Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: LAUNCH RAMPS CLOSED TO GRINGOS
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 04:16 PM

There are many ways to get around this.

PM if you want suggestions and / or someone you can reach out to for help.

We'll get your boat in the water fast.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 04:32 PM

Is it about access to the launch ramp, or access to the fish?

Why would the charter operators care if a Gringo (or Canadian for that matter) wanted to launch a small sailboat?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 05:08 PM

Assume this doesn't apply to launching in Puerto Escondido, correct?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 05:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

the panga owners banned private boats, because private boats don't charter pangas.
the panga owners think banning private boats will make all the private boat parties into panga charter customers.
the panga owners dont realize that private boat owners are mostly trailering boats and are just going to plan their vacations in another town, and scratch loreto off the list.
the few local expats will just have to move to another town.
if i were local, i would never trust a shady panga owner that generates business by using unfair or corrupt government actions or inflicting harm on their customers.

[Edited on 8-14-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 05:26 PM

Why would the charter operators care if a Gringo (or Canadian for that matter) wanted to launch a small sailboat?

i suspect trailer sailors may get swept up in the ban as collateral damage

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 05:43 PM

Our panga is Mexican—built and registered here in Loreto. We are over 65. We don't fish. We simply would like to go out on our boat. The Port Captain said the "law" (which it isn't) was set by Semaforo (Federal Govt.) The same rules should apply to the entire peninsula.

The Semaforo website says all of Baja is in level 5 of the Sanitary Alert System (6 being shut down). It is, of course, idiotic to say hiring a Mexican captain/panga is "covid-safer" than my husband and me going out alone together on our panga.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 05:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

the panga owners banned private boats, because private boats don't charter pangas.
the panga owners think banning private boats will make all the private boat parties into panga charter customers.
the panga owners dont realize that private boat owners are mostly trailering boats and are just going to plan their vacations in another town, and scratch loreto off the list.
the few local expats will just have to move to another town.
if i were local, i would never trust a shady panga owner that generates business by using unfair or corrupt government actions or inflicting harm on their customers.

[Edited on 8-14-2020 by mtgoat666]

To be crystal clear, it's NOT the private Mexican pangueros who are "banning" foreign owned private boats.

These men are the finest people you would ever want to know.

It's the leadership in town who are inking the reglas, in concert with (I have no proof) a panga fleet owner, who just happens to be the husband of the person who does ink the reglas.

But if you actually lived here, had a boat and went fishing on it, you too would know this.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 06:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Marla Daily  
. It is, of course, idiotic to say hiring a Mexican captain/panga is "covid-safer" than my husband and me going out alone together on our panga.

Absolutely.....as if only a MX panga charter operator has a magic wand and can wave the Rona virus out of the way, while clipping along at 20 knots on the way to the yellowtail honey hole. And a foreigner cannot do that.

Spray the handrails down with bleach, rinse the deck with Cloro..force the mackerel bait to drink chloroquine chloride methyl hydrate..which DON'T have the Rona for good measure.

It's just STUPID

And don't you dare run your panga up on the sand at Coronado Isla....the Rona cops will yank you off, fine you untold thousands of pesos for the sheer gall of playing at waters edge on a hot day in August.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 06:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gallesram  
Assume this doesn't apply to launching in Puerto Escondido, correct?

Correct
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 09:19 PM

Right on and good for Loreto! Glad to see someone is taking a stand and making it hard for gringos to just run a muck over this place. possibly a small retaliation for what the US has been doing to them for years or just getting sick of us telling them how to run their country.

Maybe a whole bunch of South Dakota plated free loaders not getting to put in their boat. So sad. The travesty.
An idea! Start treating this country like your own and maybe you can receive the benefits you want.
just sayin
viva la vida

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 09:23 PM

I live in Loreto and I request that the title of this thread be changed because it is UNTRUE!!

Boats that are permitted to use the Loreto ramp have a valid permit to take out tourists, called permiso nautica, issued by the port captain. Also the port Captain is a "by the book" kind of guy so its insulting to read the ignorant and negative comments about him! You should apologize or delete them lady!

The closure is not limited to GRINGOS! ALL private boats are prohibited from using the town ramp. There's a well known local Mexicano Loretano accountant who loves to fish in his own panga, guess what? He can't go out either. It has NOTHING to do with Mexican Captains or Gringos. It has everything to do with the permit on the BOAT!

Agreed, these rules SUCK! Nobody can even land on the islands as the "park" will not allow it, permits or no permits!

The "over 65" rule was actually in the DRAFT of the new covid sportfishing protocols but it was struck out after lots and lots of folks raised a big stink with the health authorities. None of the Captains wrote these rules but they have to live with them.

As for paddleboarding and kayaks Señora and other locals, remember the beaches are closed? Since March? Paddleboards and kayaks launch off the beach so I guess you can't use them since the playa is cerrado? I dunno we all hate the beach closures and the park islands closures but they have NOTHING at all to do about Gringos or non Gringos. These closures and restrictions are affecting gringos, Mexicans, and everyone.

So stop it people! If you're going to post sensationalism at least get the facts straight!

jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 09:43 PM

viva la vida,

You may be correct or you might be full of hot air. It will take more than one post to establish credibility!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 10:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
Right on and good for Loreto! Glad to see someone is taking a stand and making it hard for gringos to just run a muck over this place. possibly a small retaliation for what the US has been doing to them for years or just getting sick of us telling them how to run their country.

Maybe a whole bunch of South Dakota plated free loaders not getting to put in their boat. So sad. The travesty.
An idea! Start treating this country like your own and maybe you can receive the benefits you want.
just sayin
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 10:19 PM

Charlie the pendio has spoken retard free loader. :bounce:
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2020 at 11:10 PM

Come on ppl.

If you can't get your boat in the water you aren't trying too hard.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2020 at 05:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by viva la vida  
I live in Loreto and I request that the title of this thread be changed because it is UNTRUE!!

Boats that are permitted to use the Loreto ramp have a valid permit to take out tourists, called permiso nautica, issued by the port captain. Also the port Captain is a "by the book" kind of guy so its insulting to read the ignorant and negative comments about him! You should apologize or delete them lady!

The closure is not limited to GRINGOS! ALL private boats are prohibited from using the town ramp. There's a well known local Mexicano Loretano accountant who loves to fish in his own panga, guess what? He can't go out either. It has NOTHING to do with Mexican Captains or Gringos. It has everything to do with the permit on the BOAT!

Agreed, these rules SUCK! Nobody can even land on the islands as the "park" will not allow it, permits or no permits!

The "over 65" rule was actually in the DRAFT of the new covid sportfishing protocols but it was struck out after lots and lots of folks raised a big stink with the health authorities. None of the Captains wrote these rules but they have to live with them.

As for paddleboarding and kayaks Señora and other locals, remember the beaches are closed? Since March? Paddleboards and kayaks launch off the beach so I guess you can't use them since the playa is cerrado? I dunno we all hate the beach closures and the park islands closures but they have NOTHING at all to do about Gringos or non Gringos. These closures and restrictions are affecting gringos, Mexicans, and everyone.

So stop it people! If you're going to post sensationalism at least get the facts straight!

Quote:

Arturo is the local jefe of API in Loreto Arturo also happens to operate the one and only panga sportfishing fleet in Loreto Arturo is also the husband of the Presidente of the municipal.

Viva,
Was Arturo behind writing the rule that bans private boats from the public ramp?

Woke!

CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 8-14-2020 at 06:11 AM

What Marla and Dali are saying is true. Vida la Vida is delusional. Charlie Manson is a pendejo. The port captain is not allowing gringo boats to launch even with a Mexican Captain. If you’re a gringo with a Mexican registered Ponga you can’t put it in the water in Loreto but you can in Puerto Escondido. When the boats leave the Marina in Loreto they’re allowed one captain and two fishermen that’s the rules. That being said I live a quarter-mile north of the boat ramp and I saw a local dive operator launch with as munch as nine people in the boat. The pongeros are picking up clients from the beach as well and will drive away with four or five people on the boat. I’ve had property in Loreto for 30 years and lived here full-time for the last 15 years I moved here because of fishing. I’ve spent less time fishing the last year or so because of the vibe at the boat ramp. I have dual citizenship so when in Mexico I’m a Mexican but in the eyes of the port captain I’m a gringo. A lot of things have tightened down in Loreto since this Covid started. I think everybody’s looking to somehow grab as much money as they can in these times. The gringo community has helped the poor people of Loreto a lot through these times and these people deserve it. Another group in Loreto is just trying to get all they can through this. We could talk about the water bills next. There’s a small group that controls Loreto and it’s been that way for a long time.

[Edited on 8-14-2020 by CJ]

[Edited on 8-14-2020 by CJ]
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2020 at 06:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by viva la vida  

Quote:

Arturo is the local jefe of API in Loreto Arturo also happens to operate the one and only panga sportfishing fleet in Loreto Arturo is also the husband of the Presidente of the municipal.

Viva,
Was Arturo behind writing the rule that bans private boats from the public ramp?

You don't fish, don't own a rod and reel, don't own a boat, don't go to Loreto, don't use the launch ramp and don't live within 700 miles of Loreto

And here you are, making EIGHT comments on a thread that does not concern you one iota.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2020 at 06:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  

just sayin

How did you get this way?
Did some blond kid beat you up?

Are you the spawn of Jihad Jay Salman?
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-14-2020 at 07:49 AM

This is unfortunate, Arturo is simply shooting himself in the foot. If local gringoes can't launch their boats they will move. It may not happen overnight but it will happen. Loreto will be known as unfriendly to tourists and gringoes who want to fish from their own boats and its reputation will be sullied. If I recall, best fishing is north of Loreto so launching from Puerto Escondido will be a time consuming and gas wasting option.
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.