Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Dog Friendly
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 10:55 AM

I was only responding to MtGoat666, but whatever... :rolleyes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 01:27 PM

Our dog sleeps in her own bed on the floor. One ought to be as concerned about detritus shed on furnishings and intimate surfaces by the human guest. :P

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
billklaser
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 01:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by windgrrl  
Our dog sleeps in her own bed on the floor. One ought to be as concerned about detritus shed on furnishings and intimate surfaces by the human guest. :P

My thoughts exactly!
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 01:51 PM

These are the dirtiest places in you hotel room:
http://time.com/5135121/dirty-hotel-rooms-germs/

That’s why we stay in a hotel room only when all other options are unavailable.

~ I-Ching
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 03:38 PM

Just out of curiosity, what are the other options above a hotel room that would offer little or no germs?

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AguaDulce  
My Dog always goes to baja. I have a dog bed in my truck and she sleeps on it. I know the dog friendly hotels when I use one .I camp more than use hotels. When the hotel is slow and my group wants a certain hotel I show the owner the bed and have never been turned down. She sleeps on the floor.

Great post and what I do. My attitude is I don't care whether a hotel is dog friendly or not. My dog can sleep in it's bed in the room, or in the car. Either way.

Jardins charges me $100 pesos for my dog. No problem. 2 dog max.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Fishbuck and David K, thank you very much for making me remember why I seldom visit this forum any more. :D

You guys happy now? See what you're causing?

(Still love ya DK. Drinks are still on me.)

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 04:18 PM

I wish we could bring our dog with us to Baja, because I think he would love it there and we miss him whenever we go anywhere without him. The fact is that at this point in my career I can't really take more than a week of vacation at a time, which makes driving from MA a non-starter. It's also becoming harder and harder to find airlines willing to accommodate dogs, so we leave him with a sitter who spoils him rotten and wonder why it's so quiet.

The good news is that I'm only 2 or 3 years away from retirement, at which point we'll make an extended trip with the pooch, who will be a wily but wise 9 or 10 years old.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  

Just out of curiosity, what are the other options above a hotel room that would offer little or no germs?

It not about having little or no germs for me, certain forms of bacteria, yeast and even moulds are desirable for a good life. It’s about decreasing exposure to the harmful type of microbial load as noted in the article. The hotel alternatives include camping with
one’s own gear.

~ I-Ching
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 05:21 PM

windgrrl, one of the very few hotels I have checked into with my dog is not on the link you posted earlier.

The Hacienda in Mulege has a couple of rooms that are available. The house cat has the run of the courtyard, so I was asked to keep my girl on a lease while on premises. She actually gets along fine with cats, but I was glad to comply!

Accross the street from the back entrance is a path down to the river that was handy for our walks.

If there was a charge for the dog, it was included in the room rate, which was very reasonable!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-9-2019 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  

Fishbuck and David K, thank you very much for making me remember why I seldom visit this forum any more. :D

You guys happy now? See what you're causing?

(Still love ya DK. Drinks are still on me.)

Love you, too, Lee! ;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2019 at 06:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
LOL, yes, I am also a dog lover... but when I stay at a hotel, I would be far more comfortable to know a dog, with who knows what crawling on them, was allowed to sleep on top of the bed. I know how clean or behaved my dog was, but I have no idea about someone else's.

These hotels in water-short Baja locations do not wash the spreads or blankets after every guest. They may not have over-sized machines in their town.

Fully agree. And this has nothing to do with loving or not loving dogs.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2019 at 08:17 AM

[/rquote]

well said indeed.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-10-2019 at 03:39 PM

Whoa!!!!! Putting down dogs is like putting down your girlfriend,
maybe worse...

I love dogs
We have a 130 pound American Bulldog, and he is absolutely part of the family.

But, Rocky stays home when we travel. He understands this deal and is content to enjoy the other benefits of a big backyard, a pool and his own very comfy house.

One of my favorite places in the Sierras is Calaveras Big Trees State Park. They have a two mile instructional trail that is fabulous, I take young people groups and guys from our rehab facility there all summer.
Big sign at the beginning of the trail....."Please, NO DOGS"
Yet, every bend of the trail, yep, here is poochie on a string.

We leave Rocky at home because when we return it makes him very happy. And we can concentrate on traveling and not baby(dog)sitting.
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2019 at 06:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

[/rquote]

well saigd indeed.

It has to do about being positive or being a troll. Be positive pormote this board, it IS failing and will die without positive and instructive information to legitimate questions . Please respond with usefull answers or STFU

[Edited on 3-11-2019 by freediverbrian]
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2019 at 07:26 PM

calmate.
EdZeranski
Nomad

Mood: Si! Como no???

[*] posted on 3-10-2019 at 09:01 PM
road pooch

Quote: Originally posted by billklaser  
We stay at Hotel Villa San Quintin, they have dog friendly rooms for a minor up-charge. It's all detailed on their website.

I think the whole rear bldg at Hotel Villa San Quintin is pet friendly. Never had problems there or Jardines
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 08:14 AM

windgrrl - that was a very interesting article! what have we learned? put the top of the toilet down when flushing. even when at home!

as a hotelito owner, I am a bit fanatic about cleaning the bathroom and more - they never mentioned door handles but that is the first thing I clean...so many people and so many possible germs! I wipe down all the surfaces in the rooms with a disinfecting cloth, the bathroom toilet tank gets cleaned from top to bottom! I even wipe the shower handles, I mean, lots of people touching those as well. and I wipe down the light switches.

Back to the DOGS - I know when the dog has slept on the bed! It is OK in your own bed (each to his own) but honestly, having a doggie bed is the best idea on the planet.

As an improvement to our overall experience on this site: maybe we should refrain from putting in our personal opinions when someone asks a question, and simply answer the question!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 09:59 AM

Since we usually stayed in Baja for over 4 months, our family member dog always went with us. We have a soft sided crate (https://www.chewy.com/petmate-portable-pet-home-dark/dp/5345...) that folds up and flattens. Our dog is well trained and never allowed on a bed (our lap, sure). The crate is used in dog friendly hotels, or stays in the car for the dog's bed. We have shown the crate to motel owners who are unsure about letting a dog in the room and they usually have no problem then. We are, of course, always willing to pay extra for our dog. We try to exclusively stay in dog friendly places supporting those who support us. I suspect being a dog friendly hotel helps the bottom line, especially when travel advisers have that as a stated benefit. Hotels should have dog free rooms for allergy prone folks too.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 3-11-2019 at 10:13 AM

Oh please the dog N-zis are out in full force in this thread!

I never seen anything like it, if you tell the dog owners, to keep your pet at home, and off the hotel room beds.

I'm a dog lover, but that love mostly extends to my dogs, but not all dogs, or their owners.

Some dog owners are crazy, and treat their dogs like children, and I'm sorry not all dogs are housebroken 100% of the time. And dog owners, who insist on taking their dogs on trips, are probably most likely to sleep with their dogs too.

So yes there is a possibility, you could find fleas, and rements of urine or feces, in a hotel room that allows dogs, and that stench may remain even after the maid comes by.

I have a chihuahua, and it took forever to potty train her, but if I took her on a trip, she could very well go in the corner of the hotel room and do her duty, since she knows it's not her house, and is unlikely to get yelled at.

When I travel, I rather stay in a hotel room that's not dog friendly, but that's just me.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.