Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Violence without justice on Mexican voters minds
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2023 at 11:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

There are between 25 - 30 million hunters in the US. There are about 8 million swiss citizens.

[Edited on 12-25-2023 by RFClark]

Those numbers are meaningless as some kind of comparison. They have no context.

The US has a population of almost 340 million. There are 120.5 firearms in civilian possession per every 100 US residents.

The number of hunters in the US is 25- 30 million.
The number of farmers and ranchers (who usually also own guns to deal with predators) is 2.6 million.

There are over 400 million guns in the possession of US civilians, of which the 32.6 million people mentioned above have a legitimate and practical reason to own a gun. What do the other 367.4 million people need guns for?

And why don't the citizens of other countries, who are not hunters or ranchers or farmers think they need a gun?
Americans view guns as some kind of security blanket. It's absurd and dangerous.

I would much rather live in a country where there's an infintisimal chance that some bad guy with an illegal gun might shoot me, than live in a country where anyone with a case of road rage or who got freaked out that I wandered into their yard by mistake, is very likely to have a gun and to use it.

[Edited on 12-25-2023 by surabi]
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 10:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

There are over 400 million guns in the possession of US civilians, of which the 32.6 million people mentioned above have a legitimate and practical reason to own a gun. What do the other 367.4 million people need guns for?

Why is this even a question.? Gun control means hitting your target.

And why don't the citizens of other countries, who are not hunters or ranchers or farmers think they need a gun?
Americans view guns as some kind of security blanket. It's absurd and dangerous.

People who aren't hunters and ranchers think they need a gun because they want one. It's not complicated.

I would much rather live in a country where there's an infintisimal chance that some bad guy with an illegal gun might shoot me, than live in a country where anyone with a case of road rage or who got freaked out that I wandered into their yard by mistake, is very likely to have a gun and to use it.

Stay in Canada. Don't come to the US. I'd rather live in the US and think someone (other than me) would be willing to step up to stop gun violence.

I carry most of the time and think the US needs to follow Texas gun law. Carry if you want to carry. An armed society is a polite society.

By the way, have a safe and Merry Christmas.

[Edited on 12-25-2023 by surabi]

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 01:28 PM

Merry Christmas, have a safe one as well!

I’ll post a detailed but grim reply tomorrow.

Today for thought, some good news. 2023 is shaping up to be one of the lowest for US homiacides in the last 50 years. It’s down almost 13% from a high in 2020. (More here tomorrow).

Some not so good news. Homicides in Canada have increased each year since a low in 2013 and are almost double the 2013 rate today.

The “how it occurred” doesn’t really mater to those affected.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 04:43 PM

Merry Christmas, have a safe one as
Today for thought, some good news. 2023 is shaping up to be one of the lowest for US homiacides in the last 50 years. It’s down almost 13% from a high in 2020. (More here tomorrow).

And stock market at record high! Thanks, Joe!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 06:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Stay in Canada. Don't come to the US.

An armed society is a polite society.

FYI I live in Mexico. And you couldn't pay me to go to the US.

And "a polite society"? :lol: As a society, Americans are some of the rudest, least polite people I've met. People in other countries who work in the hospitality sector generally hate dealing with American travelers. They are some of the most entitled, demanding and unadaptable people in the world. Like when I'm standing in a shop line-up in Mexico, and there's an American tourist at the counter, who doesn't even bother himself to use a translation app. Instead he repeats, more and more loudly to the shopgirl, who doesn't speak English, what he wants, in English, as if she is just stupid or deaf.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 09:48 PM

Goat,

They both have had the number 37 in common recently. Numerology for the masses. Go figure!

Then there is the number 40, also seen recently.

“ The number 40 is often described as unfortunate and fateful in ancient sources when it is a name value. The number contains a direct and unbalanced 4-8 conflict and can attract accidents and bad luck. It should, therefore, preferably not be used as a name or placed elsewhere in the numeroscope. In extreme imbalance, the number 40/4 involuntarily becomes a secluded hermit living on the fringes of society. It can be lost in its own reality, full of cynicism and bitterness, where it looks down on others. It can also attract bad karma, accidents, and tests of a biblical proportion. 40/4 in strong imbalance is also a number of mental afflictions, such as mental handicaps, autistic tendencies, and low IQ. One might also be susceptible to auto-immune diseases, paralysis, sclerosis, and Parkinsons disease.”
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 10:34 PM

Goat,

They both have had the number 37 in common recently. Numerology for the masses. Go figure!

Then there is the number 40, also seen recently.

“ The number 40 is often described as unfortunate and fateful in ancient sources when it is a name value. The number contains a direct and unbalanced 4-8 conflict and can attract accidents and bad luck. It should, therefore, preferably not be used as a name or placed elsewhere in the numeroscope. In extreme imbalance, the number 40/4 involuntarily becomes a secluded hermit living on the fringes of society. It can be lost in its own reality, full of cynicism and bitterness, where it looks down on others. It can also attract bad karma, accidents, and tests of a biblical proportion. 40/4 in strong imbalance is also a number of mental afflictions, such as mental handicaps, autistic tendencies, and low IQ. One might also be susceptible to auto-immune diseases, paralysis, sclerosis, and Parkinsons disease.”

Hey boomer, I got no idea what you are talking about. What drug are you on tonite? Does your wife know you posting nonsense on the internet?

[Edited on 12-26-2023 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 10:40 PM

Yes, and I have a wife. How about you?
stillnbaja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2023 at 10:50 PM

thats some potent eggnog! :O
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 12:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Stay in Canada. Don't come to the US.

An armed society is a polite society.

FYI I live in Mexico. And you couldn't pay me to go to the US.

And "a polite society"? :lol: As a society, Americans are some of the rudest, least polite people I've met. People in other countries who work in the hospitality sector generally hate dealing with American travelers. They are some of the most entitled, demanding and unadaptable people in the world. Like when I'm standing in a shop line-up in Mexico, and there's an American tourist at the counter, who doesn't even bother himself to use a translation app. Instead he repeats, more and more loudly to the shopgirl, who doesn't speak English, what he wants, in English, as if she is just stupid or deaf.

You might be MX national, but you are a Canadian citizen, I'm guessing, so there is that.

Your generalizations are generally correct about entitled white people and their attitudes especially towards people of color. Can't speak for other countries even though you do.

Hopefully the white people being discussed don't carry.

Gun laws are in place. They need to be enforced.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 01:05 PM

Lee,

That’s the reason for hiding the who and the where. It allows shade slinging without much worry. Someone outed them a while back and the response was totally unhinged!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 01:24 PM

Guess you haven't noticed that 95% of online forum posters use an online "handle". Including the ones you agree with.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 01:48 PM

Yes, and 100% of the shade slingers like you. I don’t as you know!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 06:12 PM

Yes, and 100% of the shade slingers like you. I don’t as you know!

:lol: love it when RF learns a new catch phrase but honestly we're all still processing his biblical numerology (the magic of 37 and 40) that he was so kind to bless us with on christmas day .....you go Clarker!

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2023 at 07:54 PM

DP,

Think RCP.com when considering the mystical significance of 37 & 40!

Also why I look forward to 2024.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.