Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  8
Author: Subject: snorkeling in La Paz
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-21-2019 at 02:33 PM

Is there a list what Bloomberg is considering "greenhouse gasses" and then we can see how many are natural (like water vapor, CO2 from living things, volcanoes, etc. man has no control over) vs. "industrial".

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2019 at 03:21 PM

Sill no evidence of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming ... yes the climate is changing both in consistent and unpredictable ways that have little to do with human generated CO2 driving increasing temperature rise. If you have proof please share.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-21-2019 at 05:17 PM
Feeling Comforted ?

" .........Sill[sic] no evidence of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming ........."

Assuming that positive proof might be forthcoming within decades .............. At that point, we'd be pretty well SCREWED !

Right ?

Sort of like waiting until THE BIG ONE arrives in California before making preparations.

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 7-21-2019 at 05:32 PM

like David said - you have to adapt when it happens

Harald Pietschmann
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 07:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Sill no evidence of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming ... yes the climate is changing both in consistent and unpredictable ways that have little to do with human generated CO2 driving increasing temperature rise. If you have proof please share.

we already have, numerous times, numerous well documented sources, scientific reports, data, graphs charts etc. You either ignore those - (unless your not capable of understanding them?). and then you post right wing blogs and opinion sites parotting talking points fabricated out of mid air to satisfy your agenda and ego. So, time for you to actually produce some peer reviewed science, that backs up your contention that current climate change has little to do with human generated CO2 driving temperature rise!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 07:28 AM

This October it will be 20 years since my wife and I snorkeled with Whale Sharks, Manta Rays and sea lions in La Paz on our honeymoon. We had a cabana at Los Arcos for a week in between camping our way down and back up the peninsula. We are planning on spending our anniversary somewhere in Baja. Maybe La Paz? Do they still snorkel there or are the seas too high? :o:lol::dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 07:40 AM

So for you conspiracy theorists about us scientists coming up with some sort of "secret plan" to keep our funding.

Yup - its true - we hold a secret meeting every year. In that meeting we make sure we are all in line with the mantras!

1. Bigfoot does not exist
2. WE actually did go to the moon
3. The earth really is round
4. Global warming is a thing.

Us scientists are really good at keeping secrets and devising these plans! in the case of global warming, we started all of that plan in motion in 1896 - when Nobel award winning Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius worked out - ooops i mean came up with this ridiculous idea that burning of fossil fuels lead to releasing CO2 into the atmosphere, and caused a greenhouse effect.

and we have been working on this secret plan since then, springing it on the world in the 1980s.

man - we are really good at conspiring to screw the general public, too bad so many geniuses are around and see through our plans and construct conspiracy theories based on lack of evidence, as proof - how cool is that!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 07:46 AM

caj13 - keep up the good work. It is appreciated. At least by this old white man. :)

When it doubt - read signature below

Peace, love, fish tacos!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 08:14 AM

It's doubtful that Mark Twain said:

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" - Mark Twain

And if Mark Twain, did actually say it, he probably ripped it off from a fortune cookie, because you see it all over the place with different variations and attributed to different people all over the world.

Personally I like this variation better:

"Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

The first time you hear these quotes, it's actually profound and funny, but after you heard it thousands of times, it starts sounded like a stale joke, and I cringe when someone writes in on a forum, thinking, " oh crap, not that stupid quote again!"

Regarding the global warning deniers, somebody has to challenge them once in a while to put up or shut up.

I can not believe in 2019 we have people, usually old white people, deny irrefutable science that global warning is real, and it's mostly caused by polluting mankind. We also have the vast majority of scientist about 96% who study global warming, confirm it's real, with the other 4% of scientist selling their soul to the oil industry to confuse the issue.

And then we have guys like 81 year old Barry A. claim he doesn't believe in anything he can't see, and go Trump!

Really Barry A?

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 08:17 AM

Can you imagine some visitor to La Paz doing an internet search about "Snorkeling in La Paz", and discovering this forum?

What a treasure trove of information they will have at their disposal! :rolleyes:

[Edited on 7-22-2019 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
It's doubtful that Mark Twain said:

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" - Mark Twain

And if Mark Twain, did actually say it, he probably ripped it off from a fortune cookie, because you see it all over the place with different variations and attributed to different people all over the world.

Personally I like this variation better:

"Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

The first time you hear these quotes, it's actually profound and funny, but after you heard it thousands of times, it starts sounded like a stale joke, and I cringe when someone writes in on a forum, thinking, " oh crap, not that stupid quote again!"

Regarding the global warning deniers, somebody has to challenge them once in a while to put up or shut up.

I can not believe in 2019 we have people, usually old white people, deny irrefutable science that global warning is real, and it's mostly caused by polluting mankind. We also have the vast majority of scientist about 96% who study global warming, confirm it's real, with the other 4% of scientist selling their soul to the oil industry to confuse the issue.

And then we have guys like 81 year old Barry A. claim he doesn't believe in anything he can't see, and go Trump!

Really Barry A?

Well, JoJo, that is not exactly what I said, but close. Yes, I take with a grain-of-salt what I "see" on the internet because there is so much of it that is spin, misrepresented, and frankly just out of context, or worse, lies. As for "Global warming"----yes, it's happening---I am not a denier. I just am not ready to bankrupt the world by taking extreme measures that will only effect the possible outcome by maybe 3%, being generous.

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 09:17 AM

so your kid is not well
doctors have an idea of what the illness is
no medication has been tried and tested yet
but doctors are certain, a regiment of (unproven) treatments will make your kid better
they recommend to take the chance

You: "No, lets wait until the kid gets really sick - we'll do something then."

Harald Pietschmann
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 09:50 AM

abc---------you are comparing one person (my kid) with "the world"? What I would do or not do with my kids treatment is totally different (to me) than what I think the world-body en masse should do when confronted with a problem of this magnitude. Both situations are a gamble, but the stakes are entirely different in scope. There is positive scientific proof that we could be hit with an asteroid as it has happened before, but I don't think disrupting and at least partially destroying the economies of the world would justify the expenditure necessary to possibly mitigate that happening.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 10:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

but I don't think disrupting and at least partially destroying the economies of the world

What are you talking about?

What does it have to do with climate change?

[Edited on 7-22-2019 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 10:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

but I don't think disrupting and at least partially destroying the economies of the world

What???? You'rer kidding, right? To finance and implement the various methods of combating "climate change" for even minimal effect is staggering, and would consume much of the assets of the developed world, I understand.

I am all for "alternative energy" development, but not the solutions proposed in the "Green New Deal" as I understand them.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 10:51 AM

What???? You'rer kidding, right? To finance and implement the various methods of combating "climate change" for even minimal effect is staggering, and would consume much of the assets of the developed world, I understand.

You understand? Do tell. What are you talking about? What you said above explains nothing. Where are the costs?

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 10:56 AM

You understand? Do tell. What are you talking about? What you said above explains nothing. Where are the costs?

We must be talking past each other. I have no idea what you are saying, or asking. (now I see your edit)----the "costs" are outlined in the "Green New Deal", and they are staggering!!! most costs being in shifting from Carbon to Alternative sources soon.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 11:07 AM

Good, now we're talking. So you believe global warming is caused by the burning of fossil fuels but are against spending large sums of money to move away from fossil fuels and on to renewables? Is that true?

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 11:18 AM

climate change! I thought we were talking about snorkeling in La Paz!:lol:
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2019 at 11:22 AM

that ended 5 pages back :D

Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.