maybe, the migrants watch TV and have learned San Ysidro is the way to paradise.

joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-17-2018 at 12:47 PM

I am concerned about the human rights abuse in Tijuana. Someone in Mexico City lied to the migrants about Tj being the promised land. Now they will suffer through unethical medical experiments and and human expermintaton. Tijuana is a abuse center for the scientologists.
Tijuana police giving drugs to little girls as a way o get them to commit crimes for them is only a small problem compared to the unseen problems.

Microwave experiments
¨Go to:
Abstract
This study concerns the effects of microwave on health because they pervade diverse fields of our lives. The brain has been recognized as one of the organs that is most vulnerable to microwave radiation. Therefore, in this article, we reviewed recent studies that have explored the effects of microwave radiation on the brain, especially the hippocampus, including analyses of epidemiology, morphology, electroencephalograms, learning and memory abilities and the mechanisms underlying brain dysfunction. However, the problem with these studies is that different parameters, such as the frequency, modulation, and power density of the radiation and the irradiation time, were used to evaluate microwave radiation between studies. As a result, the existing data exhibit poor reproducibility and comparability. To determine the specific dose-effect relationship between microwave radiation and its biological effects, more intensive studies must be performed.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5607572/

Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of U.S. Embassy Workers
Doctors and scientists say microwave strikes may have caused sonic delusions and very real brain damage among embassy staff and family members.¨
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba...

Some migrants will be selected for experiments without their knowledge
By the way, it was the isrealies not the Russians that attacked the embassy in Cuba
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/scien...

¨Beatrice Golomb, a professor of medicine at the University of California at San Diego, is a leading proponent of the theory that pulsed microwaves could explain the symptoms. She said a friend sent her theory of the case to the State Department in January.
Beatrix is one of the abusers, figure out how she got her test results and data.

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by joerover]

[Edited on 11-17-2018 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
TedZark
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2018 at 01:42 PM

I crossed both ways on Thursday. While I didn't see any big evidence of the "caravan" there were a few examples of clearly not the usual fence jumpers. A woman with a baby, for example. And others that just didn't look the usual ragtag troupe.

I left early as I thought possible big delays but got through the Otay Ready Lane in 1.5 hours - not too bad on any day of the week. Usually better, but sometimes worse.

It is clear that if there is a mad rush for the border by a crowd/"mob" then the crossing will simply be closed. There is no way to keep a crowd from crossing while allowing cars through. The concertina razor wire is nasty stuff and already set up to pull across the lanes.

Will a problem happen? I don't think so. It is clear the Tijuana people want and need to get to their jobs in the USA. A closed border means a lost job or at least a lost day's wages. I too would tell someone to "Get the h*ll out of the way!" "I need to get to my job and YOU are screwing it up."

Everywhere else in Mexico people are happy to help them - of course - move along down the road! But TJ is where reality will hit. Working people with jobs to get to and a border that is already a huge pain in the *ss. "Get out the way!"
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-17-2018 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
The us army, under trumps orders, has occupied Texas border region, imposed martial law and is shooting Latinos on site at the border, so Texas is not a good destination

[/rquote]

Shot on sight huh? Are you drunk?

I don't think the Goat, is drunk, and in fact could very well be correct.

I didn't think of this until David K. started asking questions, but if I was advising the caravans from central America, I would tell them to stay clear of both gun-happy open states of Arizona and Texas, and come through liberal California, a state with strong gun laws in case the militia groups lets their emotions get the best of them.

U.S. militia groups head to border, stirred by Trump’s call to arms

FALFURRIAS, Tex. — Gun-carrying civilian groups and border vigilantes have heard a call to arms in President Trump’s warnings about threats to American security posed by caravans of Central American migrants moving through Mexico. They’re packing coolers and tents, oiling rifles and tuning up aerial drones, with plans to form caravans of their own and trail American troops to the border.

“We’ll observe and report, and offer aid in any way we can,” said Shannon McGauley, a bail bondsman in the Dallas suburbs who is president of the Texas Minutemen. McGauley said he was preparing to head for the Rio Grande in coming days.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-mi...

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-20-2018 at 10:07 AM
No Worries !

Since Jeff Bezos is FIFTY BILLION dollars richer than ANY other living person and Amazon is making him more, he doesn't need to sell.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2018 at 04:07 PM
Longer wait at Mexicali east

The regular lanes crossing at Mexicali east has typically been 1 to 1 1/2 hours. This past Monday morning, around 10:00 a.m. it was about 3 hours. This may have several contributing factors including more than the usual number of vehicles crossing due to the Baja 1000 as well as rumors of troubles and lane closures N/B at Tijuana which may have been partly the reason. Or...just a bad time to cross.

At the CPB booth the officer said that 3 hours was quite a bit better than the 5 hour wait on Sunday.

This came from ny next door neighbor who did the crossing. He's info has always been reliable.

John M
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-21-2018 at 11:43 AM

We are feeling a bit of effect even down here...had a couple cancellations for reservations for Thanksgiving week as folks were too worried about the border crossing...dang.
Sure makes for some funny memes on FAcebook about eating or not eating frijoles!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2018 at 11:55 AM

Nothing like "fear and loathing" to boost world economies.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2018 at 06:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

As in, the travelers fear the caravaners, the ICE and trump base loathe poor foreigners but tolerate middle-class and rich foreigners?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-21-2018 at 06:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

As in, the travelers fear the caravaners, the ICE and trump base loathe poor foreigners but tolerate middle-class and rich foreigners?

Well the caravanners certainly can't stop in Mexico! To become temporary residents, they must show $1400 monthly income, or $2300 for permanent residency. (US dollars)

At least that is what we would have to do!

[Edited on 11-22-2018 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-21-2018 at 07:12 PM

the migrants think they get to join the list if they hop the fence

Rank Name Net Worth Age Source Country of Citizenship
#1 Jeff Bezos $112 B 54 Amazon United States
#2 Bill Gates $90 B 63 Microsoft United States
#3 Warren Buffett $84 B 88 Berkshire Hathaway United States
#4 Bernard Arnault $72 B 69 LVMH France
#5 Mark Zuckerberg $71 B 34 Facebook United States
#6 Amancio Ortega $70 B 82 Zara Spain
#7 Carlos Slim Helu $67.1 B 78 telecom Mexico
#8 Charles Koch $60 B 83 Koch Industries United States
#8 David Koch $60 B 78 Koch Industries United States
#10 Larry Ellison $58.5 B 74 software United States

#11 Michael Bloomberg $50 B 76 Bloomberg LP United States
#12 Larry Page $48.8 B 45 Google United States
#13 Sergey Brin $47.5 B 45 Google United States
#14 Jim Walton $46.4 B 70 Walmart United States
#15 S. Robson Walton $46.2 B 74 Walmart United States
#16 Alice Walton $46 B 69 Walmart United States
#17 Ma Huateng $45.3 B 47 internet media China
#18 Francoise Bettencourt Meyers $42.2 B 65 L'Oreal France
#19 Mukesh Ambani $40.1 B 61 petrochemicals, oil & gas India
#20 Jack Ma $39 B 54 e-commerce China

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2018 at 07:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
the migrants think they get to join the list if they hop the fence

Rank Name Net Worth Age Source Country of Citizenship
#1 Jeff Bezos $112 B 54 Amazon United States
#2 Bill Gates $90 B 63 Microsoft United States
#3 Warren Buffett $84 B 88 Berkshire Hathaway United States
#4 Bernard Arnault $72 B 69 LVMH France
#5 Mark Zuckerberg $71 B 34 Facebook United States
#6 Amancio Ortega $70 B 82 Zara Spain
#7 Carlos Slim Helu $67.1 B 78 telecom Mexico
#8 Charles Koch $60 B 83 Koch Industries United States
#8 David Koch $60 B 78 Koch Industries United States
#10 Larry Ellison $58.5 B 74 software United States

#11 Michael Bloomberg $50 B 76 Bloomberg LP United States
#12 Larry Page $48.8 B 45 Google United States
#13 Sergey Brin $47.5 B 45 Google United States
#14 Jim Walton $46.4 B 70 Walmart United States
#15 S. Robson Walton $46.2 B 74 Walmart United States
#16 Alice Walton $46 B 69 Walmart United States
#17 Ma Huateng $45.3 B 47 internet media China
#18 Francoise Bettencourt Meyers $42.2 B 65 L'Oreal France
#19 Mukesh Ambani $40.1 B 61 petrochemicals, oil & gas India
#20 Jack Ma $39 B 54 e-commerce China

1 of every 4 on the list started out rich with inherited money.
Just saying....

Woke!

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2018 at 09:05 PM

Did David do another hit and run? DOn't see his post.
LukeJobbins
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2018 at 09:06 AM

Crossed at San ysidro last night. I saw a few lanes closed for sentri but not for the other lanes. There is more border agents and barbed wire but I didn’t witness any different attitude from the agents. But I crossed at 1030 pm in sentri with one car ahead of me. 2 minutes total.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2018 at 09:18 AM

Military Times today reported that the White House sent out a memo authorizing “a show or use of force (including lethal force, where necessary)” by the troops deployed on the border with Mexico.

Looks like Trump is preparing plans for USA military to shoot refugees, women and children in poverty.

Trigger happy troops mowing down kids selling chicklets?

Woke!

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-22-2018 at 09:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Military Times today reported that the White House sent out a memo authorizing “a show or use of force (including lethal force, where necessary)” by the troops deployed on the border with Mexico.

Looks like Trump is preparing plans for USA military to shoot refugees, women and children in poverty.

Trigger happy troops mowing down kids selling chicklets?

It's because Trump, is upset a Federal Judge, dealt him a setback, telling him he can't rewrite immigration law.

For unknown reasons, there is a lot of animosity in certain circles from the US, towards children selling chicklets.....it's really weird.

Federal Judge Blocks Asylum Ban, Saying President Can’t Rewrite Immigration Law

https://truthout.org/video/federal-judge-blocks-asylum-ban-s...

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.