BajaNomad

Stopped at Bob and Susan's Today

Pages:  1  2

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-25-2007 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8

Can someone tell me what the initials "WGAF" stands for? Remember I am just a Junior Nomad in here.

Thanks

David

Who Gives A........... and you fill in the rest :biggrin:
Comprende :?:

BTW,your signature suggest that you had some run-ins with the law during your life :?:
Is that how you ended up at Espinoza's at 15 :?:
Had an early start :?::biggrin:

[Edited on 11-25-2007 by vandenberg]

[Edited on 11-25-2007 by vandenberg]

No, I'm no law breaker. I can post my life story in here if the owner does not mind. I have an outline written out but it is a little long. I am sure someone will write "WGAF" HA H A H A
H A HA HA

David

[Edited on 11-25-2007 by ELINVESTI8]

Here is a little taste of my life and where I come from. Remember it is a very rough draft which I started to write for my kids to read someday.

DAD’S LIFE (ROUGH OUTLINE)
My name is David M. and I am 54 years old. I was born on December 16, 1952 in Mesa Arizona. I am the eldest of 12 children. I am a Sagittarius and I love adventure. My adventure started when I was five years old after my parents Nephi and Anna Mae took me to live in a colony of ex-Mormons in the state of Chihuahua Mexico called Colonia LeBaron. This colony is a small place that is just south of Galeana Chihuahua Mexico and is and just north of San Buenaventura Chihuahua Mexico. This is a colony where they practice polygamy. (I do not practice it.) During my childhood I did not have time to be a kid because the elders had us all in the fields clearing it so they could plant alfalfa, tomatoes, sugar cane and corn. It was difficult time to say the least. By the time I was 9 years old I was taught how to plow the cleared fields behind a mule team and was out there plowing the rows to be planted. That is the way it was between 9 and 12 years old. (There is a lot more and it is long winded)

[Edited on 11-25-2007 by ELINVESTI8]

David K - 11-25-2007 at 11:14 AM

Good stuff, but better if on it's own thread, not the one about Bob & Susan's... Do tell more!

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-25-2007 at 11:16 AM

David do I just pick "New Topic" and go from there?

David K - 11-25-2007 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
David do I just pick "New Topic" and go from there?

Yes... do choose the best forum for your subject... General Baja Discussion if it doesn't fit in any of the others like Trip Reports, Historic Interests & Literature, Questions & Answers, etc.

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-25-2007 at 11:25 AM

Okie Dokie, will do. If I put it in the wrong place one of the administrators can delete it I guess.

toneart - 11-25-2007 at 11:55 AM

Some of us have been asking for a "writers' forum". Maybe you could wait for that. There are some good and interesting writers on the BajaNomad. I think you would get the most appreciative readers in a "writers' forum". Of course, there will always be those who criticize, no matter what. Hopefully they would screen themselves and just not go in. I, for one, will be looking forward to your story. :yes:

Bob and Susan,
I would say the same thing to you. In my opinion, you are fairly priced for what you are offering. Having the means but choosing not to spend their money that way, or not having the means; it's all OK. You will attract plenty who do. Those who choose not to, or cannot afford it will just not stay there. Sure, they can express that opinion here, but I think it is undue negativism for the beautiful place you have created, and therefore inappropriate. I wish they would self-screen and just not go in.:rolleyes:

docsmom - 11-25-2007 at 01:03 PM

Thanks Vandenberg for the U2U. You're quite the gentleman. Sorry for my outburst.
:)
And I still can't wait 'till I make it to Bob & Susan's!

[Edited on 11-25-2007 by docsmom]

Bob and Susan - 11-25-2007 at 01:06 PM

susan will have qiute a crowd on monday... :wow:

12 people are coming:wow:

edit spelling again thanks to a u2 person

[Edited on 11-25-2007 by Bob and Susan]

docsmom - 11-25-2007 at 01:19 PM

Vandenberg,
You naughty boy. I just saw the Big John post in another thread. What a desperate looser, and really good for a laugh! Had I seen his thread before I would have really enjoyed the humor of your post. Now, I think I'll go back to his thread and say something horrible. If you're into that kind of thing, see ya there!

Cleaning up some loose ends....

vgabndo - 11-25-2007 at 01:29 PM

Paula...first thanks for spelling my "handle" correctly, and yes I am in total agreement with the idea that moral rules of behavior pre-date bibles by a bunch. I'm reminded of my last over-reaction to an insult when someone thought they were going to stun me by saying: "I guess even an atheist can have morals."

Don't get me wrong, I wish Bob and Susan every success. In an age when a single Tuna fish can sell for more than $50.000.00 and a comparable serving of smelt is equally nourishing, we are no longer talking about "real" value.

And Barry...Yreka is the capitol of the mythical State of Jefferson. The county seat of 6400 square mile Siskiyou County it presides over a country with a population density of just under 6 people per square mile. It is also a place where very few people ever lock their doors when they leave the house. And, it is home to my very favorite unintentional pallindrome...Yreka Bakery.

It's a beautiful day from my office window...have a great
Sunday y'all.

IMG_0197.JPG - 47kB

Bob and Susan - 11-25-2007 at 02:37 PM

are those black wires "natural"???:saint::saint:

vgabndo - 11-25-2007 at 04:19 PM

Well, they are natural to me. :lol:

I'd be terribly ungrateful if I let myself be bothered by them enough to detract from the ever-changing magic of the volcano.

http://www.snowcrest.net/camera/bigdaily-5.mpg

I missed the sign the last two time I passed your place. Still planning to stop by to admire your work.

vandenberg - 11-25-2007 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
I just saw the Big John post in another thread. What a desperate looser, and really good for a laugh! Had I seen his thread before I would have really enjoyed the humor of your post.

Mom,
I think, again, you're jumping to conclusions. BigJohn is a guy who just marches to a different drummer then the one who guides our band. Nothing wrong with that, and after reading his other posts, I think this guy is quite on the level. I, for one, hope he'll find a wonderful lady, of like set of mind, to travel with him through our beautiful state. If you get my way Big John, make sure to look me up.
Maybe even find one of the Nomad forum ladies to be traveling with you :biggrin::biggrin:

toneart - 11-26-2007 at 12:36 PM

Bob & Susan,
You have gotten 3635 views on this string so far. Some of those will shake out to be guests in your beautiful Garden of Eden.
I'll see you in January. Having my own house in Mulege precludes me from staying in your lighthouse, but I can be an impostor, mingle with the guests and sweep someone off a stool in the Susan-built bar. I can even rummage through the laundry and don a pool robe. :cool:

capt. mike - 11-26-2007 at 02:21 PM

toneart - you and i can just bum down there together for happiness hours. they have me on a cerveza pass. its like a euro-rail pass sort of.......:saint:

toneart - 11-26-2007 at 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
toneart - you and i can just bum down there together for happiness hours. they have me on a cerveza pass. its like a euro-rail pass sort of.......:saint:

:bounce::bounce::yes::cool:

Holy Chingadero!

Sharksbaja - 11-28-2007 at 03:14 PM

I get home and the first post I read is like a bad breakfast. Starts off sweet but ends up in the toilet.
Screw this, I'm going back to Baja.

Nice to meet you Bob and Sue. Love your unique place.

Glad you liked Buzz! Like some of you Nomads, he makes a great first impression.:lol:

Corky

BajaRob - 12-1-2007 at 05:59 AM

Was it Buzz Baxter the Gutsy Gourmet?

Bob and Susan - 12-1-2007 at 08:05 AM

http://www.thegutsygourmet.net/bio.html

sharksbaja's dog doesnt look ANYTHING like this guy:lol:

baxter.jpg - 20kB

vandenberg - 12-1-2007 at 08:15 AM

Hey guys,
Pretty much "headline front page" news for 10 days consecutively.:yes::yes:
What else could you want for the price :?::biggrin:

[Edited on 12-1-2007 by vandenberg]

Bob H - 12-1-2007 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulege marv
2,818 views ? wow

I think the record for views was when JR passed away. God, I miss him... Maybe over 10,000 views... can't find the thread - it must be too old.
Bob H

Barry A. - 12-3-2007 at 11:20 PM

If "Vince" hadn't posted tonight I would have thought that was him---------Whew!!!!! :spingrin:

Bob and Susan - 12-4-2007 at 08:23 AM

this week only one casita is occupied by guest...

we got a waffel maker that works on the stove...
works pretty good:saint::saint:

P1030115.JPG - 33kB

Bob and Susan - 12-4-2007 at 08:25 AM

it was sure cold this morning...6am:no:

P1030113.JPG - 26kB

capt. mike - 12-4-2007 at 09:29 AM

Bob, wait till Jan............brrrrrrrrrrr.

elec blankets, or??

space heaters might work, on the genset.
that's what i use in the trailer - you've seen it.

Bob and Susan - 12-5-2007 at 06:28 AM

does ANYONE have a source for a non-vented propane heater with a thermostat??? :?:

something that looks "nice":light:

we're thinking of installing black stoves because they look "cool":lol:
but then...
we'd have to cut up "pompanos" big tree:wow::wow:

Bob and Susan - 12-5-2007 at 12:57 PM

pomp

that 1500 watt baby would drain the batteries really quick...

i need a propane unit with a thermostat

capt. mike - 12-5-2007 at 01:54 PM

Bob just watch the venting and make sure no one can un hook it, its a deadly killer, happens every year here in phx.

Al G - 12-5-2007 at 02:52 PM

If propane is the only answer then RV heaters are the answer...maybe to large at 34,000 btu, but can be set outside and piped in with a 6" duct. Compact at approx. 15X15x 24" ???
Not cheap though......well just found a 16,000btu at $429.00 new.
any old thermostat will do...

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-furnaces-suburban-atwo...
I was going to pull mine and put in a drawer...maybe I better wait:lol:

hey Al G??

capt. mike - 12-5-2007 at 04:16 PM

when are you gonna be back at serenidad? i would like you to look at something on my trailer heater, fan is squealin a bit intermittantly. i can trade out for good stuff. dinners , drinks, aerial touring.....whatever.

Al G - 12-5-2007 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
when are you gonna be back at serenidad? i would like you to look at something on my trailer heater, fan is squealin a bit intermittantly. i can trade out for good stuff. dinners , drinks, aerial touring.....whatever.

You got a deal...rebuilt mine with no problem...parts may be an issue though. What model (plate is on the front) so I can pull up a drawing to look at the fan cage and drive assembly. Parts are fairly cheap so would not hurt to guess...be there mid to end of January.

bajaguy - 12-5-2007 at 06:13 PM

Bob y Susan

Look at Northern Tool for the heaters

capt. mike - 12-5-2007 at 07:29 PM

ok Al. see you then.
i will look at it when i go down for Xmas.
its a coachmen RV w/ LP heater, cage is below the stove.
had it lubed/greased 7 years ago, i think he had to pull the stove to get at the blower motor??!!
i'v pulled the cover but you can't see much, just the igniter and exchange coils.

good to have you back in serenidad, last time you showed as i was leaving so we didn't get any acquaintenance time.

Pages:  1  2