BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Time for a change of sites..?
RJM

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 01:53 PM

I could not agree more with what has been generally said above. One of the main reasons I go to Baja is because of the friendly people I meet; be they locals or visitors. I was starting to question my decision regarding taking my family and friends to Baja due to the nastiness of some of the recent posts and the coddling of one poster in particular who delights in his brand of childish misbehavior. Being new to this site; it is encouraging to see that others are having these same reservations. I will stick around for the advice and information and will even put up with the discourse a while longer, now that I know how others view this disruption to an otherwise pleasant experience. Pompano, I hope you too... will reconsider because I look forward to your fishing reports.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 02:26 PM

This is the first board that I have ever particiapted in and I thought when I joined that I had found a place to share and enjoy tales of Baja and help newbies(I didnt even know that word before I joined) find what they are looking for when they come here.
I don't understand all the stuff that goes on and frankly don't want to but I find myself not even wanting to check the posts anymore...except Pompanos are always fun.
Anyway, those of you who have been doing this for a time seem to think that this will pass. I just wonder what will take its place?

[Edited on 3-30-2005 by bajajudy]

eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 02:31 PM
my 2 cents

my wife spends alot of time on a band related message posting board where people spend time just tearing each other up....in my opinion that kind of rhetoric gets old and boring quickly but unfortunately on any board,no matter what the topic,youre going to have people there who get there jollys from getting a rise out of others usually by negative means.....pompano and others like him are what keep me coming back to this board and hopefully the interesting and informative folks will continue posting on here or it will be just like most other message boards...a bunch of negative B.S.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 02:37 PM

Pompano - your fishing stories and all of the thousands of photos you must have are just fantastic. Do what I do and just ingnore some of the crap that goes on from time to time - it always fades away. There is just too much good stuff that way outweighs the negative stuff, ya know. I hope you stay around.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 02:53 PM

Pompano,

Your stories and photos are the best thing about loggin-on these days !
Don't stop.

Please check your U2U
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

thumbup.gif posted on 3-30-2005 at 03:42 PM
I ditto just about everyting in this thread.

The right wingers don't have a monopoly on posting crap. There's no need for it from anyone. I have a hard time not getting sucked into it. I have strongly held opinions too, but I've learned that they don't have a place on a board like this. Pompano...you and the others like you will win out over organisms like Blackie. Peace, love and fish tacos.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 03:58 PM

No te vayas pompano.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 04:42 PM
It's the General Discussion Board....

.......that seems to be the problem, IMO.

I am finding that I spend more of my time on the Q & A Board because the posters are more focused on, well, questions and their answers. Much less oratory. Much more info geared towards traveling the Baja.

The Trips Report Board is also good.

If I had a wish, it would be that we all use the restaurant review board more than we do. We all have a wealth of individual info on restaurants in Baja and they end up getting talked about on the General Discussion Board......very difficult to search that unless you know the name of the restaurant.

The similarities with the tone of the old Amigos board (near the end) is certainly here.

Still, there are a few unnamed individuals (like we really have to name them :lol:) that need to be woodshedded by the Admins. Just trying to make trouble, again and again.

Pitchforks and torches, anyone?

[Edited on 3-30-2005 by Hook]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 05:48 PM
Boy, what can I say....?

I guess I never knew that there were so many people out there reading my fishing posts and reacting to my cracked psyche. Just goes to show you how Baja can captivate a person. It makes me feel good that you all love the place as much as I do..and I like the fact that someone's report or story brings you back to Baja..if only for the moment. So I think I wll just hang around and post my fishing trips while throwing some devilment into the works now and then. I've learned a couple of things about selective options and what to ignore. Good to know that there are so many real nice folks who want to relate to things Baja.

Damn!...I snorted up a tear or two while reading those kind remarks...and Lord knows, that's not a pretty sight! Took away Phyl's appetite! And we were going to have beef stroganoff, too...sigh. I feel like the Grinch.

I would like to thank you for all the nice remarks. I doubt I shall live up to anybody's expectations, but I WILL try to relay the sheer fun I have out there on the Cortez...and on the Baja shore. Hasta pronto, amigos....y muchas gracias.

[Edited on 3-31-2005 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
BajaVida
Senior Nomad

Mood: muy cool

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 06:06 PM
I guess I will start to read your fishing posts

but I gotta admit there are posts from some people that I don't read because I do not like to read personal attacks

lots of information gets shared here and friendships are made

if we report a bad post, what happens?

should it be placed in the P-nche Cabron Comments section? there the guilty ones can read their own venom and get their jollies from it

I do admit to posting some things marginally related to Baja, but normally in good fun

[Edited on 3-31-2005 by BajaVida]

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 07:16 PM

As a board gets bigger, more will test the waters... Give Doug and the moderators a few hours to a day, and the caca will get removed. As someone else said, don't let the bad guys win.

I am very proud of Doug's efforts here... He is very fair with all sides on an issue... He is the Ben Franklin of Baja forums, IMHO. People who operate competing Baja forums probably shouldn't have freedom to spoil this one?

There was a big full moon recently, and that very well could have affected some people.

Thanks everyone who u2u or emailed me, and I will do my best to not 'play the game' with someone who can't be reasoned with or refuses to make peace.

Remember, we are here to read, learn, and share Baja information, stories, and friendships. All personal stuff really belongs off the site, or at least in the Off Topic (non-Baja) Forum... The cat box, as Doug calls it... where caca belongs.

As Vagabndo says: "Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos!" (that probably would make a great bumper sticker!... hey Perry!):yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Calexicocarrera

Mood: Feo

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 08:11 PM

Seems to me that this is one of the best baja boards out there, except for the sections like off-topic, etc.

What about just gettin rid of some of the areas like off-topic, make it only baja related and moderate heavily?

Hate to see it all go down the tubes over a couple bad apples.

Southbound and down!

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Calexicocarrera
Seems to me that this is one of the best baja boards out there, except for the sections like off-topic, etc.

What about just gettin rid of some of the areas like off-topic, make it only baja related and moderate heavily?

yes but who are the bad apples? every one is following the rules . if they don't Doug will remove them. I just don't see the problem here.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 08:38 PM

Quote:

Calexico,

Is that really you on the avatar? :wow:
Humboldt Chris and Robin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 08:40 PM
keep up the good work

all boards on all topics have people that abuse the sensibilities of others, just seems to be a fact of life in the anonymous digital age. I read this board (and Fred's too) religiously and love the great posts that so many of you put up. I'd much rather meet you all in person and suck down several cold ones and exagerate our Baja experiences beyond comprehension, but failing that, I'll continue to read and post my experiences here. I have learned SO MUCH from all of you and continue to learn more and I just blast on by the naysayers who have a bone to pick. Thanks to those who put these boards together and I hope you resist potential censorship that could easily befall this site.

I'm so teary eyed thinking about Baja (ugly weather in Humboldt County right now) that I'm gonna go plaster some more Baja stickers on my truck!

Again - thanks to the moderators for keeping these boards alive!!!
Calexicocarrera

Mood: Feo

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:

Calexico,

Well, I've been on that atkins stoopid diet and have lost a few LBs, but for the most part yeah. You lookin to set me up with your sister ol buddy?

:biggrin:

Southbound and down!

Braulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 09:44 AM

Calexico -

The "Special topics" area was created to siphon (or blow) off some of the caca that was messing up the General Discussion board - it seemed like a good alternative to just deleting stuff. I guess Doug will explain more if he wants.

If anyone sees something on the General board that doesn't fit just ask the moderator to move it - it sometimes works.

If you're in Calexico, u2u me sometime and we'll do the 111 Club.

Jesse - Is that you in your avatar?
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 01:40 PM

:spingrin::tumble: geeessss now you guys got me snivillin', and it wasn't even my fight. I say BULLY!!! to the bad and don't even respond to them. Now that you know that we ALL want you to stay, I or anyone one of us won't have to go anywhere else either;D;D;D;D;D:biggrin::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
So lets get on with the Baja fun!!!!
BajaRuby........Yipppy Yippppy Yippppppy
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Braulio

Jesse - Is that you in your avatar?

Thats general Pancho Villa sir, bandido, rebel, all around great guerrilla and military strategist, until he ended up like swiss chesse on a lonely Chihuaha street.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 04:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Quote:

Calexico,

Well, I've been on that atkins stoopid diet and have lost a few LBs, but for the most part yeah. You lookin to set me up with your sister ol buddy?

:biggrin:

Tell you what, i will pass your offer as well as your image to her, and lets see what she thinks;)
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.