BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: TIP info for Trailers, motorhomes and cars.
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2023 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Mexico should be satisfied with all the $'s Americans are pumping into the MX economy.

It's crazy how some of you just want to tax people endlessly.

So just go away and make the rest of us happy...maybe “we“ are trying to weed out the ones we dont like...ever think of that!
BigOly
Senior Nomad

Mood: Easy Birder

[*] posted on 5-15-2023 at 06:53 PM

I just found this...interesting.

https://www.regularizaauto.sspc.gob.mx/

charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2023 at 07:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigOly  
I just found this...interesting.

https://www.regularizaauto.sspc.gob.mx/

Yup, just that easy...exactly what I found.

Thanks for the post!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2023 at 07:49 PM

It's great to come to baja nomads and get all wrong info from curmudgeon people who have no valid experience on the ground.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-15-2023 at 08:17 PM

Well good thing we have you here, gnukid, the foremost expert (in your own mind) on everything from Covid to buying land that can be taken away from you, to regularizing a car. Anything else you're the ultimate authority on?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-15-2023 at 08:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
It's great to come to baja nomads and get all wrong info from curmudgeon people who have no valid experience on the ground.

It is great to come to baja nomadlandia and get all the curmudgeon’s opinions on his fellow curmudgeons!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-15-2023 at 09:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  
Mexico should be satisfied with all the $'s Americans are pumping into the MX economy.

It's crazy how some of you just want to tax people endlessly.

This is not a political issue that you want to make it. It is only about doing right for the land that most people here spend most of their time and need to be informed of what is taking place.

We do not need your right winged BS here as you are the type that give the ones like us a really bad name here. Take your S..t to Florida with your new master and leave the rest of us alone to do the right thing!

Doing the right thing to JZ, apparently means doing what is of benefit to himself. This is the guy who brags publicly about sneaking his dog in the back door of no-pets hotels, and advised others to do the same.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 09:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Doing the right thing to JZ, apparently means doing what is of benefit to himself. This is the guy who brags publicly about sneaking his dog in the back door of no-pets hotels, and advised others to do the same.

that's what most humans do

if a right & wrong compass were built in, we would not need any laws

Harald Pietschmann
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 09:37 AM

the ones that scream the loudest about following the law are usually the first ones to fail
Priest, Politicians etc

Harald Pietschmann
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 01:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Been here and married to a live long business owner for 25 years and you are saying exactly what?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 02:10 PM

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 02:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

that's what most humans do

if a right & wrong compass were built in, we would not need any laws

You have already showed us all that you dont believe in laws or doing the right thing.
Remember when you posted you went around La Paz all the time without a mask when we were in Covid crisis?
I do!
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 04:27 PM

this thread might get as popular as the "palm tree under water" thread

Lets hope not, 1000 replies and still going, BN's have way
too much time on their hands

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 07:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  

You have already showed us all that you dont believe in laws or doing the right thing.
Remember when you posted you went around La Paz all the time without a mask when we were in Covid crisis?
I do!

memory and age rarely go well together
I always wore a mask - I still do
posting about not wearing a mask in La Paz?
what can I say - wasn't me
go check your memory

Harald Pietschmann
Lengua
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 08:41 PM

Question , we have a 10 year TIP for our boat that we leave at the marina in La Paz.

Can you get a 10 year TIP for you vehicle and leave it in Mexico like we do with the boat or does it have to exit when you leave? Over the years when we had towable boats we left out truck in Mexico at the airport storage in La Paz and Loreto. We would fly down and grab our truck and boat and put it in the marina. We had a TIP for our smaller center console back in those days.

The question is , Can I get a 10 year TIP for the truck? WE are not temp Residents or permanent residents. We only get the 6 month FMM that they hand out on the plane.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 08:54 PM

No, you can't get a 10 year TIP for your truck. A TIP is valid for the length of your immigration status- 180 days as a tourist, and In the case of temporary residents, it is good for as long as the length of the temporary residency.
And they don't hand out FMMs on the plane anymore, those have been pretty much phased out. Now they just stamp your passport when you go through immigration.

[Edited on 5-17-2023 by surabi]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2023 at 09:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lengua  
Question , we have a 10 year TIP for our boat that we leave at the marina in La Paz.

Can you get a 10 year TIP for you vehicle and leave it in Mexico like we do with the boat or does it have to exit when you leave? Over the years when we had towable boats we left out truck in Mexico at the airport storage in La Paz and Loreto. We would fly down and grab our truck and boat and put it in the marina. We had a TIP for our smaller center console back in those days.

The question is , Can I get a 10 year TIP for the truck? WE are not temp Residents or permanent residents. We only get the 6 month FMM that they hand out on the plane.

You can't get a 10 year TIP on a car/truck. But you don't need one. Because you don't have to have a TIP to bring/drive a car/truck in Baja.

It is true that you can't just leave it in Baja. But who is going to know you are leaving it there unless it's sitting outside or, maybe, someone tattles on you?

If you have an RV or boat in Baja, and you leave it, that is a whole other story. You better get a 10 year TIP or you will very likely be screwed.

Things to consider about the ppl going nuts in this thread:

a) The article was written by an attorney to scare ppl and drum up business

b) One of the main protagonist lives in mainland MX where vehicle TIPs are required. She doesn't ever go to Baja and is just inflaming the situation because that's what she does.

c) The OP (original poster) is also "stirring the pot." I sense that he is mad at some of his gringo neighbors and is a tattletale.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-17-2023 at 12:44 AM

b) One of the main protagonist lives in mainland MX where vehicle TIPs are required. She doesn't ever go to Baja and is just inflaming the situation because that's what she does.

Obviously you are referring to me. I am not "inflaming the situation". I answered the question as to whether one could get a 10 year TIP, which you can't, and you unnecessarily repeated, and said it's illegal for a permanent resident to drive a foreign-plated car in Mexico, which is true.
And yes, I go to Baja. Have driven the length of Baja several times and spent quite a bit of time there. Stop saying stupid things you know nothing about.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-17-2023 at 07:10 AM

c) The OP (original poster) is also "stirring the pot." I sense that he is mad at some of his gringo neighbors and is a tattletale.

Hmmmmm….

And how shall we categorize self-appointed critic, Jizzy half pint? :?:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2023 at 02:36 PM

the article at the beginning is from Lic. JACQUES-EDOUARD BEAULNE, LL.B., D.D.N. LAWYER IN MEXICO, STATE CED. PROF. 0086
a local Centenario character who is very much "loved" in the community
a Canadian immigrant with a Mexican passport
he is about as well regarded as charliemanson
they could be twin brothers

lawyer Jacques runs a restaurant in Centenario and argues on facebook with neighbors about driving too fast in front of his house - while racing himself through the neighborhood like a maniac
as I said - he is well known

he would be a perfect additional member to BajaNomad

[Edited on 5-17-2023 by 4x4abc]

Then I suppose the 16 people who had their RV“s confiscated are all just “disinformation“.

I will admit that I despise people driving around with no plates from here as I find them as scammers, as do the local Mexicans. It is cheating the system that in there country would never tolerate.

The purpose of the initial post was solely to inform what apparently is happening...nothing more.

Sure is easy here to see who is a MAGAot and who is normal however.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.