Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: 2022 San Felipe 250 Race (Map) Discussion
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2022 at 05:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Riding on my bike one road 30 miles to only one house for miles . Yes trash dump from the one house. Its every place here sad to say you wont get anywhere with score. 50 years or more not fixing roads no such thing as Roger PD . For road repair Mexico likes racing more then repair roads or trash. Sadly true but thats how it is. Us on dirt bikes and SXS you cant even tell we been there .

Yes, the lack of a good PR campaign is an example of a "self inflicted wound" by SCORE. Getting out ahead of potential problems is PR 101.

Taking care of orphans is good, taking care of the desert is good. They are not mutually exclusive activities, especially when a TT costs $500K. SCORE is not hurting for money.

It's closer to yacht racing today. You can't really play without substantial resources.

John

[Edited on 3-15-2022 by John Harper]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-15-2022 at 01:32 PM

Your correct John but wrong HAHA on TT way over million bucks. A few of us out on trail bikes or SXS. Have never had a problem dealing with ranchos . Yes when Score runs a race they ruin it for all. Its not my place to tell them what to do as Mex allows it. Right or wrong with our thoughts from USA. This is Mexico good or bad I get it when someone. Writes about all off road people are this or that we do know who it is. Nature Natzi is not will be told otherwise.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2022 at 01:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Your correct John but wrong HAHA on TT way over million bucks.

Yes, I was being conservative with my estimate of a TT racer. Definitely a sport for the (very) wealthy. It must cost thousands just to race a motorcycle.

John

[Edited on 3-15-2022 by John Harper]
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-15-2022 at 03:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by akshadow  
How about every responsible person carry a trash bag and pick up some of the litter where they watch the race. Personal examples go a long way in encouraging others to be responsible.

I sure wish that was true. I've been picking up trash and dog chit bags every day on my morning 5 mile walk for the last five years. I've had many people complement me on my good works. I've yet to see anyone else emulate my good works.

John

[Edited on 3-14-2022 by John Harper]

John--------It hopefully will do your heart good to find out that I have been picking up trash everywhere I go for over 75 years, including in Baja. People compliment me constantly to my face, but I have heard that they mostly think I am really odd. I don't really care much what they think, but I do know that it does MY HEART good to be doing my trash pickup, so I continue. LOL

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-15-2022 at 03:33 PM

give our cuates SOMEWHERE to put their garbage and they will happily oblige, they could take it home but then what?:?:

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2022 at 04:02 PM

Perhaps SCORE could promote "pack it in, pack it out" or "Leave No Trace." Neither is a concept very hard to comprehend. If these spectators can bring it out, there really is no excuse for not bringing it back with them. I have no idea what kind of contact SCORE really has with the spectators, they may not really care for all I know. I'm sure some of the sponsors (beer, tires, etc.) may care. The sponsors may even do some positive messaging about litter, I have no idea, but there is a bit of corporate self interest in social responsibility.

John
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2022 at 04:46 PM

Works for us hikers and campers. "Leave no trace". Racers don't leave anything either. They always retrieve the broken trucks and most of the lost parts.
Spectators sure don't care and discard what the do not want to take home. The Mexican way of life we all do not understand.

The volunteers that do cleanup is minimal and the trash is huge
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2022 at 07:02 PM

That is very true now we should get back to off road . As intended when David started this.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2022 at 07:12 PM

Azufre and Matomi not marked today
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-16-2022 at 07:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
Works for us hikers and campers. "Leave no trace". Racers don't leave anything either. They always retrieve the broken trucks and most of the lost parts.
Spectators sure don't care and discard what the do not want to take home. The Mexican way of life we all do not understand.

The volunteers that do cleanup is minimal and the trash is huge

Since volunteers do minimal cleanup, why doesn’t SCoRE just hire laborers to clean the course? Doesn’t score have any pride in their worK? Are they proud of the trash they leave scattered all over Baja? The whole course does not have to be cleaned, just the areas where spectators gather. Unskilled labor is cheap, the racers can afford to each pay an extra $100 or $200 fee to cleanup after their fans.
Dk and bajatrailslug can be the foremen :lol::lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2022 at 07:34 PM

More trash talk from trash man
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-16-2022 at 07:58 PM

In 2014 tropical storm Odile wiped out the road over the pass that is near San Isidro and La Purisima. It took front loaders, and bulldozers to get it open up to anything other than pack animals.

It got done a whole lot sooner than other roads that got wiped out that year, because the Baja 1K was scheduled to use that route!

After the race, there was a large crew of people from the area out fixing the washboard and ruts made by the racers. There were whole families, with mostly hand tools, and they seemed to be enjoying the project.

Judging by the smiles, I am sure that someone was throwing some money their way, and the same goes for the speedy heavy equipment part of the repairs.

Was it SCORE?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2022 at 05:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Was it SCORE?

If it was, that's the kind of stuff they should be publicizing. OTOH, I have had no response to my email so far.

Race Question:

Will the TTs need fuel pits for a 250 race? How many pits for a 1000? Are the pit areas staggered along the course, centralized? And what about the other classes, how do they arrange fuel stops? Does DK just pick a spot on the course and wait for me with couple 5 gallon jerry cans?

John
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2022 at 06:57 AM

Yes, DK CAN pick a spot on the course and fuel you up as you stop in for a sandwich and a coffee.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2022 at 08:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Yes, DK CAN pick a spot on the course and fuel you up as you stop in for a sandwich and a coffee.

As long as he has plenty of cold Pacificos too!

John
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2022 at 08:21 AM

TTs usually pit every ~100 miles based of fuel need. Bikes/Quads much more often. Team pit locations are not advertised. Find them when you do a prerun. Organized pit services are advertised. BFG will probably have two major pit stops not announced yet.
For best viewing IMO find the BFG pit where action occurs throughout the race for TT and lesser vehicles.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-17-2022 at 10:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by PaulW  
TTs usually pit every ~100 miles based of fuel need. Bikes/Quads much more often. Team pit locations are not advertised. Find them when you do a prerun. Organized pit services are advertised. BFG will probably have two major pit stops not announced yet.
For best viewing IMO find the BFG pit where action occurs throughout the race for TT and lesser vehicles.

hey Paul finally an in-n-out in baja! love it!:biggrin:

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-17-2022 at 11:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  

As long as he has plenty of cold Pacificos too!

John

What am I supposed to be doing...??? LOL :lol:
Pacifico, sí, y nada más! :light::cool:

Baja1000_cubeta_pacifico.jpg - 166kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2022 at 07:14 AM

hey Paul finally an in-n-out in baja! love it!:biggrin:[/rquote]

Don, Here is the image of in-n-out for the rest to see

Untitled.jpg - 221kB

Across for EL Dorado ARCO
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-18-2022 at 07:33 AM

Too funny!! Can I see what a Double-Double looks like? Is Animal-style offered? LOL

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.