Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: Kat and her dog are missing
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 4-30-2019 at 10:06 PM

Has there been any update? I haven’t seen anything on Facebook. Maybe I just missed it.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 02:39 AM

Issue just went away?
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 04:24 AM

Not a trace
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 07:54 AM
Still nothing found

Only speculation

Here is a collection of posts from Facebook for your reading
PW
==== === ===

Cindy St John‎ to San Felipe Chatter
April 20 at 6:46 PM
Latest update on Kat, as of 2 p.m. today Saturday the search was officially called off but the investigation will continue. After following up on a couple leads and searching two different areas and trying to retrace her footsteps to and from the stream, and searching multiple farms abandoned houses, shacks, water tanks, agriculture buildings, above ground tanks, abandoned cars and buses, sad to report we still have not found her. The plane will go up several more times this week in the area and keep looking. If anybody has any information about Kat or Tootsie's whereabouts or anything that would be helpful to bring this situation to a close please contact the numbers in the photo. We all leave with heavy hearts, after over 186 hours on the ground a hundred volunteers, and more than 10 hours of aerial time by aircraft and drones. Thank you to all the dedicated men and women from the State Police, Army, Marines, civil protection,rescue squads from Tijuana, Esenada, Mexicali and San Felipe and any others involved in the search-and-rescue all the command and control personnel,all the folks who fed us and brought gas,water and supplies. All the people who helped behind the scenes, the folks who loaned there GPS's and radios, everybody who paid for gas for the rescue squads even after their bosses called it off and they still desperately wanted to find Kat and Tootsie! We all thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!
Remember she was wearing white K-Swiss tennis shoes a white tank top it said El Dorado Ranch on it with tan beige color shorts with light camouflage print through them and she has bright red hair. Tootsie is a German Shepherd tan in color so she blends well with the sand but she had a pink collar on with a tag

Warren Sundquist
April 22 at 11:52 AM ·
I haven't written because I have not received any updates. The last information I received is Saturday morning a search and some PGJ&E (Police Investigators) personnel were headed out to one spot where a shallow grave was found a few days before. Easter was hard. I am heading to the police station some time today to give them some more information. I have filled out a form on www.texasequusearch.org giving them all the information I can. Hopefully they will receive permission from the local police to assist in a search, they are non-profit and travel world wide, if allowed. I miss my wife more than one can imagine. I miss Tootsie too. I want to thank each and every individual, group, agency, family and friends who have been supportive in helping find Kat and Tootsie. God Bless You All

=== ===
Warren Sundquist
April 27 at 9:33 PM ·
I don't have any updates on Kat or Tootsie but just wanted to post the latest information I have. At 7:30 pm tonight, the two chief investigators from PGJ&E came by. Before I post any more in this update I want to once again to post that I believe the local authorities are doing everything possible to find out what happened. They questioned me about why I changed the password on my Apple account this afternoon. I told them that while having lunch at 1:30 pm, I received a notice from Apple computer that someone had attempted to look at my iCloud account. I told them I changed the password just after that. They informed me that it was them. I told them that I was relieved that they were looking and that anything they want to do along those lines is fine with me. I gave them the changed password and they confirmed that they are still on the case. I totally broke down and told them that I was grateful for that they are still out there. I informed them that even though I don't know most of the people making accusations that I am a 'murderer' or 'involved in this case with others', that I will give them everything they need. They once again informed me that they do not believe I had anything to do with Kat or Tootsie's disappearance. I do believe they understand that and that they are still on top of the investigation. I am sorry to hear that most of the town believes I murdered the love of my life. Unfortunately these people don't have a clue about our relationship over the last 4 years and so be it, they have to live with themselves. Thank you to all the people that have supported me. To those that want to make up these rumors, well, I am not going to go in that hole and explain anything to you. God bless Kat and Tootsie, I love you more than you will ever know.
=== == ==
Most recent post
Keeping Kat’s memory alive...
Please join us this Thursday, May 2, 6:00 at the San Felipe Brewery.
We want to keep Kat’s memory alive in our hearts while we help each other start the healing process of life without her. It’s not a time to say good bye, but a time to say “until we meet again”.
Please bring something to add to the scrapbook “The Kats Meow”. Photos, written stories, articles, anything you would like to add. (foto-graphics, the business next door to copy centro can print pictures from your phone or camera while you wait).
Thursday will mark three weeks...three very long, very difficult weeks. We all need to come together. See you Thursday.
Potluck style
=== ===
Translated post that won't paste, PW:
"If you know information notify
State Civil Protection: 911 or 686 555 4998
Attorney General of Justice: 089
Family: 509 869 8020"

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 08:24 AM

SAD! Sounds as if a great effort was made....Thanks to those who helped...
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 10:22 AM

Such a loss is immeasurable...heartbreaking.

Don't believe everything you think....
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 11:37 AM

My friend's wife wandered off in the middle of the night up in eastern Washington. He was grilled by the cops because they thought he murdered her. Finally, they found her a day later. Disoriented, cuts and bruises, mild hypothermia. Apparently the herbal meds she was taking caused her to wander off in a trance like state. She ended up in the psychiatric hospital for a few weeks after that. My friend was treated like crap by the cops and he had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance. I guess it's just part of the process.

John
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 02:13 PM

i think homicide 101 tells investigators to look at the husband first. path of least resistance and all that. must be brutal for grieving family members.

[Edited on 5-1-2019 by pacificobob]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2019 at 02:53 PM

Bless you for sharing and I am praying so hard that St. Anthony helps out, he is my favorite saint for helping out when all seems lost!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 07:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Thanks for that Ralph. I tried to find the original post on FACEBOOK to get details but as we know, FB is impossible for some to find a single post.

There was a past lost person with nearly the exact same situation. He decided not to go all the way to the falls and headed back to the parking area. Except that he missed the trail that goes from the arroyo to the road. As I recall, he walked all the way to the dry lake to be found. I am a bit fuzzy on the details, but Kat's situation sounds so similar.

That is correct David. I was on that desert run and this individual walked out to the road in the dry lake, was picked up by the military and told them he was looking for the Diablo Falls Parking Area. We did a head count before leaving and realized we were one head short. Decided to return to San Felipe and get search and rescue missing. On the way out, we ran into the military hummer and the missing individual was in the vehicle. All ended well.

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.
wornout
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 07:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
New insight on Kat
I did not create this, but just passing it on. Words from Wornout and what to do when lost by Kat
=== == ==
I, as many others I imagine, am mystified and praying to the universe for Kat Hammontre's safe return. Looking through her blogs, I stumble on her YouTube channel and found a series of videos from 2015 that should hopefully give a little hope to everyone waiting for her.
PLEASE READ: I don't know how her adventure of getting lost in San Pedro Martir ended in 2015. If someone has that info and wishes to share it so i can add to this post that would be awesome. A far as i can gather she ventured and got lost for a night only while driving around and safely returned to her family and friends.
Videos are from 2015 somewhere in San Pedro Martir area. From the description of the YouTube videos: Desert Run to part the National Park of the Mountains of San Pedro-Martir (http://www.descubrebajacalifornia.com...) Six reasons to never go out in the desert along, unless you're fully stocked - with everything - and this is what I plan to do. My beautiful Barney is just fine, albeit a bit dirty.
Didn't know where to share them so i am sharing them here in hopes that the right ears get these and give everyone hope, she is a strong woman and knows her way around and has survival instincts.
For Desiree, second video minute 4:30. My heart is with you.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmJh33Uyv97wVPj2-cq1SQ
For how and when she went missing, please read her husband's first post:
https://www.facebook.com/wornout99/posts/10158273567678998
https://www.facebook.com/puzzles.austin/videos/1251410428358...
https://www.facebook.com/puzzles.austin/videos/1251414128357...
https://www.facebook.com/puzzles.austin/videos/1251411831691...
https://www.facebook.com/puzzles.austin/videos/1251410438358...
https://www.facebook.com/puzzles.austin/videos/1251413148357...
https://www.facebook.com/puzzles.austin/videos/1251413441691...
https://www.facebook.com/puzzles.austin/videos/1251414128357...

Thanks Paul. When Kat spent the night in the desert back in 2015, we had an argument and she left in her Barney Dune Buggy. As shown in the youtube video she had matches and built a fire and spent the night. She is directionally challenged and turned north, into the desert and not on a trail. This was off the road from El Dorado Ranch to Morella Junction. She got the Barney high sided and spent the night. Next morning she walked, what she said was less than a couple hundred yards, back to the main road and stopped a passing vehicle who got he unstuck and she returned here to the house.

wornout
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 08:05 AM

Thank you everyone for your post here on Bajanomads. Special thanks to PaulW, BajaRob, DavidK and DesertRat for relaying on information.

I haven't been on this site due to all that has been going on here with the search for my wife Kat and our dog Tootsie. We have been using Facebook, here in San Felipe, for sharing information.

The latest is the local investigators, PGJ&E still have an open case. As always, I was the number one suspect at the beginning. I have volunteered to take a polygraph test, more than once, in order to keep the investigation moving forward. The PGJ&E have told me that I am not a suspect at this time. This was after I provided:

1. Video from our back door camera video showing our state of mind before, and the day of the disappearance.
2. The raw picture data showing Kat on the trail, standing next to that big cactus, at 11:47 am, the day she disappeared. (Yes, people said she was never up there and all 8 of us were in on her disappearance.
3. PGJ&E searched and dusted our car the night after she disappeared when I returned home.
4. I was not alone in the parking lot, 1/2 mile from where she stopped with the dog to play in the water. Yes, some people posted that they thought she came back and I had something to do with her disappearance.

Since Kat was a smoker and didn't take her cigarettes with her on the walk to where the trail meets the water, (she bummed a cigarette from one of the 7 people with her headed to the falls themselves) I believe after getting to the water and letting the dog play in the water, she wanted a cigarette and started back to the parking area. Since she didn't walk back to where Dave and I were sitting in the parking lot, I believe she took one of the other trails east and downhill to the dry lake road. I also believe she was picked up by someone, since she spoke excellent Spanish, and taken away. This belief comes after the many days of searching that went on and not one clue of any kind was found. The first road out of the trailhead would be about a mile, where the corral command post was. The next road would be about 4 miles from the trailhead.

Some believe she walked more north as the arroyo with water makes a turn north for a little while before turning east. This is the area where the military found a couple of pot farms but nobody around. This was on Saturday and they burned them when they found them. I haven't been in that area north of the trailhead but have been told the searchers came across three pot growing areas, one old that had been burned and two new that they burned that day. The military was quick to respond to the search, the next day after Kat and Tootsie went missing because they are out there day after day searching for pot farms among other things. Cesar was contacted Thursday evening, the evening of the day she disappeared because David's wife Nicole, contacted him. He contacted the military and they radioed the group in the area.

We did have a get together last night at the Brewery in San Felipe and talked about the facts in this disappearance and we did do a couple of Facebook live videos.

Lastly, I have contacted the Texas Quu Search Organization and asked for their help. They said they would come and search but have to wait until the local authorities authorize it.

Thank you all for your help and prayers and I do hope I get Kat, the love of my life, and our dog Tootsie back.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 08:12 AM

Thank you warnout for the update. Everyone hopes that Kat and Tootsie are found.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 08:20 AM

Wornout,
Thanks for your input directly.
I always worry about posting stuff from Facebook.
PW
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 09:16 AM

A cigarette.....

Es Todo Bueno
wornout
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2019 at 05:02 PM

Here is the latest. Five vehicles headed out today to put up flyers about Kat and Tootsie missing. Got to within 5 miles of the Diablo Falls Parking and were stopped by the local ranchers. We were told we couldn't go up there but not told why. We did get some posters up but didn't get to do the last 5 miles. Came home and posted on Facebook. Then came the answer the ranchers wouldn't tell me. Discovery Channel has rented the area for three weeks to do an episode of 'Named and Afraid'. Personally, it would be great if they did a special 'Woman and Dog Missing' or something like that. And so it goes.

[Edited on 5-5-2019 by wornout]

defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 10:25 PM

naked and afraid

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-5-2019 at 10:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by wornout  
Here is the latest. Five vehicles headed out today to put up flyers about Kat and Tootsie missing. Got to within 5 miles of the Diablo Falls Parking and were stopped by the local ranchers. We were told we couldn't go up there but not told why. We did get some posters up but didn't get to do the last 5 miles. Came home and posted on Facebook. Then came the answer the ranchers wouldn't tell me. Discovery Channel has rented the area for three weeks to do an episode of 'Named and Afraid'.

They better be afraid. Bad juju in that area.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 04:55 AM

Naked and Stupid.

John
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 5-11-2019 at 08:59 AM

From Warren, the husband on March 8, and it has been one month since Kat has gone missing. I'll leave my opinion out this time.

The investigation of what happened to Kat and Tootsie continues. Here is the latest: Tuesday, May 7th, 2019: Three pickups and one sedan, from PGJ&E, came to the house today around 11:30 am. One pickup was a K9 unit with a cadaver dog in a cage. There were approximately 12 Officers, two were K9 handlers, three were women and the rest were men. They told me this was part of the ongoing investigation and asked me if it was ok if they took pictures and then ran the dog and I said of course it was ok with me. They ran crime scene tape around the property then took many pictures both inside and outside the house. Two of the officers walked around the house sticking probes in the sand. Next they brought the dog out and the dog ran all over the property checking every square foot. I signed a report and they left. This whole ordeal took about an hour and a half. They said they were going to head out to Diablo Falls later in the week. I told them I was glad they did this, as it is now behind me, and that I was happy to hear they would head out to the Diablo Falls area.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.