Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bocana scholarship students update 9/20/22
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2022 at 02:26 AM
Bocana scholarship students update 9/20/22

Alexis, who started college at the TEC univ in Santa Rosalia in 2012 and got a job working at El Boleo in Santa Rosalia when he graduated, wrote to say that the strike ended and he is back at work. Last time he and I chatted, he said that the company bigwigs had said that if an agreement was not reached by the end of August, they were going to close El Boleo down. Thank goodness, all is well.

Here is a photo of Alexis and I in front of his university in 2012

My about to graduate, finishing up her thesis, student, Cristina, wrote to say she interviewed and was hired for her first real job! She is so excited and she must finish up her thesis in order to become a permanent hire.

So proud of her!

The company that she will be working for is:

https://www.pacificoaquaculture.com/

Here is a photo of she and I at the beach restaurant in La bocana, 5 years ago. She only came once a year to La Bocana. That was when she and I wd talk about school, life and her future plans. Must have hit a home run with this kid! She has gotten straight A's from the get go and now she has her dream job with paid vacations, paid holidays, sick leave and a pension plan. WAY TO GO, CRISTINA!

Then we have Tidiana and Abraham's kids! They sent me photos of the first day of school. Many sponsors helped with this project. All 5 kids had to get full uniforms (one for gym and one regular), they each had to get 2 pairs of shoes (gym and official uniform), each needed a backpack and a boatload of school supplies. We checked off all the boxes! Thanks to all of you who pitched in!

First day of school

gas stations within 50 miles

shoes for the boys

shoes for the girls

The kids with their backpacks

Now, when I saw the first day of school pics, I was upset because the schools are adamant about the kids having trimmed hair and the boys all had long hair. Tidiana was having a hard time getting an appointment, so I wrote and made one for the kids. Second day of school. hair cut!

Julian wrote and his future wife are pregnant! They are happy and excited and getting ready for the big day. Want to hear the bad part? She is a doctor at IMSS in La Paz but she decided she does not trust the ob/gyn's to do a good job and she is doing her prenatal care with a private doctor. Kind of scary.

Julian also works at IMSS but in the HR department.

Pretty cool week, I say! Have a great day everyone.

[Edited on 9-20-2022 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2022 at 05:50 AM

:D

thumb-vector-icon-style-flat-260nw-325452782.jpg - 13kB

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
pjpvi
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2022 at 09:51 AM

Great update!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2022 at 10:55 AM

I know, I know!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 9-18-2022 at 01:56 PM

So proud of you and the kids Blanca!

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2022 at 02:07 PM

I'm impressed by it all but especially the family with all the kids.

I encourage all Nomads to pitch in and help Blanca do her wonderful work.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2022 at 08:57 AM

:dudette:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2022 at 01:06 PM

Thanks all. Ready for more?

Remember our grown up kiddo who was on drugs, living on the streets of La Paz and her parents put her in rehab?

Here is that story:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=96072#pid1212...

Jump to now and she is doing GREAT. Her cooking company has taken off! She experiments with breads and more. The whole village supports her 100% because her parents are well loved, and so is she.

She recently organized a spay / neuter clinic in La Bocana and Punta Abreojos peeps also came.

Her specialty is oven fired pizza (Abraham made her the oven).

She also fishes! Well, even better than that, she catches!

I am so happy, she seems to be happy and that is EVERYTHING. We did good, everyone, we did real good.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.