BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: INDIAN LABOR AT THE CALIFORNIA MISSIONS SLAVERY OR SALVATION?
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 01:03 PM

John,

Which part of “Justice” is about Looting and burning plus beating random civilians. Then there is the mass murder of minorities by other minorities! Which part of “Justice” is that?
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 01:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
I used my fingers. You know, the same thing you use to pull up your skirt.

Uncalled for. :(

no to mention rather dick-ish......but if that is all ya got........

Was just kidding. I guess my old buddies and I are just a bit more rough around the edges.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 01:27 PM
Ditching the Duke

Forget about a John Wayne statue.

He's soon to be Gone with the Wind of Unconditional Ostracism.

Those "Mostly Peaceful" rioting, burning, looting disciples of historical hysteria want his Racist name wiped off O.C.'s airport and banished to the Sarcophagus of Shame.

The leading (Asian) candidates to replace him are said to be Le Duc Tho or Vo Nguyen Giap, but that is unconfirmed.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 01:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
John,

Which part of “Justice” is about Looting and burning plus beating random civilians. Then there is the mass murder of minorities by other minorities! Which part of “Justice” is that?

Do we associate everyone on the right with Tim McVeigh? Don't blame 99.9% of the peaceful protesters for a few bad apples.

John
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 03:00 PM

Well,

McVeigh and friend were two domestic terrorists! They killed 168 people for which they were punished! That was in April 1995. Since that same date there have been on average 564 murders a year just in Chicago alone. Most are minority on minority crimes. Most are unsolved! That’s around 15K in murders just for CHI. Want to add East St Louis and 10 or so other large “Blue” cities to that number. This year Chicago is on a roll with almost 300 murders in the first 6 months that’s up almost 30%!

But “Blue Privilege” and “White Privilege” are the problem, looting and burning neighborhood minority owned stores is the “solution”! (Not)

There have been 2 or 3 minority murders in the police free zone in Seattle just in the last few days! None involving the police!

I’m not associating the peaceful protesters with the violence! I’m saying that they are clueless about what the real problem is or the solution. Most of them have never lived in a mostly minority urban area! How about you? I grew up a mile or so from Watts. My draft board’s office was at 54st & Crenshaw and Killer King Hospital was just down the street!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 6-30-2020 at 11:35 PM

Well,

McVeigh and friend were two domestic terrorists! They killed 168 people for which they were punished! That was in April 1995. Since that same date there have been on average 564 murders a year just in Chicago alone. Most are minority on minority crimes. Most are unsolved! That’s around 15K in murders just for CHI. Want to add East St Louis and 10 or so other large “Blue” cities to that number. This year Chicago is on a roll with almost 300 murders in the first 6 months that’s up almost 30%!

But “Blue Privilege” and “White Privilege” are the problem, looting and burning neighborhood minority owned stores is the “solution”! (Not)

There have been 2 or 3 minority murders in the police free zone in Seattle just in the last few days! None involving the police!

I’m not associating the peaceful protesters with the violence! I’m saying that they are clueless about what the real problem is or the solution. Most of them have never lived in a mostly minority urban area! How about you? I grew up a mile or so from Watts. My draft board’s office was at 54st & Crenshaw and Killer King Hospital was just down the street!

85% of whites attack and kill other whites. This is a problem that has been happening across the country and still plagues our nation.

Stop using 'Black-on-Black crime statistics' to pull the focus away from Police brutality.
link: https://www.cleveland.com/news/2020/06/stop-using-black-on-b...

White on White crime: An unspoken tragedy
link: https://westtexastribune.com/white-on-white-crime-an-unspoke...

Before attempting to fix my house, you need to get your house in order!:yes:
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 07:05 AM

Ken,

Recently, where policing has been reduced violence and murder have increased dramatically. In Chicago, NYC, LA, Minneapolis and Seattle! What is your solution?
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 08:34 AM

Society and culture are two different things
The strategic societal goals of reducing gang violence is a good thing.
The tactical plan to implement that goal is hindered by the embedded culture of the inner city gangs and the lack of any educational or economic path to transition from that inner city gang culture.

Culture counts, mentoring the correct culture is the path forward. Traditional police work doesn't have this part in their playbook and that is the change our society desires in the job.
Police union's wants NO part of that, so status quo it is as secretly desired by both political parties, but the masses are to wrapped up in their anger to ever begin to see that.

Es Todo Bueno
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 08:52 AM
It's Gonna be a Hoot !

Those of us who chose decades ago to emigrate from the toxic urban sprawl are (so far) fairly immune from the inevitable crowd chaos and destruction, so it's easy to view the ongoing absurdity as an alternate entertainment medium, especially with the various premium channels offering so much repetitive and limited movie fare.

Eventually, of course, the official "Cheek-Spreading" is going to hit us financially, but so far-so good.

With all of this nonsense about reducing the (already insufficient) level of law-enforcement, about the worst possible idea that I've heard/seen is that of dispatching "Mental Health Counselors" instead of armed officers) to calls involving nutcases. Especially, Domestic Disturbances which LE officers consider one of the MOST dangerous calls that they go on.

Should they find enough of those "counselors" dumb enough to give that a try, expect to see a rise in body-bagged counselors.

Which will make for "must-see" TV.

[Edited on 7-1-2020 by MrBillM]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 08:43 PM

Ken,

Recently, where policing has been reduced violence and murder have increased dramatically. In Chicago, NYC, LA, Minneapolis and Seattle! What is your solution?

RFClark, Have you been following the George Floyd arrest?
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 10:08 PM
Following Floyd

Was a Riot !
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2020 at 10:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
Ken,

RFClark, Have you been following the George Floyd arrest?

This troll is trying to bait you, Ken. It is arguing for the other side.

Today, President Bunkerboy said Black Lives Matter is a symbol of hate. Bet all the republicans are behind him on that.

Some of those people are posting here.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 08:19 AM

impotus has managed to make racism the defining characteristic of the Republican platform. i was naive for some years thinking we were living in a post racial America. as much as i would like to blame der gropen fuhrer for this, he can only be credited for seeing , enabling ,encouraging and exploiting the fear 40% of Americans have regarding the browning of the usa. there is nothing as easy to sell as fear.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 09:13 AM
Nothing Sells Fear Better ..............

.............. Than having something to FEAR.

Granting that DT is a master at stoking division, crowds rioting, looting, burning and destroying symbols of American (not just Confederate) history while vocalizing their intent to " Burn the System Down " ............ Fear is both reasonable and in need of response.

The mobs ARE to be FEARED.

And FOUGHT.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 11:17 AM

John,

....Then there is the mass murder of minorities by other minorities! .....

Really? Where and when was that?

It seems most mass murders are done in the usa by crazy white guys....

Don't believe everything you think....
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
.............. Than having something to FEAR.

Granting that DT is a master at stoking division, crowds rioting, looting, burning and destroying symbols of American (not just Confederate) history while vocalizing their intent to " Burn the System Down " ............ Fear is both reasonable and in need of response.

The mobs ARE to be FEARED.

And FOUGHT.

it worked on you bill....you're frightened. choose not to be. changes need to be made.....it will not happen by voting. voting changes very little....if it did they wouldn't let us do it.

[Edited on 7-2-2020 by pacificobob]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 04:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
Society and culture are two different things
The strategic societal goals of reducing gang violence is a good thing.
The tactical plan to implement that goal is hindered by the embedded culture of the inner city gangs and the lack of any educational or economic path to transition from that inner city gang culture.

Culture counts, mentoring the correct culture is the path forward. Traditional police work doesn't have this part in their playbook and that is the change our society desires in the job.
Police union's wants NO part of that, so status quo it is as secretly desired by both political parties, but the masses are to wrapped up in their anger to ever begin to see that.

I agree 100%---------bingo!!!!!
Barry
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2020 at 06:05 PM
No Fear Here

I'm simply ready to do what I've been ready to do (and doing) since teen years. Legally (more or less) shoot anyone who presents a deadly threat. And, I encourage others to be ready to do the same.

Not that any encouragement seems to be necessary. Gun sales are breaking new records daily as citizens become aware that THIS may be IT !

Armageddon !

We were caught by surprise in '65. We've now had plenty of warning.

It will be kill or be killed with none of that nonsense that the cops are going to be there to "Protect and Serve". I've had a gun come to my aid a number of times in six decades and the cops none.

On the one hand, this accumulating crap is frustrating and depressing but, at this stage near the closing end, it's also exciting. Going out with a bang (literally) and taking one or more along beats hell out of a miserable deterioration from (Cancer, Covid, Heart, or ......) disease. I've seen too many rot away in agony to choose that.

Years back, there was an old geezer in Anaheim that made the news when, after numerous incidents, he blew away one of the kids who were constantly trespassing over (and damaging) his lawn and landscaping. As he explained, he was fed up, dying from cancer and said "to hell with it, what can they do to me".

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2020 at 05:00 AM

I've owned firearms for almost 55 years now and feel the same as lencho. It's exceptionally rare that anyone ever encounters a situation where a firearm is needed. Having it come to your aid multiple times is disturbing. I think there's more to your story.

I stopped carrying in bear country, where I now bring bear spray, shown to be more effective from most information I've researched. I want the bear to go away, not kill or wound it. YMMV.

John
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2020 at 06:56 AM

i have had lots of guns starting at 12YO. never felt the need to "protect" myself with one. the story about some guy dying of cancer and shooting people on his his lawn is tragic and sad.....far from an inspiring. please make an attempt to be careful of whom you chose to shoot.
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.